ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Anyone else not likeing how you activate SP?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
futureslash  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont the just stick buttons in the drum sticks for star power?
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futureslash wrote:

That's convenient.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futureslash wrote:

Well, then you'd have to use the official drum sticks, where as many people dislike them.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:

Well, then you'd have to use the official drum sticks, where as many people dislike them.

I actually like them more than my Vic Firth's :X

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
ZEFFER13  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt there a couple different kinds they have? My pair are light colored and lightwieght. My friends sticks are Browner than mine, more of a sealed feeling, and much heavier. I know they are the ones thatt came in his full band set since they have the GH design on them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
futureslash  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
futureslash wrote:

well arent they the same as real drum sticks anyway?
and there cant be that much of a difference...
maybe there can be a band that is wrapped around the stick with a button on it....
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GHWT drumsticks are NOT real drumsticks. The ones that came with my kit were like balsa wood. First thing I did was throw them in the trash...
futureslash  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really?
they look pretty real to me...and they dont feel like balsa, at least not the ones i got. nice and hard.
whats the difference between those and real drum sticks?
weee911  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
futureslash wrote:

So then buy third party ones that suit you better? I do like that idea for sure.

It's not like you get to use a real guitar for the guitar part of the game, but I'm guessing it would make the kit that much more expensive, not to mention I don't want to put batteries into a drum stick.

It would be nice if someone came out with a stick that had a starpower button and also had one of those self powering flashlight style charging systems, we are swinging around our drumsticks afterall so there's plenty of energy to be generated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futureslash wrote:
really?
they look pretty real to me...and they dont feel like balsa, at least not the ones i got. nice and hard.
whats the difference between those and real drum sticks?

I think they do have some GH sticks that are better than others because I saw some that looked darker and actually had a wood grain look. The sticks I got with my WT kit are featherweight, very light and color, and no noticable wood grain. They would instantly shatter if I did a solid crash with them on a real cymbal. They are also shorter than sticks that I typically use.

I am a big fan of Vic Firth sticks. Their claim to fame is that they have a 'tone matching' process where they pair sticks based on their natural tone (and they also make sure they are weight matched). I used Zildjian sticks earlier in my career, but got fed up with getting so many warped sticks right from the store. Vic Firth also seems to be better about weeding out their crooked members before they make it to the store.

Vic Firth Manufacturing process:
http://www.vicfirth.com/features/factorytour.html

Sticks I currently use (On my E-Kit):
http://www.vicfirth.com/product/buynow/product.php?button=ROCKN
mops  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still use my sticks that came with the game. My problem with a star power activation button on the sticks is that I hold mine backward so it would probably end being on the wrong end for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think next time around they should make another bass pedal for activation.
But it gets annoying sometimes.But I learned how to get used to it.
g0dly  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i like the activation system, but the problem is that my cymbals are crap. i had to switch them because if you hit the yellow one on the right side it double hits every time even when i take the sensitivity down to 0. the only problem is that when you hit it on the left side, it only registers like 80% of the hits. what i ended up doing was cranking the orange up to 2 (which is really the yellow) and dropping the yellow (orange) to 0 because it double hits if i take it over 5. plus the orange and blue crosstalk even when i drop their sensitivities down reel low which causes me to randomly activate or break combo when i hit blue yellow notes. but still, alot of times when i go to activate, ill hit orange and itll double hit or it wont register and i blow my combo. i wish they didn't make such an unreliable kit, because if it worked right it would be awsome. i reely like how it is set up.
g0dly  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use vic firth sticks. i have nylon ones, but i definatly prefer the wood tip ones. they are much lighter than the GH sticks.

by the way, since they are already putting in a double bass option for the next installment, are you suggesting that they release a third pedal for starpower? that would make activating during a double bass section pretty tricky...
GRYBOPandRYBOGP  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should make a Star Power cymbal. It can have a light blue ring like the SP color where around the top. Hit it to activate SP, and it will automatically hit notes that were there so you don't lose your streak.
The way you spelled Metallica reminds me of the way Lynyrd Skynyrd was spelled on the cover of GH:M originally.. >_>
ohh noes! typing error, someone call the police!!
Me - "Hello, 911. I'm calling on the behalf of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Neversoft has failed to spell the name correctly on the game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. This will effect their image and possibly reduce sales for the band. I suggest suing the company."
Police - "Who the fuck do you think you are? WMG? Get off our line."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: