ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Drums SP Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamTL7  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Drums SP Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Discuss all SP paths here!

^Thanks to MSH-Hitman for this.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Luptak Attack
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably post a lot in this thread, at least if the charts are generated, even if I don't get the drums kit... I just love making paths ;P

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you be updating the OP with paths? If so will you split up the paths between WT Kit and RB Kit?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
Well you be updating the OP with paths? If so will you split up the paths between WT Kit and RB Kit?

Paths will be the same.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Luptak Attack
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamTL7 wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:

Paths will be the same.

Well, it's been proven that the orange cymbal is worth 60 on WT kit and 50 for the same note on a RB kit. (It was 240 and 200 because of 4x multiplier, but you get the point.) This may rarely affect a path change, but I think before we get started we need to prove that the bass pedal for the RB kit is worth 75 as opposed to 50 because that could REALLY be a huge difference.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
AdamTL7 wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:

Paths will be the same.

Well, it's been proven that the orange cymbal is worth 60 on WT kit and 50 for the same note on a RB kit. (It was 240 and 200 because of 4x multiplier, but you get the point.) This may rarely affect a path change, but I think before we get started we need to prove that the bass pedal for the RB kit is worth 75 as opposed to 50 because that could REALLY be a huge difference.

WHAT!? I didn't know this...Thanks for informing me.

Briane  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're realistically going to need two scoreboards on this site, one for RB kits, one for GH kits.

Fail =/
Sully  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briane wrote:
We're realistically going to need two scoreboards on this site, one for RB kits, one for GH kits.

Fail =/

Think how this affects multiplayer- every multiplayer iteration with a drum part needs two separate scoreboards =/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
someguy913  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to find this here, hopefully those more gifted at pathing than I will work their magic.

Though, I'm wondering once score tracking and, hopefully, note charts go live, will there be a GH:WT forum in the Star Power FAQs section?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
anonymous_103  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Briane  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
Briane wrote:

Fail =/

Think how this affects multiplayer- every multiplayer iteration with a drum part needs two separate scoreboards =/

Are you guys actually going to implement it like that? Soooo many people are going to put stuff in the wrong spot (thinks back to guitar+drums vs bass+drums scoreboards) but I guess there's really no "fair" alternative.

Here's hoping there aren't cross-console differences, I'm assuming without OD activations like RB, that the max score and star note locations are the same.
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepbluevibes wrote:
Orange notes = 60
Bass pedal = 75
Red/Yellow/Blue/Green notes = 50

And yes, armored notes DO count worth more points, just not sure how much yet.

Chords count as one note on the multiplier but all note values therein are combined.

I believe for Red/Yellow/Blue/Green armored notes are 200 instead of 300 at 4x multiplier, meaning 75 instead of 50 at 1x multiplier. (As long as you hit them correctly, of course) I'm unsure of orange armor notes as of now. Possibly 400 instead of 300?

Anyone have conformation on armored notes for the RB kit? Do they even exist? If they do...then that would honestly suck for stat tracking. This means that we should have 3 different drum kit types. One for WT, one for RB2 drum kit (because it is velocity sensitive), and one for the RB1 kit because it isn't velocity sensitive.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:

Anyone have conformation on armored notes for the RB kit? Do they even exist? If they do...then that would honestly suck for stat tracking. This means that we should have 3 different drum kit types. One for WT, one for RB2 drum kit (because it is velocity sensitive), and one for the RB1 kit because it isn't velocity sensitive.

I am using the RB1 kit right now and have not seen an armored note. Everything is always worth the same amount of points every time.

I am not sure if the game makes the distinction between the different Rock Band kits, or if it just says "it's a Rock Band kit". Someone with Ions or the RB2 kit needs to tell us if they see armored notes.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
Briane  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using my Ion all of the notes look the same? What's an armored note supposed to look like?

The only difference I've seen is with star notes.

Ion isn't velocity sensitive in GHWT, so I don't think they exist.

Side rant: I "love" the limited Ion functionality in this game, and also the pop up message when you start it up that "You should use GH drums for a better experience".

Ions would absolutely destroy GH drums in a fair fight... /angry face.

I could use a midi out cable from my DM5 brain and plug that into a GHWT set if I cared enough to make "real" ghwt drums, but that's a waste of money for this game...
AdamTL7  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briane wrote:
Using my Ion all of the notes look the same? What's an armored note supposed to look like?

The only difference I've seen is with star notes.

Ion isn't velocity sensitive in GHWT, so I don't think they exist.

Side rant: I "love" the limited Ion functionality in this game, and also the pop up message when you start it up that "You should use GH drums for a better experience".

Ions would absolutely destroy GH drums in a fair fight... /angry face.

I could use a midi out cable from my DM5 brain and plug that into a GHWT set if I cared enough to make "real" ghwt drums, but that's a waste of money for this game...

Meaning 5 notes and armoured notes. This isn't about midi out...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: