ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

Ok, I went out to look for a new controller, and the Best Buy near me does indeed sell just the controller. Problem is, they were sold out, so I decided to go to Circuit City. They don't sell just the controller. Finally I came back here and looked online. Nobody sells just the controller on their web site (not even Best Buy, kinda weird) except for RedOctane, and they are sold out too!

Does anybody know of a place I can get a new controller only?

Lik-Sang has some third party controller, but says it's preorder until the shipment arrives in June. Since it's almost July, it should be in soon. Anyone ever buy anything from there that can give me an opionion on their stuff? Here is the website for the controller

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=237&products_id=9271&likref=alert575

Thanks for any help, I desperately need to get back into the game so I can get back my #1 ranking on hard Mr. Green
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck

they are out of stock just about everywhere
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that sucks, all i can say is that ive never had anything third party work out for me. so if i were you i probably wouldn't buy anything thrid party and wait till best buy has it back in stock
ES942  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've heard that you can't use the tilt sensor so you have to press select for star power with that controller.
dd3mon  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard (on this forum and guitar hero official forums) that the shredder is terrible. Sticky buttons, bad strum bar, no tilt sensor, etc.

eBay is an option for another controller. You could also look at other places that may carry them (Game Stop type places, target, walmart, etc). I know a friend of mine was planning on buying another game & guitar combo and selling the game on eBay because he wanted a guitar asap.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
i've heard that you can't use the tilt sensor so you have to press select for star power with that controller.

I believe it's not a tilt sensor on that controller but rather some device some triggers if you shake the guitar instead.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dd3mon wrote:
I've heard (on this forum and guitar hero official forums) that the shredder is terrible. Sticky buttons, bad strum bar, no tilt sensor, etc.

eBay is an option for another controller. You could also look at other places that may carry them (Game Stop type places, target, walmart, etc). I know a friend of mine was planning on buying another game & guitar combo and selling the game on eBay because he wanted a guitar asap.

after looking at ebay, I don't think it will help, I don't feel like weeding through the pages upon pages of shredder controllers to find what could possibly be only 1 or 2 original controllers, and probably at inflated prices because of that rarity.

However, I just might do the "buy the bundle, sell the game" idea, cause the game is selling on ebay for $40, which would make the controller quite a bit cheaper than the $40 best buy will want for it. Mr. Green
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javman158 wrote:
However, I just might do the "buy the bundle, sell the game" idea, cause the game is selling on ebay for $40, which would make the controller quite a bit cheaper than the $40 best buy will want for it. Mr. Green

Well, hurry up and do it! There has to be a best buy open somewhere in the world at this hour.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javman158 wrote:

You might want to talk to HylianHero... he might be interested in the other half of your purchase, lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used the warranty for my controller after the lightning blew out my whammy bar and exchanged it for a new one at Best Buy. They had plenty in stock around here.

As for other places to look, I think Walmart, Toys R Us and Target sell them also (but I could be wrong).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to gamestop.com , the guitar stand-alone is available for pre-order, and is supposedly due to ship 7/3. So, unless you're willing to wait for a bit, I think you're more or less out of luck for the time being.
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to just buy the bundle, and I hope to know what I'll be doing with the game soon.

So nice to have a working controller, by the way. Because of the specific timing needed for SP usage, I would never have been able to get back this first place.

I Love Rock and Roll - Hard

Guess I'll just start going down the list to see if I can re-accomplish what I had at one point (all but 4 songs on Hard with 1st place scores)

Here I come, Echelar!
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruh-roh.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar wrote:
Ruh-roh.

roffle

sell your game to the dude who needs a new one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: