ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar hero games tripled by 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Guitar hero games tripled by 2010 Reply with quote

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=20248

Activision says they're planning to triple the amount of guitar hero games and content by 2010. That's at least 18 games. That's about 5 games a year. That's crazy! What will this game series turn into in the future? I can imagine it: "Wow, Iamchris4life beat guitar hero 5 before the 6th game came out! I only made it to the 10th tier. "

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITS total released games. At time of release of article, this = 3. So that means 9 Activision games by 2010.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's some pretty awesome news for us. I don't mind having so many games, so long as they're all well-made. If that holds up to be true (and it looks like it so far with announcements of Guitar Hero: Metallica and Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades), I'll be set for life by 2020.
corkscrewblow  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't see why anyone would complain about this... they're pretty much just making games for the GH elitists (ScoreHero) because we 5* their games so quickly.

more games = more of a chance of GH: Metal.

win.
vaultitup  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we actually already knew about this...it was already a thread

Credit to Karatechess
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corkscrewblow wrote:
i can't see why anyone would complain about this... they're pretty much just making games for the GH elitists (ScoreHero) because we 5* their games so quickly.

Heard of Guitar hero:Aerosmith? They're not making games for elitists. They're making them easier and easier and ghwt will be disappointing difficulty wise. I was expecting it to be really hard. Difficulty is between gh2 and gh3. I won't fail a song. I hope they make games for elitists because I will feel like I'm wasting my money if I buy a few ghs a year and each one lasts only 1 day.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHA was a joke because Aerosmith doesn't have enough difficult guitar songs. GHM will be a whole different story.
straty  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corkscrewblow wrote:
GHA was a joke because Aerosmith doesn't have enough difficult guitar songs. GHM will be a whole different story.

/me is a metal fanboy.

Remember there are people who don't have skill like you have, and like easy songs.

9 games = win. Any more songs i can play the happier i'll be. Although my only concern is the price. New drums, new games, dlc alot of people are gonna be broke for this game.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: straty1899
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corkscrewblow wrote:

Not everyone that buys GH plays Expert and slays on it. Some people play for fun.

So, in short, quit your BAWWing and sack up.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
P10xz0rZ  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
corkscrewblow wrote:

Not everyone that buys GH plays Expert and slays on it. Some people play for fun.

Yes, but some people some like to try to "slay it" or just simply want a challenge. Its cool to have something completely unique such as ttfaf because it is a diversion from the every day "Casual player" and those who take it very seriously, and provides a challenge and different experience. Which is why they should try to maintain a equilibrium between the two different types of GH players, rather then to slope on one side.

Fc some songs
nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just read it and one of the comments is real angry lol

CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickyboy909 wrote:
i just read it and one of the comments is real angry lol

There is only one comment.

ANYWAY, I wouldn't mind this, more GH = more music = more fun, unless the diff. does start unwinding more. Then we're screwed. Plus, I need more money. But of course, they're gonna make this SUPER AMAZING AWESOME drum kit for the next full band GH, just for people to get pissed? I mean, if this drum kit has problems, then they should make another one, (That's why I'm glad they made a new drum kit for RB) same with the guitar controller. But if there is no problems, then what's the point of making a brand new one? Just save money so the people can save their money. amirite? (probably not)
Gatorguy91  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT

You think it's a good thing to release large expansion packs soley based one one main artist, then charge a price for ALL songs, with no option to get just the 1-2 you like?

Yeah, sure that's really good.

Do Not Complete this goal [PARADOX]

blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
corkscrewblow wrote:

So it would be great if a game had as many songs as ghwt and they got really hard. There would be maybe 40 easy ones.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackwidowcd wrote:
Heard of Guitar hero:Aerosmith? They're not making games for elitists. They're making them easier and easier and ghwt will be disappointing difficulty wise. I was expecting it to be really hard. Difficulty is between gh2 and gh3. I won't fail a song. I hope they make games for elitists because I will feel like I'm wasting my money if I buy a few ghs a year and each one lasts only 1 day.

Not our problem if you get bored of games THAT fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: