ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Ultimate "Help me with ____" thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I briefly skimmed the thread so I'll throw out a general reply rather than directing this at anyone in particular.

This thread (and others like it) will not stop people from making new threads to ask questions that have been asked repeatedly. But it does serve three important purposes:

1) It will cut down on new threads. If even one person uses this thread rather than making a new thread, then this thread is a great success.

2) It's a reference point for people answering questions. Ideally, these sorts of responses will be polite and courteous in pointing people to the place where their question has been answered already (or where their question should be asked instead of in a new thread). Then we can lock the new thread and any further discussion can commence in an already existing thread.

3) It reduced the clutter in this forum. I personally find the forum more usable and manageable when there aren't 25 stickies/announcements on the first page.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
sirhcruiz  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice I really like this idea. Hopefully it does help with reducing questions and such.

http://wiki.scorehero.com/User_sirhcruiz thats my wiki right there check it out its still in the works though. Accomplishments
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be cool if you put this code in the OP so we could just do a quick copy and paste to link to it?

Code:
[url=http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81277]The Ultimate "Help me with ____" thread[/url]

I'm lazy, I like to just be able to copy-paste-post.
ShadowDude27  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
Would it be cool if you put this code in the OP so we could just do a quick copy and paste to link to it?

Code:
[url=http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81277]The Ultimate "Help me with ____" thread[/url]

I'm lazy, I like to just be able to copy-paste-post.
It's a good idea, saved me some time with your guide list, so it should help

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
Do you think after my Satch Boogie guide is completely done you could put it here? It is, after all, the so called "impossible" song in GH:WT. Jordan and TTFaF are here, so maybe mine should be too.

It won't ever be "done". It would be ALWAYS be available for discussion just like Jordan and TTFAF. I believe it should definitely be added on there, though. There isn't a reason not to add it right now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone make a short guide on the twin solo descending triplets? please and thankyou
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

habbyboy14y wrote:
Can someone make a short guide on the twin solo descending triplets? please and thankyou

There's a video guide for it: TTFAF Twin Solo Descending Triplets Tutorial.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
13rats  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely suggest adding the Satch Boogie guide/thread to the list, since it's supposed to be the impossible song of GH:WT, like Jordan and TTFaF.
For ease
Code:
[url]http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81257[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13rats wrote:
I definitely suggest adding the Satch Boogie guide/thread to the list, since it's supposed to be the impossible song of GH:WT, like Jordan and TTFaF.
For ease
Code:
[url]http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81257[/url]

Good Idea. Then I can call it the Official Satch Boogie Thread!

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Woffls  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't find anything on this because the search function is utter balls...

I have 5*'d every song but One on Hard, I can't do the darkness riff.

For reference I have 5*'d every song on Expert except Raining Blood, Number of the Beast, Before I Forget & One, My score is 10k off at the moment, and not getting any closer. This has been annoying me for nearly a year now... Also, I'm using hyperspeed 2. I will try it on 3 and see what happens during the solo.

edit
since then I have 5*'d BiF, increasing my score by 110k. Also 5*'d Number of the Beast. I then got a new high score on One (Hard) and was 2,600 away from the 5* guess I'd better keep trying. I fell apart after the solo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woffls wrote:
Couldn't find anything on this because the search function is utter balls...

I have 5*'d every song but One on Hard, I can't do the darkness riff.

For reference I have 5*'d every song on Expert except Raining Blood, Number of the Beast, Before I Forget & One, My score is 10k off at the moment, and not getting any closer. This has been annoying me for nearly a year now... Also, I'm using hyperspeed 2. I will try it on 3 and see what happens during the solo.

edit
since then I have 5*'d BiF, increasing my score by 110k. Also 5*'d Number of the Beast. I then got a new high score on One (Hard) and was 2,600 away from the 5* guess I'd better keep trying. I fell apart after the solo.

I think I can help.. When Your strumming the Darkness Riff, your most likely concentrating on hitting the G notes, so you have trouble hitting the RB and OY chords. You have to let your hand loose and alt strum the G notes then down strum the chords. You should Also remember that if you start on a down strum, you will end on a down strum, so If you start the darkness riff's with a downstrum, you should be good. You should also know that theres 6 G notes... hope that helps
MPTG  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need big help on 3's & 7's,I can barely get through the start of the song(on hard difficulty)...

Does anyone have tips to how can I get better at it?I just don't know what is my mistake and what can I do to improve??

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3's & 7's on Hard is a wall of sorts; mainly because the strumming rhythm is extremely awkward. I recommend going into Practice and slowing it down, then working out the rhythm (counting notes if you have to) and speeding it up as you get more comfortable with it. It is a strange rhythm for people working their way through Hard, though.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Cjmainy  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in need of a HfT tutorial please.

Especially the intro, I suck balls at tapping.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was totally needed, good job Sully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: