Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Thatguy:Updates and stuff,PWM Tech FC, thanks for support (=
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatguy4893  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Thatguy:Updates and stuff,PWM Tech FC, thanks for support (= Reply with quote

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol i like never update the OP >.>
FTK FC: So this morning when i was looking at the forums before school i decided i wanted to find a rivalry, and i found one, and the starting song for the week happened to be FTK, i decided i wasn't going to play it until after i fced Arterial Black, but i got home and my hands were cold and knew i wasn't going to be able to do much until they warmed up and i decided i should take a break from AB so i was like "Ok might as well try Kick It! on slow" so i did and was like, ok this isn't too hard kicked it up (no that wasn't a pun 0.0) to fullspeed without fcing it, and almost fced it first try and was like whatever, ok i'll try the rest of the song past Kick It and see how i do, noticed a few chokeable bits ( Verse 1b,Chorus 1, Chorus 2, Chorus 3+Outro) practiced them, Verse 1b became really easy, Chorus 1 was pretty easy, Chorus 2 was still kinda hard not to mess up, but then i practiced more and it became pretty easy, for some reason i kept messing up the chords in Chorus 3 for like no reason, triplets were still rather chokeable, and i missed the chord switch at the end once and was like what 0.0. So i looked up the path learned it pretty easy then started real runs, after a few practices i had a run i messed up Kick It but kept going, fced up to Chorus 2 and messed up because i forgot to strum something, and then kept going and messed up Chorus 3 chords, the Outro triplets, and the 4 chords at the end and was like damn.. went back to re-learn path (i had the 4th activation screwed up) then came back FCed it First try, first time FCing Kick It! in a real run...i feel like a lucky punk

Arterial Black: yeah Solo B is hard the rest is pretty easy, except in real runs my Solo A consistency goes from like 90% to 30% >.>, but i'll get this pretty soon, hopefully i can get PPLL on sunday too, and LTMR this week, we'll see
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 New FC's Last Night!!

Jessica- no outro chokes, lots of places to miss in the solo but i finally got the hang of it, decent score i guess? i got the fc on my worst run though, because i was distracted and forgot to whammy the yellow sustain in the jam, and dropped a sustain right before the jam

TIGRYT- I found a pretty good way to hold the guitar to downstrum the outro, this FC was waaaaay overdue glad i finally fixed my choke (from the middle of October >.>) 2k improvement as well

Sweet Child of Mine- The End of solo 2b just got easy for me somehow (=, had to work on other bits of solo 2b in practice mode then got this fc fairly easy, no chokes 4k improvement

Stop- I've wanted this FC pretty bad for a really long time, i love this song! and it was probably only 8 months ago that i could barely pass it 0.0
Only took like 40 minutes my first time playing it this year, solo b isn't too bad, epic song
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok A couple Days Ago i got a Tattooed Love Boys FC and didn't bump my thread, it was ridiculously easy for some reason my score is terrible, i don't know why but the FC only took me like 15 minutes even with a verse 3 choke >.> this FC actually had quite a bit of similarities with my Woman FC
Woman FC, this got a little frustrating because i had one awful choke, so here's how it went, it took me like 3 runs to get past verse 1 for some stupid reason or another, then i fced all the way through the full solo (which i had never done in practice mode) then choked by overstrumming in the second chord of chorus 3 (which is an unbelievably stupid place to choke) then played again and after sometime got to the point where i would miss in the exact same place in solo c after the 3rd or 4th time in a row i thought... hmm maybe it's glitched, so i restarted the song to possibly unglitch and got the fc on the following run pretty bad score i guess, idc pretty close to tier 1 fc now =D

Who Was in My Room Last Night FC
Six nearly fc of intro (messed up in the last 4 oranges)
BatH Solo D -4... helllz ya!
Tattoooed Love Boys Section FC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Stuff: 1. Jordan 6*'s, 70+ percent on both crazy solos, 336k, 64/64 gh2x 6's, which is awesome!!
2. A few Mr.Fix It squeezes 0.0, like 222.5k score cut my rank down by like half

3. Random Arterial Black Solo A Nonsense- so i wasn't able to fc this because i haven't played it in months then i practiced a little and was able to fc it and did it a bunch of weird ways on fullspeed

1. I thumbfretted lol held down green button with left hand thumb hit the reds with middle finger and tapped the rest with right hand
2. Lol ok so i anchored down green with my right hand and hit the rest with my left, it was kinda cool
3. Ok- so i put my left hand over the fretbar held down green with my left hand pinky hits the reds with my ring finger and tapped the rest =d
4. tapped only the blues and oranges with no anchoring
Some Incredible Stuff: I've cut down my rank by like 75 places!!! wooo hooo and about half of which (36 actually) were all from Killing in the Name FC, only lost like 7k activation points, which i think is really good considering this songs sp path is crazy!! and i did the all but the third (which is like lol impossible in my opinion) as perfectly as possible, for me anyway, so ya this is my new best ranked score

Sweet Child of Mine- 100% 308k, i give up trying to fc this, screw solo 2b

Madhouse- first run in months -2 one was a stupid mistake, one overstrum and one miss in solo b, i'll fc this soon

YYZ- insane improvement to like 98% and 7*'s i could really fc this if i tried and this used to be my worst song, and i fced almost everything except solo c and d (and i hit the tapping section of solo d which i haven't practiced in months and never actually hit in practice mode!!)

TLTB- lol i got like a 9k better score that i haven't inserted but umm, i fced solo b yesterday in practice mode with tapping, so i could really do this solo if i wanted

LTR- i was going for seven stars and i randomly fced all but two sections for a minus 9.. i've never even got 98% on this song before.. great run i'll be pissed when i can't fc this now

Six- 98% freakin percent! i learned to alt strum the verse the same way as the chorus, and got a full verse and chorus fc run!!, i just need to re-learn get really good at the outro and intro and i'm gonna own!

some random reduxes on quite a few other songs and that's pretty much it, and i'm working on 400k on freya right now which is gonna be a bit rough i might even go for fc >.>
Madhouse FC!!! yes epicsauce this is my best ranked score to date ever (lol last night it was Kitn fc) just shows how much better i'm getting so fast, i also changed my character to Johnny with his second outfit and gibson v (pointless message, but that's pretty much the perfect character for the song =d)pretty bad score but awell good enough, and no chokes (post solo b messups) so i'm happy , also a great song

FCed Chorus 3 plus Verse 4 of Thunderhorse together (the gallopy part) and that's the only hard part except for stupid Verse 2 (the really stupid part) so maybe i could fc this 0.o, but don't hold your breath waiting

Working on Freya for Graf's rivalry and Carry on Wayward son FC atm, as well as more Six practice
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carry on Wayward Son FC, for the first time in ever a choke, and a completely epic fail choke, i figured i'd have this fc easy after solo 3 as long as i didn't choke in solo 4's trill.. but i messed up at this the orange is a hammer on sustain and i missed a strum or something i was pissed, but still got the fc shortly after with a score i'm sure is godawful

Last edited by thatguy4893 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:37 am; edited 78 times in total
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you mean Hooray...it's Mike? Haha....

But seriously you're pretty darn good. Keep working at those FCs and you'll get them no problem.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basic Thread Information, this has been moved for the purpose of editing the op as a bulletin for new accomplishments:

I've been spending quite a bit of time on scorehero and been playing gh2 a lot, and i decided making my own accomplishments thread would be a great way to be motivated for more goals, get known by the community and just have fun, i am authorized to do this right? =d

when i began this thread i only played gh2 but have since added gh3 to my repertoir and only play on expert, i have no intention to learning to squeeze by optimizing medium or hard. sorry if you find that boring

Best GH2 Accomplishments: 48 FCs!!
Carry me home,Gemini, Bad Rep Rock This Town and Freya FC's, 98% Six!! TROGDOR SOlo -2, BatH SOlo -4, 426k 96% Jordan!
Top 101 PS2 users
11 8*'s, I think =d
62 7*s

GH2X FC's (sorta in order)
1. Heart Shaped Box
2. Parasite
3.Surrender-lol at erkle
4. Soy Bomb
5.Radium Eyes
6.Laughtrack- epic at the time
7.Fix It- finally fixed it ... lol that pun wasn't intended.. ya i
8.Shout at the devil
9.Monkey Wrench
10.Yes We Can- NO YOU CAN'T!
11. Red Lottery- same day as YWC Never Forget 10/9/08 lololol
12.Can't you hear me knockin- those switches used to be hard
13. John the Fisherman- easy x10! lol primus sucks
14.Collide- very nice!
15.Cherry Pie- i think >.< or is it after last child?
16.Last Child- definetely my 16th fc,not cherry pie
17.The New Black i have to reFC this... F#*% my life..
18. Strutter
19 Message in a bottle
20. X-stream
21Trippin on a hole in a paper heart
22. Elephant Bones- oh the frustration
23. Killing in the Name- took forever
24. Madhouse- or so i claim 0.0
25. Carry on Wayward Son - horrible choke, i mean just..
26. Raw Dog
27. Who Was In My Room Last Night
28. Woman
29. Tattooed Love Boys
30. Jessica
31. Tonight, I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight- great song, waaaay overdue
32. Sweet Child of Mine- yay
33. Stop- NEVAR!
34. One For the Road
35. FTK
36. You Really Got Me
37. Carry Me Home- YEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!
38. YYZ
GH3X FC's in order
1. Slow Ride- a few chokes, overall very easy
2. Prayer of the Refugee- i Love this song!
3. Talk Dirty to Me
4. Sunshine of Your love
5.Closer-soo easy it's scary
6.Metal Heavy Lady- stupid select activation
7. Generation Rock
8. Radio Song
9. Ruby- i sightreaded this before i played closer, not counting that
10. Stricken- omg freakin epic!!
11. Story of My Life- screw that sp path
12. Before I Forget- my best gh3 ranking, made of win
13. Barracuda- pretty easy
14. Cherub Rock - insanely easy
15. Miss Murder
16. Paranoid
17. Lay Down- lol this fc took 5 minutes, sick song
18. When you were young
19 Paint It Black
20. Minus Celcius
21. My Name is Jonas
22. Hit Me With Your Best Shot
23. Mauvais Garcon
24. The Metal
25. Hier Kommt Alex
26. 3's and 7's
27. Helicopter
28. Suck My Kiss
29. Monsters
30. Reptilia
31. Sabotage
32. Cities On Flame With Rock and Roll
33. Anarchy in the UK
34. Bulls on Parade
35. Mississippi Queen
36. Even Flow
37. In The Belly Of A Shark
38. Can't Be Saved
39. Cliffs of Dover -FTW!! YES YES YES

I realize i have a massive amount of easy fcs to get on gh3 i just don't feel like doing it right now

Wish me luck everyone! I appreciate any help/support/fake encouragement just for the sake of posting

Last edited by thatguy4893 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:21 am; edited 13 times in total
thatguy4893  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, nice name i would check out your squeezing guide sometimes but i'm not really up on the learning to squeeze thing

Update: 7* Arterial Black

Played GH3 at a friends house, got 5* on knights of cydonia and number of the beast, i thought that was pretty good since it was my second time playing both of those songs

Last edited by thatguy4893 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
thatguy4893  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATES:

Hurray!! 6* rock this town, leaving only five more 6*s left, and the good news is, the songs aren't ridiculously insane (jordan, six, psychobilly freakout, hangar 18) lol.. ya right..

Working on girlfriend fc because who was in my room last night chorus 1b is made of fail >.<, girlfriend's solos are tricky, and i think i'll choke if i get past it, so it will take some time

7* You really got me-only like 8k improvement. lol
7* Stop-omg epic improvement! i got a minus 2 run, 7 starring this is so near fcing this, i don't like the sp path! but like 51k improv!
36 7 stars now, which means more than 50% of gh2x is 7*d or better
and i'm also ranked top 700 ps2 users now

also, good breakthrough on the intro to the light that blinds, so i coulda got the 6* if i didn't major fail at other alt strumming parts under sp, so i can 6* this fairly soon i hope
thatguy4893  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Gained like 50 ranks today

20k improvement on beast and the harlot, darn close to 7*
25k improvement on freya, quite satisfied with
308k on raw dog... i really have to 7 star this tomorrow
7* Tattooed Love boys... still not a huge fan of this song pretty fun i guess

i should probably stop putting off my fcs
thatguy4893  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATES!!:

OMG YES!: Hangar 18 6*, 380k, 96% best of all i got 670 streak, fced solo 1b by tapping

Acoustic Hero Ftw!: no, but seriously i was playing the light that blinds, and was owning the beginning and knew i was gonna get the 6*, and my ps2 cords suck so the sound went out, and i kept playing and still got it =d

Raw Dog FC soon:!!! i swear my ho/pos are retarded in this song, but i've section fced it several times, and got a minus 2 run, so i can do it (=

LTMR 99%:yeah, i can still do better =d

New 7 Star!!: FTK: nearly optimized path, 290+k, 98%
and i could easily get jessica

finally, nearly section fced carry on wayward son: just solo 3 is hard!
thatguy4893  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Psycobilly Freakout Improvement!!: i realized i can finally get good at this song, i think i got 98% on solo 2 in practice, but anyway 35k or so improv, moving me up to like 6.2 stars 225k 97%, freakin awesome

and my improvement on six may be even better, got from 270k not long ago to 317k today, amazing run, 97% and hit every sp phrase, only thing i could have done better was holding a combo in the verse. i will get six stars on this very soon! i'm just not doing good at the alt strumming parts today

Jessica 7*, pfft again i say, hardly worth mentioning =d

and i have decided i hate playing jordan and laid to rest A LOT! right now...

and i don't think i have any really easy fc's left imo =/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two reasons you're cool:

1. You got uber excited over all your accomplishments even when no one is posting in your thread.

2. You have an awesome Family Guy quote in your sig.

That's righteous that you still pulled a TLTB 6* after losing sound. Hand-eye co-ordination and memorization FTW.

And I can relate to recently having a randomly awesome run on Psychobilly Freakout. Up until I played it about two weeks ago, I could only 5* about once every three runs... and then I pulled a 6* run, followed by an even better 6* run. Everything clicked! Sounds like the same thing happened to you. Keep up the good work!

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
thatguy4893  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:
Two reasons you're cool:

1. You got uber excited over all your accomplishments even when no one is posting in your thread.

2. You have an awesome Family Guy quote in your sig.

That's righteous that you still pulled a TLTB 6* after losing sound. Hand-eye co-ordination and memorization FTW.

And I can relate to recently having a randomly awesome run on Psychobilly Freakout. Up until I played it about two weeks ago, I could only 5* about once every three runs... and then I pulled a 6* run, followed by an even better 6* run. Everything clicked! Sounds like the same thing happened to you. Keep up the good work!

lol ya i feel bad cuz no one is posting on my thread, maybe once i get better fcs

only reason i have family guy quote in my sig is cuz one of my best friends says that..... a lot.....

and good job on your psychobilly freakout accomplishments, that song can piss me off, especially when i see scores of people one rank above me that have it fced, i'm like wtf!! hax?!?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW:!!! finally got a miracle run on Six. 33k above my old score, i knew from the beginning i was gonna finally get the six stars, i normally try and get 175k by the end of chorus 2 but i hit 205k!! final score 350k with 97%, would have been better if i didn't choke at bridge 2 sp phase >.<

Jordan: now the only thing standing between me and 6* all songs, i got a very nice run today, 87% 285k (25k improvement), my first fc up to the gtr break, and i hit both sp phrases in the bridge

and i'm nearly in top 500 gh2x ps2 rankings
btw, i'm now "shredder" ftw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATES:

Carry Me Home: i was 100% the triplet fill consistently, but failing everything else today, i'm gonna put off this fc for longer

Thunderhorse: i've gotten so much better at this song so fast!, 99% -8, huge improvement, 191k i would have gotten 7* but i messed up verse 4 very badly, my first gtr solo fc, i'll get 7* on this song tomorrow

Jordan: wow.... just wow.... i just got a big recent improvement and i shattered it...301k now, 91% 62% solo b, 67% solo c,94% f, 95% bridge, i actually was in the low yellow when i hit the bnof, i'm thrilled at this!

My New Goal: Top 1k all songs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see I'm not the only one who still plays GH2! (granted not as often anymore.)

Good luck getting the 7* on th. I always thought that the green star icon makes your score page look pretty. :)

EDIT: Also don't feel bad about people not posting in your thread. If your name isn't iamchris4life you aren't going to get any attention these days round scorehero.

alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey don't worry, no one replies to my thread either!

but seriously, nice job on the gh2 pwnage, especially getting over 90% on jordan... I can't even pass it half the time, lol... I think we're about even skill-wise
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
thatguy4893  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the support guys

alex, i'll check out your thread right now

"if your name isn't iamchris4life you won't get any attention around here", i think baseballkid is more popular nowadays but that's just me

and i didn't get over 90% on jordan i got 89, i prolly coulda got 90 if i didn't do so bad on gtr break and solo a, i've fced them in practice mode but i have no consistency, only got 89% on gtr break and 90% on a, i could do much better, other than that it was an amazing run for me.

and ya, green stars look way better than orange
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: