ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Effect of LEFTY FLIP on Drums?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megabert  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CryofthePlanet wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:
However, for a left-handed person this is the roll that would feel more comfortable.

o_O There's REAL lefty drummers?! Dude, I'm like more Lefty than Tony Iommi, and I don't use Lefty Flip drums...And it's NOT ambidextrous, it's mixed-handed. Not doing the same thing with both handings.

Actually, what he mentioned would be considered ambidextrous (being able to do something oriented around either hand without much [or any] difficulty).

BTW, I'm left-handed, but I've always had problems with left-handed rolls. Always. And I can play RB and real drums both left- and right-handed.

anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
CryofthePlanet  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megabert wrote:
CryofthePlanet wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:
However, for a left-handed person this is the roll that would feel more comfortable.

o_O There's REAL lefty drummers?! Dude, I'm like more Lefty than Tony Iommi, and I don't use Lefty Flip drums...And it's NOT ambidextrous, it's mixed-handed. Not doing the same thing with both handings.

Actually, what he mentioned would be considered ambidextrous (being able to do something oriented around either hand without much [or any] difficulty).

BTW, I'm left-handed, but I've always had problems with left-handed rolls. Always. And I can play RB and real drums both left- and right-handed.

Whoops, that's my fault. When I said that comment, I meant what it was for me. When I tell people that I play guitar and stuff left-handed, but do some other things right-handed, they always say, "Oh, so you're ambidextrous?" Obviously I'm not, but his situation would suit that definition better.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried playing Assassin on lefty drums earlier, I can't do those hi hats snare etc on righty. I'm playing on an RB Drum kit btw.

And speaking of real lefty drummers, Dom from Muse is a lefty.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
Rockerzz  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im left hand but i play at the normal way

its so hard to play on left flip lol

Aqui é BRASIL =)

GHWT: (Nick: From Brazil!) : 266460010650
GH3 (Nick: Peeedro) :459708150579
MARIO KART: (Nick: Bassi ;]) 1633-6122-2522
RB BEATLES (Nick: PedroBassi): 4721-5018-5395
GH5 (Nick: PedroBassi): 1914-8774-9381-7139
GHMETALLICA (Nick: /Iamrockerz) : 1419-3630-6492
Amadedus  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play w/ Lefty Flip and I had no drumming experience before getting the RB1 kit.

I worked my way up to Don't Fear the Reaper in RB on Expert, and after the usual pitfalls involved with the song, realized that doing the outro rolls for that song are much harder w/ Lefty Flip.

Keeping your left hand and right foot in synch is MUCH harder than keeping the right side of your body together. I tried pedalling lefty, but it makes the game feel like a sewing machine.

In short, if I wasn't playing on Lefty Flip, I totally would have passed that DFTR outro by now. Everything else I've come across seems just fine on lefty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: