ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a28ant666  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Super Smash Bros Brawl Reply with quote

I want to no if anyone can give me tips. Its seems a lot worse than melee and im pretty sure it is. Melee has faster gameplay and it seems like the buttton hits a lot more accurate. In melee i will beat my friends by a considerable amount and in brawl i would barely lose every time. Does anyone have any tips for brawl that u should do differently than melee? thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: a28ant616
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Reply with quote

a28ant666 wrote:
I want to no if anyone can give me tips. Its seems a lot worse than melee and im pretty sure it is. Melee has faster gameplay and it seems like the buttton hits a lot more accurate. In melee i will beat my friends by a considerable amount and in brawl i would barely lose every time. Does anyone have any tips for brawl that u should do differently than melee? thanks

All the characters now no longer suck. That's the biggest difference between them. Also, Arial Dodging is better since you can still use it and move/attack afterwards.
...Except for Jigglypuff and Ness. They suck.
This game is infinitely better than Melee. Don't say such silly things.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
a28ant666  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh huh and arial dodging in brawl equals less skill than in melee. as u said u can attack after so u could use it whenever without skill melee on the other hand requires the skill to only use it once. jigglypuff doesnt really suck she is actually quite good besides how light she is and on another note wanna play me in brawl wifi? i no its gonna lag but still i want to play different people then ones i play? if yes i will go find my fc
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: a28ant616
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a28ant666 wrote:
uh huh and arial dodging in brawl equals less skill than in melee. as u said u can attack after so u could use it whenever without skill melee on the other hand requires the skill to only use it once. jigglypuff doesnt really suck she is actually quite good besides how light she is and on another note wanna play me in brawl wifi? i no its gonna lag but still i want to play different people then ones i play? if yes i will go find my fc

Aerial Dodging sucked in Melee because you were extremely vulnerable to attacks afterwards. Ever been Meteored by Ganondorf? I have.

Absolutely. My Brawl code is in my sig. Gimme yours and I'll go online right away, since we have to be online at the same time for it to work. (I think)

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brawl has a lot more balance, which is good. Unfortunately, they made my fav character Jigglypuff, so damn bad.

On Melee/SSB, you can use rest, and they'll be knocked out at 40%. Now its like 80%+. It really gets under my skin.

So yes, its better but its not. Kirby improved a lot, and I have been trying to work around Jiggly's problems, so far so good. I'm getting decent with her again.
zlinkneoXZ15  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um i dont have brawl yet, but i played it at a friend's, and by first impressions i wasnt sure if it was better than melee or not.

it seemed the characters didnt have that much power in them, like the percents would have to be a lot higher than on melee to send them flying. on the other hand i was using fox and link, so idk if its just them or if they have new moves that i didnt use. probably need to play brawl a lot more before i feel comfortable with it and make a choice between the two.

and since when was jigglypuff a she? personally i refer to jigglypuff as an "it". and "it" annoys me so much, my bro will choose him half the time in our vs matches. stupid rest technique sending my falco out of the ring at 45 freaking percent.....

SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brawl is just a slower Melee. I like brawl better personally, it's more balanced.
And Jigglypuff is easily the worst character in the game IMO. She was really good in melee, but they dumbed her down A LOT. I think King Dee Dee Dee is pretty damn bad too. Same with Snake, I cannot use Snake for the life of me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
Brawl is just a slower Melee. I like brawl better personally, it's more balanced.
And Jigglypuff is easily the worst character in the game IMO. She was really good in melee, but they dumbed her down A LOT. I think King Dee Dee Dee is pretty damn bad too. Same with Snake, I cannot use Snake for the life of me.

Snake, with MetaKnight (banned in Italy, lol), is one of the best Top Tiers.
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic4Ever wrote:
SDoner8790 wrote:

Snake, with MetaKnight (banned in Italy, lol), is one of the best Top Tiers.

I don't play professionally, so I could care less. Snake seems to be one of those that you really have to learn how to play with. If you don't know what you are doing with him, then you will get destroyed. But if you know what you are doing with him, you can destroy.
And I like metaknight, so I'm not surprised there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If tiers were real, and reliable, Snake, Meta Knight and Marth would all be top-tier, mostly because you need skill to use them. Jigglypuff sucks... too easy to KO, and Rest and Rollout suck too much to be worth it IMO; they're just too slow/inaccurate.
In addition to the characters in my sig (FTW) I also like using Lucario. He's like something out of DBZ the way he fights; I hardly even take advantage of his "damage % = more power".
If his B+↑ is "Sky Uppercut", why doeen't he hurt anyone with it? Oh, well. That's Brawl for ya. (Squitle can kill people, and Ivysuar can kill with Poison Powder 0_o)

My Backloggery
Worldkaos  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
If tiers were real, and reliable, Snake, Meta Knight and Marth would all be top-tier, mostly because you need skill to use them.

They are top tier <_<

And Jigglypuff is still good, just nerfed a lot. It's no different from Cpt. Falcon and Shiek (they got so nerfed so much.) Yes you have to get people to 80%-ish to get a kill with rest now, but how is that any different from other characters? With the exception of spiking it is harder to get a kill with every character than it was in Melee. Dair into Rest is a pretty reliable method of hitting with Rest, so it's not extremely difficult to get kills with it.

As for OP, it depends on your point of view for which is better. Most people (non tourney goers) like Brawl a lot better since it's more "balanced." Which is laughable because all you have to look at is Meta Knight and Snake to see truly unbalanced characters. But the speed of the game, the air dodges, the no L-cancel and no wavedashing gives most players a fairer chance of being good with a "lower tier" character. As far as I'm aware most pro's still prefer Melee over Brawl since it can be far more technical, what with wavedashing and L-cancels. So it depends on who you are. As for tips to be better at Brawl, simply don't play it like Melee. They are two very separate games and if you were good at Melee simply because of stuff like wavedashing, then you are out of luck. Play it more often, get used to the speed of the game, and learn how to spike or gimp otherwise you'll be killing them anywhere in between 130%-200% depending on your character.

As for the button presses not responding, were you playing online <_<. The wifi is notorious for having very bad lag and latency. It's why spammers are actually rewarded in online matches. If you were offline, I have no idea what to say to that.

Last edited by Worldkaos on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worldkaos wrote:
Qarx wrote:
If tiers were real, and reliable, Snake, Meta Knight and Marth would all be top-tier, mostly because you need skill to use them.

They are top tier <_<

And Jigglypuff is still good, just nerfed a lot. It's no different from Cpt. Falcon and Shiek (they got so nerfed so much.) Yes you have to get people to 80%-ish to get a kill with rest now, but how is that any different from other characters? With the exception of spiking it is harder to get a kill with every character than it was in Melee. Dair into Rest is a pretty reliable method of hitting with Rest, so it's not extremely difficult to get kills with it.

I didn't know they brought that combo back. It didn't work too well in SSBM, but in SSB, that's how I landed it every time. I'll have to do that then ^_^
a28ant666  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk u guys are sayin its just slower but i think the buttons are more responsive in melee as well. Fox in melee was incredibly fast and could actually get a ko. They mad they new characters better than the old ones with a few exceptions and i think thats dumb
Worldkaos  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a28ant666 wrote:
idk u guys are sayin its just slower but i think the buttons are more responsive in melee as well. Fox in melee was incredibly fast and could actually get a ko. They mad they new characters better than the old ones with a few exceptions and i think thats dumb

There were other changes made as well other than speed and air dodges. Such as the ledge hogging. So much harder to do on Brawl what with the "auto sweetspot." Just watch Toon Link grabbing an edge. It's like the edge sucks him right into it.

What you might mean instead of button responsiveness might very well be priority and/or lack of hit stun. Your attacks aren't seeming to go through? Well your attack might just be out prioritized by the opponents attack. That's quite different from button responsiveness. Hit stun is also almost non existant in Brawl which makes stuff like "Ken Combo" nigh impossible to achieve unless your opponent is just that bad. Fox's shine, for another example, has decreased hit stun and decreased knockback.

So this is your problem. You are comparing it to Melee. Don't. It's a whole new game, made by a different developer (or something like that.) This is like all those people whining over how the HOPOs are different in each GH game. They're different games made by different people just like Brawl from Melee. Stop bawing over how Fox isn't top tier anymore, it isn't going to solve your problem or get you better at Brawl. If you like playing as Fox, good for you stick with him, he's actually still a decent character if you use him correctly and he can still get KOs easily if you know how. If you just want to win and use "top tier" characters, just go learn how to play Meta Knight. That guy is cruise control for win. Or, just go back to Melee. A lot of pros have done this as I said before. If you don't like, just don't play it.
CaptainMuffins  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to be good in Brawl?
Use Metaknight. It doesn't even matter if you suck at the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: