ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Schism... Why am I failing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Schism... Why am I failing? Reply with quote

and don't say "hit moar notes noob!"

anyways, I've played this song twice, and failed at exactly 79% both times. if you don't know, that's the part right after the huge drum fill.

Basically, it starts with constant bass pedal and a couple pad hits, which I can combo easily, but then it starts constant pedal and simultaneous G/B pad hits (on RB drums). That is the part I fail at. It happens within seconds. I'm fairly sure it's a combination of the song speeding up (can someone confirm this? it's just a feeling I have) and me being completely, 100%, totally unable to hear the notes I have to play.

So basically, the combination means that I'm playing at what I think is the right speed, and then the game stops and says I've failed before the chart can even turn red.

wtf?

halp! please!
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into the Music Studio and play the exact same thing that is at the part where you are failing. Make sure the notes match up with what you are actually playing.

If there isn't a hardware issue, then you must be entirely offbeat with either the bass pedal or everything. Maybe try and take it into practice mode (despite it being an easy part) and see when and where you break combo and try to learn how to fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail then too. It goes way off rhythm. and it sucks because that's my favorite Tool drum song other than that
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail there too, and on the RB drums I always fail in like 3 seconds in a part of BYOB, even though I started out in the green.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trogdon wrote:
I fail then too. It goes way off rhythm. and it sucks because that's my favorite Tool drum song other than that

What? I have absolutely NO trouble with that part. Are you certain you're lag isn't messed up or something?

No, the song doesn't speed up. Can you show me the section where you're failing at? Maybe I can be of more use if you could show me.
My YouTube! Latest Videos: Crazy Train, Metropolis Part 1I, and Midnight
Injoy wrote:
I'll have a FAGS by the end of tonight I think.
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourSpades wrote:
Trogdon wrote:

What? I have absolutely NO trouble with that part. Are you certain you're lag isn't messed up or something?

No, the song doesn't speed up. Can you show me the section where you're failing at? Maybe I can be of more use if you could show me.

It's the part after the seemingly forever drum fill part. But I can pass it now no problem. I don't know what it was.
odamygod  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened to me to, but i can do it now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: Bligahphlarum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: