ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
And there goes my whammy bar..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: And there goes my whammy bar.. Reply with quote

I was just playing CotC on Hard in the middle of severe thunderstorms and lightning hit something close and surged my house. Didn't seem like a big deal, I felt nothing and the lights flickered a tiny bit. I continued playing the song and everything seemed normal, then the next held SP note i tried to whammy and.. no response.

Luckily I recently bought a 2nd controller to take to my sister's party a few weeks ago and it came with a 30-day warranty. So even though it was my old controller that got fried, I'll claim it was the new one and end up with 2 new ones (hopefully).

But I'm still pretty pissed right now since I want to play.. but I'm afraid to use the new controller and blow that one out also.. so I'll just sit here and map out SP paths I guess until it passes.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least the rest of the controller works, and you have another one. When my controller broke completely, and I couldn't play at all, that was a week of pure hell.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But.. the storms aren't supposed to stop until noon on Sunday.. I need to play now.

I just realized the complete fool I am for reconnecting my PS2 after bringing it back from the party last week by plugging it direct into the wall rather than my surge protector sitting right next to the thing..

Hmm, I may just have to risk the new controller using the surge protector now.

Last edited by JCirri on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
popemobile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
But.. the storms aren't supposed to stop until noon on Sunday.. I need to play now.

I just realized the complete fool I am for reconnecting my PS2 after bringing it back from the party last week by plugging it direct into the wall rather than my surge protector sitting right next to the thing..

d'oh
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope you get it replaced ok mate
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ever since my last post I've been playing CotC Hard on my new controller trying to get 100%. This is by far the most frustrating night I've had since I got GH. The 2nd solo thing is by far the hardest part and in the course of the last 8 hours I've managed to combo that part 9 times and yet every single time I make some dumb ass mistake afterwards, it's just unbelievable..

I'm going insane so I need to sleep now, but this battle with myself will continue when I get up.. and I will win.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck mate, hope you get it
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel ya, JCirri. Everybody always has those nights where you work at a GH song for even a few hours trying to get something...then you eventually get it (maybe even not knowing how you got it) and then you make some dumbass mistake afterwards. Or maybe you even figure out the part you were trying to get, but then the next time you play the song, you can't even get to that part because something weird has gone wrong with another part that you always used to get....i KNOW everyone knows what I'm talking about.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
I feel ya, JCirri. Everybody always has those nights where you work at a GH song for even a few hours trying to get something...then you eventually get it (maybe even not knowing how you got it) and then you make some dumbass mistake afterwards. Or maybe you even figure out the part you were trying to get, but then the next time you play the song, you can't even get to that part because something weird has gone wrong with another part that you always used to get....i KNOW everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Yeah. I've had this multiple times. I had four runs of Cochise where I screwed up an FC after the damn triplet solo. Also, before I got my latest BatM score, I gained skill in the 2nd solo, but lost skill in the 1st, ruining my score for countless runs. Also, yesterday, I felt that #1 on CFH was just out of my reach, and now I've lost the ability to do that wierd BYBRRBYBRR part and the simple GRYB!

We all feel your pain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: