ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ok I give up....how do you...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Ok I give up....how do you... Reply with quote

Ok, does anyone have any advice on nailing the YBY RR YBY RR part of the main riff in expert CFH (embedded in the GY chords)? I've looked at the note charts, and I even understand the rhythm..it's a triplet and two eighth notes. I've tried doing the YBY as a HO-PO and that worked sometimes but I don't really have control over it. Today I practiced strumming it for seriously 2 hours, but it doesn't seem plausible to nail it every time that way..I wish I could use the VGS player but it doesn't work with Macs. Anyone have a suggestion, even just a different way to think about this? If I had enough control to nail that every time instead of just relying on luck to get it half the time, I would easily get over 400k...it's really preventing me from improving my score.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
popemobile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same
i just cant do it
it is the devil
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Ok I give up....how do you... Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
it's a 16th triplet and two 16th notes

fix'd

Seriously though, it's funny you should mention that... I've been thinking about it all night at work practically... I was tripping over it yesterday afternoon, and it was bugging the piss out of me. I know my pinky can't pull something like that off, so I was thinking about playing the GYs with my 1st and 2nd fingers so I'd be in proper position to hit the B with my 3rd. Strum-wise, my natural inclination would be to D/H/P the triplet, then DU the Rs... but I doubt I'd be able to make that work with the strum bar. So I was thinking D/H/P.DD.D/H/P.DD... you guys are a lot better at this than I am, so, uh, lemme know if it works out... or if you've all tried this already and it still doesn't help. In which case I'm screwed, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently figured it out, I only get it about every 3rd time though. It is seriously one of the hardest riffs to get.

Finger 1 on G, finger 2 on Y, like Hellion said, Leaves finger 3 for B.

When it comes, you have that first triplet to get finger 1 on R, which is like 1/4 or less of a second, so do it fast.

Strumming: start with strumming down and alternate strum EVERY NOTE!!!!!

After you finish that riff your strum bar will be up, ready to go down on the chord in the next sequence.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, do what I do, do the GY chords with your 1 and 2 fingers if you can. Mr. Green I just don't know the rhythm well enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. It just clicked yesterday, and I have about an 80% chance of getting it right now.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks guys...I'm gonna give doing the GY chords with 1 2 instead of 1 3 a shot. I'm pretty decent with HO/PO's..I may be able to do the YBY R part of it with one strum if my 3rd finger is on blue instead of 4th...probably won't get to try it till Sunday though cause I'm going away this weekend

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that might help. I've been doing that for the longest time.
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
I just don't know the rhythm well enough.

Sing along!
||1.an|2.an|3.an|4.an||1.an|2.an|diggadee.an da|diggadee.an da||

|| = measure
| = beat
. = half beat

Ok, played through about 10 times this morning before going to bed, and I know that the fingerings work... I went from about a 1% success rate to somewhere around 40%. My strumming hand simply will not cooperate on this song (long-standing coordination issues... unless I'm downpicking the whole way through complicated left hand passages my brain refuses to sync my hands), and I'm pretty sure that's what's messing me up for the most part. I think I'm gonna have to bust out my lappy and see if VGS will help me un-break my brain... it's frustrating to know a song like the back of your hand yet still be 40k away from even 4*-ing it.

edit: or... maybe not. Apparently VGSplayer doesn't like my DVD drive. The disc mounts fine, I can see the contents while browsing, DLA was completely uninstalled, still nothing. I'm gonna try changing my drive letter but I don't think that's gonna do anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the YBYRRYBYRR part correct one time in my life! Mr. Green
I beat my old record by 20000 points. I still want that 300k score though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CbH is a really wierd song for me. I can't hit the scale part of the solo (where it's just the three note pull-offs) ever, but I can hit the scale you have trouble with almost every time. I can hit the part of the solo where it goes RYBOBYRYBO a few times in the solo almost every time, but I can only hit the simple GRYB hammer-on about 50% of the time.

And hellion, what is the thing you keep trying to tell us?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was talking about the other part in that spot. It's funny, when I slide my finger on the GRYB part, I get it right 7/8 times. Mr. Green
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get the YBYRRYBYRR most of the time now, I usually miss the last R if I miss anything.

Everything leading up to the solo is cake.

The first half of the solo: I get crapped on.

The second half: Perfect

The end of the song: Most of it, except for the triplets
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything up to the solo, 90% correct.
1st half of the solo, can't get a 3x multiplier.
2nd half, I get the fast BYRRYBBYRRYB thing sometimes. The rest I screwed up 1 or 2 notes to make me lose a multiplier.
Rest, I screw up every 30 notes (for real!) in the BYGG parts with triplets and get mad points with full star power in the beginning riff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: