ProfileProfile Log inLog in
All Metal Music Game Coming...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
opethian  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
skutieos wrote:
YEAH! I hope its filled with death metal and black metal. The only real death metal song ever on a rb or gh game was Visions. We need for of that!

Actually, I'm gonna be genre police here.

Visions isn't technically death metal, it's actually grindcore which is a subgenre of black metal, which is a subgenre of death metal.

Where as probably the closest thing we have to traditional death metal is Prequel to the Sequel which is mathcore/progressive death metal.

Actually, I'm also going to be the genre police here.

Grindcore is not a subgenre of black metal.
Black metal is not a subgenre of death metal.

Some good death metal would be great, but chances are the "death metal" entries would just be deathcore. If I were to guess, I'd say to expect some classic metal mixed with metalcore (maybe including some deathcore), and maybe a little bit of hair metal. That would kind of suck (aside from the classic metal), but commercial appeal seems to take precedence over quality.

Black metal would also be nice, but I doubt it will happen. Prog metal? Maybe one or two songs. Unfortunately, there's unlikely to be more. Doom metal? Not unless you count Sabbath as doom metal...but it would be awesome for me to be wrong. Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Cathedral...oh pleeeeaaaasssse.
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this game comes out and it's full of Nu-Metal, Deathcore, Metalcore and other shit then I'm gonna be pissed. A chance a metal game and it gets blown away by mainstream non-metal material.

Also, anybody ever think that this just MIGHT have been GHMetallica?

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
If this game comes out and it's full of Nu-Metal, Deathcore, Metalcore and other shit then I'm gonna be pissed. A chance a metal game and it gets blown away by mainstream non-metal material.

If we want to be technical here, a lot of the Black Album stuff wasn't really "metal". Nor was No Excuses really, so I guess that wouldn't count as an "all-metal" game.

EDIT: I actually hope they mix in a bunch of stuff like Nu-Metal, Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Metalcore, etc. You know, for variety. That'd be pretty sweet actually. I also hope we get Trogdor.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:

If we want to be technical here, a lot of the Black Album stuff wasn't really "metal". Nor was No Excuses really, so I guess that wouldn't count as an "all-metal" game.

EDIT: I actually hope they mix in a bunch of stuff like Nu-Metal, Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Metalcore, etc. You know, for variety. That'd be pretty sweet actually. I also hope we get Trogdor.

I in no way think that Black Album and beyond is metal at all. Same with Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bob Seger. But this could have been before the songs were announced and it was circling around that a "Music Game about Metallica" was coming out, and then people were excited for an "All Metal Music Game".

And, I wouldn't mind if there was some metalcore and nu-metal. While I don't really find this "metal", but as long as their was some Death Metal I'd be happy. I'd kill for a music game with Death in it. but I'd doubt they'd be in the game, it'd probably be like Slipknot, System of a Down, Bullet for My Valentine and various bands like that. And if we're really unlucky, stuff like Bring Me The Horizon and Trivium.

blech.

Still, maybe there is a chance that this wasn't GH:Metallica and that there will be some great metal here. Who knows what's gonna happen.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
NixxiN  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, didn't expect to find something like this here.

Chances are this game won't be like what any of us are thinking of. It may say Metal, but from my experience that means the people in charge will pack it with whatever heavy sounding music is selling these days. The Comcast Metal channel only plays straight Metal on certain nights, otherwise it's whatever's popular/whatever just came out/hardcore/deathcore with some Metal mixed in.

Since the line between these forms of music is invisible to people who can't be bothered, I do not expect this game to be the Metal edition a lot of us are waiting for. I'd love to be wrong, but we'll see how this plays out.

Norm wrote:
I guess all the people who knew anything about Metal got left behind in the last Metal Thread...
Andami  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Brutal Legend...

...but in GH format.

Will this game ever come out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Andami
gx1010  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oseth wrote:
ahh this game is gonna be sick!

What's to debate?
gx1010  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andami wrote:
Sounds like Brutal Legend...

...but in GH format.

Will this game ever come out?

It could just be gaga trash! But I hope thats not true
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opethian wrote:

Black metal would also be nice, but I doubt it will happen. Prog metal? Maybe one or two songs. Unfortunately, there's unlikely to be more. Doom metal? Not unless you count Sabbath as doom metal...but it would be awesome for me to be wrong. Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Cathedral...oh pleeeeaaaasssse.

Provided it gets past the playtesters and peer review, I'm currently working on two full on black metal tracks for the Rock Band Network. One is a very slow, simple atmospheric song, and the other is balls to the wall tremolo picking with blastbeats and awesome acoustic interludes - hopefully I'll be able to announce the actual songs in a few weeks. One is a fairly established band with a string of albums, and the other is relatively newer, but really incredible as well.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
xXryannn  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
All That Remains and Cannibal Corpse pl0x. Necrophagist would be pretty cool, along with some Dream Theater. NO NU METAL. kthxbai

lolwut?

Raikri999 wrote:
I swear, if Avenged Sevenfold isn't in this game. It'll never be in any other game. But if this game goes good, it's a sure buy from me.

Maybe if they put some stuff from Waking the Fallen it could be considered metal, but otherwise, no.

TheThirdDay wrote:
Nollaig wrote:
That game is Brutal Legend, An action adventure game.
More Info here

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=87413&start=0

Yeah, I don't believe it's the same, this being confirmed to be a rhythm game and that being, well, not a rhythm game.

They never said anything about it being a rhythm game in the OP's Kotaku article. I'm willing to bet that it was referring to Brutal Legend.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xXryannnnnnnnnn
DrummerLad  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that REALLY hates the constant genre-ization of metal?

For Christ's sakes, it's metal.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrummerLad wrote:

You can't tell me that you want Behemoth and All That Remains under the same classification, can you?

We have thousands of little sub-genres to make things a bit easier to talk about.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
DrummerLad wrote:

You can't tell me that you want Behemoth and All That Remains under the same classification, can you?

We have thousands of little sub-genres to make things a bit easier to talk about.

To an extent I agree with you. But in the end all metal is in a way metal (I'm personally biased against all the "core" genres, ala Metalcore, Grindcore etc.). Really the only one I can see a clear argument over not being metal is Nu-metal, I mean seriously, listen to Nile's Lashed to the Slave Stick then listen to any Linkin Park song and try to tell me those are anything near each other.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
1ofakind  

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put in Megadeth, Maiden, Priest, Mastodon, and Testament and I'll be sold

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrummerLad wrote:

For Christ's sake, a lot of garbage music the kids consider metal nowadays is no where close.

Nu-Metal is a misconception shit subgenre of rock.

Metalcore is anywhere from 40-99% metal, but it usually sticks around the 40 mark and sucks.

Grindcore is not metal, BUT it is definitely awesome.

But as far as actual metal goes, yeah I'll agree with you on that one. Thrash, Heavy, Death, Black, Doom, Folk, Etc... all boil down to just pure metal. That's why it's all so good.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: