ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHWT Wii Drums compatible with RB2?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The6thHorcrux  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: GHWT Wii Drums compatible with RB2? Reply with quote

First of all, yes i checked the compatibility wiki, it wasn't on there. So could anyone tell me in the GHWT drums will work on RB2?
Headphone  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: rb2 Reply with quote

unfortunately no. gh4 drums olny work with gh4 same with rock band wii.
italianator7  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: rb2 Reply with quote

Headphone wrote:

Umm...correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we have an official answer to this question. The GH3 guitars (and presumably the GHWT ones) are going to work on RB2, so it's not a stretch to think that the drums would work, too; it's the same basic technology as the guitar. Can anybody confirm this? I couldn't find any official word, but I may be wrong.
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: rb2 Reply with quote

italianator7 wrote:
Headphone wrote:

Umm...correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we have an official answer to this question. The GH3 guitars (and presumably the GHWT ones) are going to work on RB2, so it's not a stretch to think that the drums would work, too; it's the same basic technology as the guitar. Can anybody confirm this? I couldn't find any official word, but I may be wrong.

I believe your thinking about different consoles. The Wii's compatibility is very odd. The 360 version works perfectly, I know this for a fact, but I believe the Wii version doesn't.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, italianator7 is right. The Les Pauls are confirmed to work on Rock Band 2. I would hope that the GHWT-Guitar and the Drums would work. Also, can anyone check if any of these instruments would work on RB1.
The way you spelled Metallica reminds me of the way Lynyrd Skynyrd was spelled on the cover of GH:M originally.. >_>
ohh noes! typing error, someone call the police!!
Me - "Hello, 911. I'm calling on the behalf of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Neversoft has failed to spell the name correctly on the game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. This will effect their image and possibly reduce sales for the band. I suggest suing the company."
Police - "Who the fuck do you think you are? WMG? Get off our line."
italianator7  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRYBOPandRYBOGP wrote:
Also, can anyone check if any of these instruments would work on RB1.

No, only the RB1 instruments work in RB1 (other than the mic, but any USB mic works for either game).
WidlePidle  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty sure only the Xbox 360 WT drums work with RB 2, mine did
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: rb2 Reply with quote

italianator7 wrote:
Headphone wrote:

I'm not so sure. The GH3 guitar is basically a guitar-shaped Classic Controller, with each button mapped to a CC button, so it's fairly simple to port over. The WT guitar is more complex because of the touch pad - that doesn't map well to a CC, VV probably had to write a whole new program for the guitar. Same with the drums - the velocity-sensitive pads wouldn't map to a CC either. So it's really anyone's guess; just because the GH3 guitar works doesn't necessarily mean the WT equipment will.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope the rb2 peripharals work on gh:WT because i'm getting RB2 full set and GH:WT game only. can someone at least confirm RB2 guit works on GH:WT?

Some slogans for Scorehero, courtesy of Sloganizer
Scorehero. Impossible is nothing
I'd sleep with Scorehero
Some for TheTrueSatanist:
Jesus loves TheTrueSatanist
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: rb2 Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
I'm not so sure. The GH3 guitar is basically a guitar-shaped Classic Controller, with each button mapped to a CC button, so it's fairly simple to port over. The WT guitar is more complex because of the touch pad - that doesn't map well to a CC, VV probably had to write a whole new program for the guitar. Same with the drums - the velocity-sensitive pads wouldn't map to a CC either. So it's really anyone's guess; just because the GH3 guitar works doesn't necessarily mean the WT equipment will.

Now I don't think that's true because games don't recognize it as a CC and you can't play Brawl with it. It's actually a totally separate controller that interfaces the same way a classic controller does.

As for the instrument compatibility, I believe it is as follows:
Wii Les Paul = Confirmed to work
Wii GHWT guitar = Unconfirmed but likely
Wii GHWT drums= Still a mystery
There's no word about drums yet; we'll have to wait until the game's out I guess. Also, I read the GHWT guitar was confirmed working, but that was on wikipedia and news sites say the LP works but don't mention the GHWTar, so I'm speculating that it should work since GH3 accepts the GHWTar so It must work the same way as an LP.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: rb2 Reply with quote

Romanczuk wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:

Now I don't think that's true because games don't recognize it as a CC and you can't play Brawl with it. It's actually a totally separate controller that interfaces the same way a classic controller does.

As for the instrument compatibility, I believe it is as follows:
Wii Les Paul = Confirmed to work
Wii GHWT guitar = Unconfirmed but likely
Wii GHWT drums= Still a mystery
There's no word about drums yet; we'll have to wait until the game's out I guess. Also, I read the GHWT guitar was confirmed working, but that was on wikipedia and news sites say the LP works but don't mention the GHWTar, so I'm speculating that it should work since GH3 accepts the GHWTar so It must work the same way as an LP.

I managed to bluetooth-hack my Wii LP onto my PC, and the program I used recognised it as a Classic Controller, so that's the info I'm going on.

I just got AC/DC Live on Wii, and I can confirm that the GH3 and GHWT guitars DO work, but the GHWT drums DO NOT work. I'm guessing RB2 will be the same.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: rb2 Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
I managed to bluetooth-hack my Wii LP onto my PC, and the program I used recognised it as a Classic Controller, so that's the info I'm going on.

That's what the Wii Homebrew Wiki sais too. It interfaces just like a classic controller, but there's something different about it that keeps guitars from working in games as a CC and CCs from working as guitars.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
prognostics  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: rb2 Reply with quote

Romanczuk wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:

That's what the Wii Homebrew Wiki sais too. It interfaces just like a classic controller, but there's something different about it that keeps guitars from working in games as a CC and CCs from working as guitars.

I heard the drums don't work because they're more complicated & they have a wiimote which is a problem for drums.
dmau82  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IGN says yes, Wii GHWT drums (and everything else) will work in RB2: http://wii.ign.com/articles/937/937092c.html. And they have the game in hand so looks like we can believe this.
SmellOnTour  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmau82 wrote:
IGN says yes, Wii GHWT drums (and everything else) will work in RB2: http://wii.ign.com/articles/937/937092c.html. And they have the game in hand so looks like we can believe this.

Finally! Woohoo! No more $500 AU blown off! Yay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: