ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Re-importing songs in .xen format into GH3 PC?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleteapot  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Re-importing songs in .xen format into GH3 PC? Reply with quote

I had a little problem with a computer recently - HD and motherboard were fried by a power surge and I lost all my lovely custom songs... The drive with the game installed and my working files died so all I have left are my backup of the actual .xen files I had on another drive.

Unfortunately I did not copy the qb out as well, as it was already being backed up within the game directory automatically and now I can't reimport or edit any of my previous customs.

As GHTCP doesn't recognise the .xen files, I've come to the conclusion that I need to reconvert the whole lot to mp3s and charts to put them back in again... is this the case? is there an easier way to put them back in?

As far as pulling apart to put back in goes, I've figured out the whole SongFSBDecrypt and fsbext the get my mp3s out but have had no luck finding a pak to chart convertor... any suggestions? perhaps a small command line app I've missed or something?

Sorry if this has been covered ages ago.. I tried hard to search the site for the info first
Olberi  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest GHCP recognises teh .xen files.

Get a stats signature: [13/20]
FC 20 songs: [20/20] Hell Yeah!
Get el Jefe: [38/39] Raining Blood
littleteapot  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olberi wrote:
The newest GHCP recognises teh .xen files.

Is there a different way to import the songs or something? I've tried getting GHCP to use the .xen files when browsing for the chart file but they just don't show up as a file I can add... I've tried using them with the mass importer as well - regular charts work, but .xen files fail to load....

I hate to have to ask such noobish questions but can someone enlighten me as to what I am doing incorrectly, or where I could find the info about the 1 or 2 things I am missing? I've read over and over the tutorial and I guess I'm just a little stupid
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this: Add the song again, with the same internal name (important!), but with any chart and audio file. After the program has added the song, replace the song PAK in SONGS folder and the song FSB in MUSIC folder.

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
TSorbera  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that GHTCP can import the MUSIC folder's files (by selecting the .dat.xen file), making it so you don't have to reprocess the audio, but other than that...you could try GameZelda's suggestion. That seems like it should work.
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CP just rips off custom song properties from the incompatible game settings. There is no check for data files, so if you just back them up and then create songs with the same internal name (and with dummy content) then you can replace the files created with the ones you had before (like GZ said).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: