ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Curse you Echelar!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Curse you Echelar!!!! Reply with quote

...it was bad enough when you took my hard tk65 #1 score down.....a song which took some time to map out the perfect star path for....but now, you turn around and do the same on Hard-Godzilla...my #1 there did not even last a whopping 24 hours!! ...worse..you beat me my nearly 1.5k...which means you have a better star path as well!

...other songs, I'll finally develop a path for....execute..and turn around to find I am already 200+short of your score for a whopping second place.

How are you and jcirri able to come up with optimal star paths for everything so well?
Echelar  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the godzilla thing just lit a fire under me. Javman's score had stood in first since March. I just beat it this very week, only to find that you beat me a few days later.

So, yeah... I wanted it back pretty bad

Edit: I realized I didn't really answer your question, assuming it wasn't rhetorical. I assume you look at the charts. There's almost no way you could have gotten first on these songs without it.

Basically, if I have first place, I often stop looking. If I don't have first place, then I'm wrong somewhere, and I keep looking. Godzilla took me forever to figure out, for some reason. Usually I'm just not thinking outside the box enough.

Knowing how long SP lasts is a good thing (including the whammied parts). Figuring out where that 5-measure block would fit best within the 10 measures you have to use it is also good... but it often comes down to either playing it both ways, or counting notes to figure out which of two choices is better.

Edit #2: I think pope's Unsung score lasted 21 minutes when he beat me, so at least you don't hold the record for "shortest first". I probably would have tried to beat you last night, but I saw yours right before I went to bed, soooo... I had to wait.
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...alright..this site is doing its job then...firing people up to do better and better and spend even more time on this game!

...and it looks like you do exactly what I do. Sit down with the chart, and mark down best places to try to squeeze stars in....and alway key in on trying to use star power on sections that deliver the most points per measure.

Now I don't feel so bad...seems you put in all the work I do....the difference is you are just a better player and can execute them faster/better. I must have taken me 2 dozen attempts before i finally got that Godzilla high score. There are three places in that song I can nail maybe 3 out of 10 times...getting the one take where I nailed all three was a miracle.

Keep up the good work. Once I am finished developing my star paths on all the songs, i think my contribution to this site will be I will post them all on the respective forumn. I have noticed a trend where the competition is much higher on the songs where you either post a video or took the time to post a star strategy in the forums..so people are clearly using them to get the better scores..
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...on a seperate note..have you done one for Frankenstein yet?

o.m.g....this one is giving me a headache. with 19 stars....the number of potential paths to take is giving me an ulcer....and worse, I know I'll probably never be able to 100% this song to test it out....
SkepticalMario  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad is it that I'm happy to be beating Echelar on one song by a margin of less than 1,000 points?

Bark at the Zoo
popemobile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the #1 hard unsung score for less than 1 hour before he stole it away from me

DAMN YOU ECHELAR AND YOUR PLASTIC GUITAR
*shakes fist*
Genga  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive nothing to get worked up over as ill never get up there ;)
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to start a 'keep getting beat by Echelar' club....
I am sure there are plenty of guys working on medium difficulty who feel the same way..
popemobile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually unsung was the only song i did for hard

when i had the #1 score for it on expert
(*shakes fist* DAMN YOU KRIMSUNMUNKEYS AND YOUR PLASTUC GUITAR)
i figured the sp path had to be the same
so i tried it once and lo and behold, 1st place
i come back like 30 minutes later and im knocked off the top spot
and then the next day im knocked of the top spot in expert
i wasnt very happy
SkepticalMario  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a lot of us (looks at self) have never held any 1st place scores, so consider yourselves lucky.

Bark at the Zoo
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkepticalMario wrote:
Well, a lot of us (looks at self) have never held any 1st place scores, so consider yourselves lucky.

I dunno...to some extent, I think it is better when you don't even have the chance..than to hold it for a moment, then have it snatched away. Like..for example...I know I'll never achieve the scores some of these guys to on expert batm or cfh....so I just resign myself to knowing that I suck worse than those guys. Painful to accept..true...but not quite as painful as executing something as well as you possibly can...realizing you achieved the #1 score...than look back in a day and see it taken away..... CURSE YOU AND YOUR PLASTIC GUITAR ECHELAR! *shakes fist* ....hey..that rhymes...
Echelar  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Keep up the good work. Once I am finished developing my star paths on all the songs, i think my contribution to this site will be I will post them all on the respective forumn. I have noticed a trend where the competition is much higher on the songs where you either post a video or took the time to post a star strategy in the forums..so people are clearly using them to get the better scores..

Just resign yourself to the fact that you won't have first on a song for long after you post a strategy .

Unless you're really really good at squeezing notes, that is.

rabies wrote:
I must have taken me 2 dozen attempts before i finally got that Godzilla high score.

The original high score (that you beat) was my first try that day... the replay to beat you took about 8 tries. I kept missing the easiest stuff and getting the hard sections.
popemobile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey is the sp strat for unsung the same on hard as it is on expert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: