ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Buying Guitar Hero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cat  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Buying Guitar Hero Reply with quote

Cut a long story short...

Got game/controller -> ps2 died -> disc got scratched to buggery during death and now won't fully load.

So I need a new copy of the game, NOT the game/controller. I have e-mailed Red Octane and they do not do the game alone and suggest I get copy off of eBay which don't sell it seperatley.

I know a lot of you want a second controller and lots of places are out of stock so here is my suggestion. You buy the full pack again for £50 (Amazon sell for £45, free delivery) and then I buy the game from you. This is the best way round it, as posting a game is far cheaper than posting a dirty great big guitar controller.

Controllers are about £25 each so I am willing to buy the game for £20 plus a couple of quid p&p.

Lastly the game must be PAL, so really for UK users only. sorry.

Post here if you are interested.

Thanks
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Javman158 has recently purchased the bundle pack just for the controller as you mentioned, and he was wanting to sell his copy.

I just sent him a link here, so you might just be in luck.

But the PAL version could be a problem..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I hope he has the PAL version. *crosses fingers*
cat  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the songs I can play:

First tier - all difficulties
Second tier - all difficulties

Third tier only works on easy and Heart Full Of Black doesn't (tho Symphony does...)

As you can imagine it gets pretty boring so a new disk is needed
GuitarRanger  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Got Another Thing Comin' is a pretty good song at least.

The scratches are beyond repair?
Genga  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take it to a game shop they may be able to take a layer off you.

Other than that, im looking for a new guitar myself, but im low on funding just now
Javman158  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately I don't have the PAL version, so my copy of the game won't work too well for you.
Genga  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get some swap magic on the go ;)
cat  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the disc is seriously screwed.

I have a blue disc which is scratched pretty bad cos I got it second hand (Lego Star Wars) and that plays fine.

These are not scratches, they are like smudges, as if something sticky has been there, but it won't come off, it's all etched into the disc.

Gonna do some more investigating tonight, I will buy the full pack myself if some mug on eBay is going to pay the postage, but your looking £15 to post the controller as opposed to £1.50 to post the game.

How does swap magic actually work? I have a pretty old ps2 (version 9) and it's not worth getting a mod chip fitted for the little use I would get out of it. Be cheaper to buy the game and sell the controller.

If swap magic doesn't require a soldered mod chip then I guess I could buy it if it was under £20.
cat  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK posted on eBay. Doubt anyone will be interested though. Heres the description:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=250002407542&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

So basically the controller is £23 brand new, with free postage. Good deal for someone?
Genga  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good, i would go for it, but youd have to wait another week, unless i send you my game for the time being?

im not good with versions is this yours?

swapmagic doesnt use modchips so theres no opening, you put clips into your lid to keep it open while it spins or something, my mate has the one for your ps2
cat  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No that looks like the slimline version.

Looks like mine.

Anyway I had a look at Swap Magic and it seems a bit pointless to spend £20 and then have to faff about getting someone with a DVD burner to download/copy it for me.

I am willing to wait a week no problems. Currently trying to 100% the songs I can play on easy so I don't look THAT bad when I upload my scores

That does get a bit repetetive though, and theres only so many times you can hear the same 14 songs without getting bored. So have decided to complete San Andreas again (my last save got corrupted).

Thanks for the offer Mr. Green
cat  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy contacted me through eBay who had already bought the game and was trying to get rid of his game. So hopefully I have sorted it!
Genga  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw nice one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: