ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Games hardly any know of
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster Rancher. I got into this early when I was really young. I loved it ever since. All the games have been awesome (Except MR3 ) and I still play Monster Rancher 4 right now on my PS2, even if MR4 was made in 2003.

To this date, nobody I have asked has a clue what the game is, but I bet if they'd played it, they would have a blast. Definitely either the number 1 or close to it game I've ever played.

Just out of curiousity, has anybody HERE played it?
zlinkneoXZ15  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:
Monster Rancher. I got into this early when I was really young. I loved it ever since. All the games have been awesome (Except MR3 ) and I still play Monster Rancher 4 right now on my PS2, even if MR4 was made in 2003.

To this date, nobody I have asked has a clue what the game is, but I bet if they'd played it, they would have a blast. Definitely either the number 1 or close to it game I've ever played.

I remember watching a tv show years ago called Monster Rancher, but sadly I havent played any Monster Rancher game, sorry.

As for the main topic: Blinx the Time Sweeper for xbox. to me, that was an awesome video game. liked the concept of time in it, and the last boss battle was pretty sweet. Blinx2 I liked as well, but the original was better imo.

SdS3030  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I forgot about Monster Rancher on the PS1. So many hours wasted trying different CDs to get different monsters .

Another honorable mention: Strife for PC. I believe it was one of the first "Doom-clones" to incorporate RPG elements. I don't know many people that have played it, but it was awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Evolution Worlds for the Gamecube. I find that to be a fun RPG but it's not well known at all. It's also a port of Evolution I & II from the Dreamcast. That game is extremely underrated.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
kaflagemeir  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:

Wasn't that the TV show with the character that looked like Mike Wazowski from Monster's Inc., but yellow?
BigFatBob  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody ever played Deathrow for the Xbox? That game was fucking AWESOME. One of the only sports games I enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigFatBob08
mattyboy11  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Games hardly any know of Reply with quote

stevenlarged wrote:
I would have to say Tomba! is one of my all time favorite games, and no one i know has heard of it.

ZOMG I <3 U.

I had recently remembered a demo I played when I was like 5, and it was a ton of fun, and when I read that, it brought back the good times.

Also, probably not unknown per se, but:

Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1)
Legend Of Dragoon (PS1)

YouTube Account
locken  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tombi! (as it was known in the UK) and Dungeon Keeper are the 2 games that come to mind with this topic. These 2 are probably within my top 10 games of all time.
GH3X - 66/70 FCs
Total - 170/211
TTFAF - 852K
npuesey  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac081793 wrote:
Parappa the Rappa.

Great underrated game.

The first game i had for PS1, without a doubt amazing.
kaflagemeir  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of another:
Second Sight.

You play a guy who was experimented on and you got psychic powers from it like projection and telekinesis.
The storyline gets super wierd as it blends future and past with the present, and a psychzofrenic (lol I know that's not spelled right) girl.

I love playing it all the time. Bashing bad guys up against walls while they're screaming "STOP!!" is fun.
The7thLegacy  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaflagemeir wrote:

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy would have to be a game I've never heard anyone see until we all went to Gattitown and it was there as an arcade game.
It's so fun ._.;

Congratulations, you've just become amazing. I love the Gauntlet series.

You know what's really unknown? Psychonauts and Shining Soul II. Both of
these are amazing and blow the minds of the populace, yet no one touches
them.

Edit:
directshot999 wrote:

I loved Monster Rancher 4 so much. So much wasted time, so much awesome.
I've been thinking about playing through it again, actually...
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a Monster Rancher TV show too, I watched it a little. I don't know if it stemmed off of the game or if the game stemmed off it (I think the show stemmed off the game), but either way, they were both pretty cool.

And kaflagemeir, that's it. I think that was a Suezo you're referring to.

If yall liked the TV show, try out the game! It might be old, but it's really awesome. Get MR2 or MR4, they're the best of the series, and honestly, it's fun to make a supersoldier from breeding and combining, and making monsters from disks honestly will have you in front of a PlayStation for hours on end trying out all your favorite DVDs and CDs.
Bladed  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dragon Warrior Monster gaiden series, the ORIGINAL Ninja gaiden games, Earthbound, Alundra (avatar), Monkey Hero, Eternal Quest, Canis Canem Edit, Dark Cloud, Dark Chronicle, Mark of Kri, Psychonauts, Disgaea (I am not making this up either. Most people I know have never heard of Disgaea. Why are most British people so damn ignorant of awesomeness?).

Thought of two more:

Kula World (although it's on PSN now, so...) and Kuroshi (I think that's what it was called. It was a PSX game where you had to do stuff with cubes. Pretty weird, but awesomely addictive).

fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend of the Mystical Ninja on the SNES, Jackal on the NES, Frequency on the PS2 (though not unknown around these parts), and Secret of Mana 2 on the SNES (mainly because it didn't get released stateside) are probably my favorite diamonds in the rough.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N64 - Space station silicon valley. One of my favorite games of all time and nobody knows about it .

Genesis - Comix Zone and Cool Spot FTW!

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: