ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
About Wii Firmware Update 3.4 & DLC in World Tour

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucketheadDscpl  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: About Wii Firmware Update 3.4 & DLC in World Tour Reply with quote

So I have a modded wii (wiikey 1.9s) and just bought GHWT.
My Wii is still on the 3.2 update so my trucha signed gh3 custom discs still work. I did not plan to update anytime soon but then came update 3.4...

With the Wii 3.4 firmware update, one cannot access the wii shop channel unless they update the said wii... which kinda sucks because now you're facing a tough decision: getting back access to the Wii shop channel and thus allowing you to buy GHWT DLC but doing so, you will lose your gh3 customs in the process...

Questions:

-Am I missing something or everything I said above is true??
-Is there a way around this / what other options can I have?

Thanks in advance guys
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Sgt WTF FTW
howlong  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you are correct. well, your stuck with two decisions; get rid of your hard work on customs and pay for something; or wait a few months without DLC for the wii ( i know it will hurt) until GH:WT wii is customized. i will happen, give it a few weeks.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: lilhaywood999
smokyjoe  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: About Wii Firmware Update 3.4 & DLC in World Tour Reply with quote

BucketheadDscpl wrote:
So I have a modded wii (wiikey 1.9s) and just bought GHWT.
My Wii is still on the 3.2 update....

which kinda sucks because now you're facing a tough decision: getting back access to the Wii shop channel and thus allowing you to buy GHWT DLC but doing so, you will lose your gh3 customs in the process...

Questions:

-Am I missing something or everything I said above is true??
-Is there a way around this / what other options can I have?

You are missing something: GeckoOs. You can still boot trucha signed games through GeckoOS. And, if you're still on 3.2, installing the homebrew channel is easy. Just find the installer iso, burn to a DVD and pop it in. You'll need an SD card as well. Once the HomeBrew Channel is installed, stick GeckoOs on the SD Card. If you want to play a GH custom, just load the HomeBrew Channel from the Wii Menu, Load GeckoOS, then load your GH custom. It'll take about 30 seconds longer to get into the game than before, but who really cares.

I just went through the same realisation as you and have since bought an SD card and got GeckoOS installed.
siggy2guitar  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can still sit on 3.2 and get dlc for the wii, you buy it through the game and if you really want the shop channel back you can just use this so you dont have to update

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9352
notturklton  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Firmware Downgrader Reply with quote

there is also a firmware downgrader, bootable with the homebrew channel, i wont but a link due to modding discussion, but just google it and you should be fine, it downgrades the firmware but keeps channel updates and other things so you shouldnt have a problem, if not try the gecko to boot ur trucha discs, either way, youve got 2 methods, find which is best for you

EDIT: by the way, its probably safer to use Gecko since changing firmware can brick your wii
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daputti  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homebrew won't brick your Wii I've being using it for a while now.
If you are not FORCED to update your Wii when you insert the GHWT
disc, you should be fine since you buy the DLC from the ingame store.

But, if you need to update, then I suggest you get rid of the Wiikey
and play World Tour, you can always get the firmware downgrader
if you want to go back to your customs, or wait for a homebrew app
to load burned discs comes out.

Also you don't need a DVD to get HBC, you can just wait for the new
Twilight Hack (I assume you have Twilight Princess? If you don't, go
buy it, it's better than... well, anything) which goes around the new update.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Gecko OS SD Reply with quote

If you have an SD card you can load the twilight hack (look up how to get the homebrew channel using the twilight hack because we cant talk about it here) from that to get the homebrew channel, then get the homebrew browser and download Gecko OS, it loads trucha discs (customs) and works with the new 3.4 update or w/e version it is

Safest way to do it and you can stay up with current firmware releases
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rednano12  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is NOT a 3.4 version. It is simply an I0S51. The best way to get around it would be to use
this -->http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer

I think the dude with the tehskeen link posted this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: