Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Drum problems? Download the Drum Tuning Kit from Red Octane
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitaringEgg  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting GHWT tomorrow, and I'm really worried that it will be fucked up. I have a few questions:
1) Can i just use a 'normal'(is they exist) USB to Midi cable that i could buy over the counter.
2) Do they ship to the UK?

Thanks to whoever can answer this.

5/1/09 - Bought DragonForce pack
12/1/09 - All DragonForce Songs 5*'d
18/1/09 - BoS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: GuitaringEgg Wii Friend Code: 133260988829
bpruha  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Also, my snare worked out of the box, but my yellow cymbal had some issues. After three hours of play, the snare will no longer register at all. I've tried just lightly tapping it, and I've tried bashing the hell out of it. Would the sensitivity program remedy this, or is my pad just screwed?

The exact same thing happened to me!
Out of the box the yellow cymbal was terrible and I had no issues with any other pad but now the snare seems to not only not register hits (I’ve tried hard/soft different areas of the pad) but it also cross talks now too. I have star power activating when I hit red and orange rather than yellow and orange.

Quote:

Can i just use a 'normal'(is they exist) USB to Midi cable that i could buy over the counter.

Yes you can buy it over the counter and it’s generally easiest to find at music stores rather than a computer store. The only thing I’m unsure of if whether or not it will have the LED that tells you when you register hits.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BroNutZ ICQ Number
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Can i just use a 'normal'(is they exist) USB to Midi cable that i could buy over the counter.

If you want to cough up 50 bucks for it, then yes. Or you can wait about a week and get one for free that is guaranteed to work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
Quote:

If you want to cough up 50 bucks for it, then yes. Or you can wait about a week and get one for free that is guaranteed to work.

I'm lucky that i have myself,2 housemates and another friend who owns GHWT so we are all pitching in for the cable. I hate waiting lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BroNutZ ICQ Number
bpruha  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are patient enough to wait they added the USB-Midi cable to the Australian section of the support site.
God I hope this fixes my kit.
I want to get an ION but can’t find anywhere that’ll ship to Aus *cries*
bpruha  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry bout the triple post….

I can’t even process a request.
Keeps giving me an error message saying

“We're sorry. There was a problem while executing your request.”

I’ve tried several times now checking over all the fields ensuring they are correct.

Anyone else in Australia had this problem?
I just want a working kit damnit
BlazeDGO  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent in my request last Wednesday, and RO emailed me saying they would ship it within 3-5 business days, and they would email me when it was shipped. Still no new email from RO. This happen to anyone else? Should I contact them?
BlazeDGO  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post.

I just got the cable today. But the tuning kit isn't working. The LED on the cable blinks when I click test and save but not when I actually hit the pads. Also when I save it doesn't seem to do anything. When I exit it and start it up again the sensitivity level goes back to 10! Is there something I'm doing wrong? I followed the instructions in the pdf file just so you know. I'd REALLY appreciate help. BTW I'm using the Wii.
agenttaco91  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agh I'm getting so mad with the whole MIDI USB cable crap. I ordered it over a week ago and still haven't even gotten the e-mail that says it's been shipped.

and the first time I tried to order it was TWO weeks ago until they sent me an E-MAIL telling me they don't accept E-MAILS.

just wow.

so then today I messaged them and was like "wtf is it sent?" and they were annoyed-like and said "we don't deal with RedOctane's problems" (it was on Activision customer support.) and the answer of course was no.

BLAHHHHGH

rb2: 84/84 5 stars, 82/84 gold 5 stars (STTP and visions left)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
EpicCalamity  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to point out since some people are saying it's being slow for the confirmation email.. I don't think they're exactly consistant with them. I got the Confirmation email the day after the cable got to me.. (might have been the night it got here, but nonetheless, I got the cable before the email)
Spongebob pack should be avoided at all costs and even deleted off your hard drive if you already have it. Some people may think it's a fun song to play, but people might emotionally attack your sexuality if they see that you PAID MONEY FOR IT.
xpandnz  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlazeDGO wrote:
Sorry for the double post.

I just got the cable today. But the tuning kit isn't working. The LED on the cable blinks when I click test and save but not when I actually hit the pads. Also when I save it doesn't seem to do anything. When I exit it and start it up again the sensitivity level goes back to 10! Is there something I'm doing wrong? I followed the instructions in the pdf file just so you know. I'd REALLY appreciate help. BTW I'm using the Wii.

Same thing here mate. Anyone, can you help?
TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would just like to say this cable is GOD...i got mine today...adjusted everything and BAM, perfect working pads for me now
I had to adjust my red/green pad down to 1...blue to 5, both cymbals to 5 and my pedal to 1....
and its all perfecto now, <3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I got my tuning kit today, but the "USB Audio Device" isn't a choice in my dropdown menu for the software, and none of the options register hit on the drums...

EDIT: I just did it with one of the other options and it worked fine...Woot for good drumset now!
5* GHIII Hard [x]-Finally!
Enlightened Guitarist [7/20 Getting closer...]
El Jefe [ ]
Deschain  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the cable, it passed the TEST test, I calibrated and saved, but it doesn't seem to have done anything. I bring back up the drum tuner program and is it saying everything is back at 10, or that's just the default setting shown?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
zX1337Xz  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else having problems with the program? Mine won't even open up because it claims to have an error EVERY time. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling like 3 times. Wtf?

Pls, does this website still exist? Such nostalgia, such wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vindications Wii Friend Code: 468266225949
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: