ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Playing under pressure
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Playing under pressure Reply with quote

So how do you guys think you play under pressure? Like when people are watching you play, and you're really trying your best...can you really play your best? Or if you were in a GH tournament, could you actually nail the solo you hit 5 times in a row while you were in your pajamas at home? Even though guys like ES, krimsun, me, quackadilly, etc. have top scores on expert...it doesn't necessarily mean we'd win under tournament conditions. How you do guys think you'd do in a pressure situation?

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda mixed. If I'm relaxed, I'm more likely to miss easy stuff, but hit hard stuff without realizing it. If I'm tense, I hit easy stuff, but screw up hard stuff.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had more competition around here so I could answer that effectively. The only pressure I battle with is the building anticipation of getting a full combo during a run. For example, CotC-Hard was my latest 100%, the only difficult part for me is the 2nd solo so I thought once I hit it, a full combo would be a breeze, oh man I was wrong.. It took me forever to nail that part of the song, so when I eventually did I was so nervous I kept making a dumb mistake afterwards.. it wasn't until the 13th time that I combo'd through the 2nd solo (after 14 hours within 2 days) that I got my 100%. And let me tell you, towards the end of that run my heart was pounding and hands shaking like never before.

It's kind of ironic that it almost became harder for me to get 100% the longer I played. The first time I screwed up after the 2nd solo I didn't feel nearly as nervous as after having played the same song for 14 hours.

So that's the only real type of pressure I've been exposed to. I'm hoping this year at Otakon (huge anime convention in Baltimore) they'll have a GH setup in their game room with a tournament this year. In fact, I might look into running a tournament there if no one else has already done so..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm in Best Buy I'll stop by the PS2 and play a few songs.. and nailed a 185k on expert Symphony of Destruction with about a dozen people watching - my previous high at home is around 130k, but only ~115k with a photo. I've never done so well on hitting the solo as I did that time, and I tried using HO/PO's for the YBY's in the BO YB RY YBY BO YB RY YBY part - that worked MUCH better than strumming them for me - don't think I missed anything there. I wanted to ask the photo booth to take a pic, but I also wanted to play it cool like I always 5* that song.. So now I'm stuck at home working on that song again... and again.. and again..

It's ALWAYS more fun to play with an audience.

..except when my idiot self tried Cheat the Church on expert (I thought I selected hard) and failed the song pretty quick..
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing in front of people is when I make my high scores.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't bother me. I forget they're there. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Genga  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i try to, but my mum starts clapping, and going "oh" when i miss one, which makes me miss more, which makes her go "oh" more, which in turn makes me miss even more
Anthony  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I play with other people is with my friends so it's not really a pressure situation since they already know that I own them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i like the attention, at least when i can show off and do good...i've shown my stuff to a few of my friends, but nothing like a tournament status. i wish i could enter, i doubt i'd even rank good, but i could prolly get by the first few rounds.

i heard of a tournament at anime expo next year...i was thinking of going since i have a bunch of friends that go each year, so maybe i'll go and enter this tourny.
discgolferpro  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only times I'm really good is when I play with myself. The other night I got a good hold of ...[CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] .

Oh boy, was that awkward! Reaching into that [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] ... the bloody thing just wouldn't quit squawking! I should've never bought that second round of shots.

Sanitized for your viewing pleasure(tm)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
silentlassassin  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that! when the game first came out, I waited a couple of days (two to be exact) until I played x-pert, and they had it set up at best buy, and I just played there for about 10 minutes ... iron man.. more than a feeling. Easy songs like that.. Then, a few weeks ago I played at some other stores and I was playing songs like bark at the moon and cowboys from hell, five staring them everytime.. adn I had a few random guys come by me and call me insane.. and then a guy told me about a tourny where the winner gets a free guitar set.. and I already have two guitars-bc rich warlock and fender strat- and I have been trying to prove that I am one of the best in my lowly town of Vermont, but I could not make it to the tourny. Had to go on Vaca the day it started, so that blows. BUt I love the pressure. I usually play worse than normal the first few times.. a god forbidden 4 star ;) but after a little bit. It just eases in. The biggest croud I got was... 11 or 12 people in best buy. 5 of them little kids just lieing down watching, a 4 were best buy employees and a few were adults. It was quite the rush. Always fun.
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

discgolferpro wrote:
The only times I'm really good is when I play with myself. The other night I got a good hold of ...[CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] .

Oh boy, was that awkward! Reaching into that [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] ... the bloody thing just wouldn't quit squawking! I should've never bought that second round of shots.

Sanitized for your viewing pleasure(tm)

dude i know exactly what you mean. Sometimes you just gotta jiggle it a little.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
heathalynne  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ oh ewe

i'm slightly used to it since i play multiplayer at least 1-3x a week. sometimes i play better, others i play poorly. it's more fun when there's a ton of people watching and playing. i only go under pressure when it's against real competition.

Genga wrote:
i try to, but my mum starts clapping, and going "oh" when i miss one, which makes me miss more, which makes her go "oh" more, which in turn makes me miss even more

LMAO!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my folks do enjoy intruding as often as possible... and then going "do you HAVE to play as that ugly skeleton?"

...Yarr.
ES942  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or, "why aren't you dancin' like him?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: