ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Is it harder to play on GHWT Drums because of 5 hit windows?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeepFreeze08  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Is it harder to play on GHWT Drums because of 5 hit windows? Reply with quote

I was just wondering, is it harder to play on the GHWT drums which have 5 hit windows, as oppose to the Rock Band 2 drums which only have 4? Just curious, because if it is way easier to play on one than another, I would like to know.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played on the Rockband kit but I know that it is probably easier on the GHWT kit because the charts were originally written for it.

Some of the fills on the RB kit are literally impossible to hit. Scream, Aim & Fire has a drum fill that occurs a few times where it goes from sixteenths on the snare to the low tom and back. It's insane to try and combo it because it goes from the red pad to the green pad with no break.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRaw wrote:
I've only played on the Rockband kit but I know that it is probably easier on the GHWT kit because the charts were originally written for it.

Some of the fills on the RB kit are literally impossible to hit. Scream, Aim & Fire has a drum fill that occurs a few times where it goes from sixteenths on the snare to the low tom and back. It's insane to try and combo it because it goes from the red pad to the green pad with no break.

I think it's only easier on the WT kit if it's the hi-hat and snare part like in Everlong. Other than that it's generally easier on a RB kit, but it also may just be preference. The WT kit takes a LOT of getting used to with the blue and green pads, but now it's extremely natural for me. Also that part in Scream Aim Fire may be the only part on drums I will never be able to hit consistently. That part and 2 drum fills in Purple Haze are the hardest parts in the entire game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between the world tour kit's and rock band kit's distance between the red pad and the green pad looks to be about 3 inches or so. It isn't a big deal.

But, the only confusing parts for me are just rolls where it goes from snare to low tom, back up the rack. That extra orange slot makes me think I'm not hitting the right one.

Also, every now and again if I'm doing a funky beat that turns into riding the orange, I'll find myself hitting blue.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels like the WT drums are a "toy" to me. It's just for messing around, can't seriously try to get highscores. For RB, and the RB drums it feels like I can actually try to be competitive.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:
It feels like the WT drums are a "toy" to me. It's just for messing around, can't seriously try to get highscores. For RB, and the RB drums it feels like I can actually try to be competitive.

I...don't see how this statement can be true in any way. Could you elaborate on why they feel like a "toy" to you as opposed to the RB kit?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
Whitt333 wrote:

I...don't see how this statement can be true in any way. Could you elaborate on why they feel like a "toy" to you as opposed to the RB kit?

I felt like it was a toy too, that is, just until i used the midi usb cord to fix my dropped hits. Now I may like it better than a stock RB2 kit. But Ion is still way better
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oopogfe wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:
Whitt333 wrote:

I felt like it was a toy too, that is, just until i used the midi usb cord to fix my dropped hits. Now I may like it better than a stock RB2 kit. But Ion is still way better

For $300, it better be better.

Think they'll make a WT Ion Kit one day?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
lanceuppercut  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:

if they were clever, they'd fix the current ion compatibility to a 5-lane system but no, must use GHWT drums :/

or at the very least (and i seriously hope it doesnt go this way), have a GHWT drum brain.
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oopogfe wrote:
HoorayItsMike wrote:
Whitt333 wrote:

The feeling of the drumset compared to the RB1 drumset makes it feel less precise when hitting notes, its hard to explain. I bet my calibration probably doesn't help towards that though. Maybe when I fix it, I will feel better when using them.

EDIT: Maybe its just my mindset, now that I think about it. Rock Band has always been about the drums to me, and I compete in Rock Band drums. I feel weird when playing guitar on RB, so I only play it for fun. Maybe the same way goes like this when playing Guitar Hero, my focus is guitar, and I just like messing around with the drums.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lanceuppercut wrote:
SpellcasterX wrote:

if they were clever, they'd fix the current ion compatibility to a 5-lane system but no, must use GHWT drums :/

or at the very least (and i seriously hope it doesnt go this way), have a GHWT drum brain.

Why would they have ion's be a 5 lane system (I have ions) when there is always 4 pads, and the cymbals (which are broken and overhit quite alot) correspond to the pads directly.
lanceuppercut  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wambafat wrote:
Why would they have ion's be a 5 lane system (I have ions) when there is always 4 pads, and the cymbals (which are broken and overhit quite alot) correspond to the pads directly.

errr so you can use your cymbals on your ion kit as they'll then correspond to the ghwt cymbal notes?

fyi before the patch, even though it was broke, the game detected the ion kit as a 5 lane system so it can tell somehow that its not the rb1/2 kit thats plugged in..
wambafat  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lanceuppercut wrote:
wambafat wrote:

errr so you can use your cymbals on your ion kit as they'll then correspond to the ghwt cymbal notes?

fyi before the patch, even though it was broke, the game detected the ion kit as a 5 lane system so it can tell somehow that its not the rb1/2 kit thats plugged in..

The ion cymbals suck, if they expected me to play with them, i'd proabably bust out my RB1 kit. And yes i know the ion kit was detected as a 5 lane system. My blue cymbal was played as the blue cymbal and the yellow pad, my yellow cymbal as the yellow cymbal and green pad.
DeepFreeze08  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So RB2 drums are the way to go?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepFreeze08 wrote:
So RB2 drums are the way to go?

If you already have a very good RB2 kit then maybe, but if you don't already have a set and you are getting GHWT, I wholeheartedly recommend the WT set. Even though they take some serious getting used to, I find them to be exponentially more reliable (and fun) than any rock band kit I've ever had. Not to mention you can fix any sensitivity issues. The only problem I have with the WT kit is the feel of the pedal (although at least it won't break). Although, now that I'm getting used to the pedal, I feel that I am more consistent with fast hits on the WT one.

Basically, try the WT kit for yourself, and if you take the time to actually get used to it, I think it is awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: