ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bullet in the coffin? or is it nail? Another PS3-fail thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Bullet in the coffin? or is it nail? Another PS3-fail thread Reply with quote

http://gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/472B2F89-CF96-409C-B846-31DB17F39E3A.htm

oh man. this is great. (to me atleast) all the ps3 has left now is MGS4.

<Fenster> eh
<Fenster> 89 is only 7 less
<Fenster> what's 7 quite bitter beings when you already have 89
* You were kicked from #toys by Echelar (MAGIC PENIS BOX-HO)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats cool, even though I've never played DMC. if xbox got MGS and the final fantasys i would be set.
Raften  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now, all the PS3 REALLY has is MGS4, the main Kingdom Heart Series, and the 2 Final Fantasy XIII.

I also read in a game informer that MGS4 was considering porting it to all consoles just to lower the cost, since its taking a huge amount of money, and it might not sell many copies. Hideo Kojima also said he was intrested in making a game for the Wii.
In that same issue, it said that sony lowered the PS3 in Japan by about $50 because Konami and Square-Enix were worried their games wouldn't sell. This was from around December/January issue, and was in the loose talk area, so it might be outdated.
Another game that was supposed to be exclusive was VF5, but thats going to XBOX360 too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X360s controller is too bulky for DMC. [IMO] The PS3 is, so far as I've played the two of them (played mostly Gears on X360, Resistance on PS3), better in every respect.[/IMO]
entropymaxer  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this actually looks like good news for the PS3, if enough companies bail on sony then they will have to drop the price. Good for me bad for sony, but who cares about them.

One day 360 owners will be saying why am I paying to play games online, why not use PS3, they have al the same games
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One game away from never buying a PS3, this is good news.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a shame there's no realistic chance of Tekken 6 being multi-platform
CaptLtrl  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, someone can't manage their money well enough to afford a PS3 so we must bash it.

Whatever guys, listen. 3rd parties are 3rd parties. Once the 1st party games start rolling out, people who aren't just poor will start buying ps3 and all this nonsense about jumping multiplatform to cover losses will no longer be an issue.

PS3 is a great system. It's expensive for a reason. If you can't afford it, I feel sorry for you, but you are directing your hostility in the wrong direction. It's just a shitty situation for sony until they get more consoles in peoples homes.

So many great franchises have come out of Sony. This hate on the PS3 is ridiculous.
QuistixXx  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel sorry for us UK and Euro people, we really got screwed over with the ps3.

We're last to get it (as usual)
We pay the most for it (as usual)
We don't get full backwards compatability (which is unforgivable IMO, especially since we've waited so long for it)

Really, I'm pretty pissed off with sony. We always get a crap deal. So I'm glad, as a 360 owner, we're getting DMC4. All we need now is MGS4 and FFXIII and I'll never buy a ps3. EVER!

The 360 gets so much bad press, but I've been very pleased with mine. I don't see why it gets so much flak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptLtrl wrote:
Awww, someone can't manage their money well enough to afford a PS3 so we must bash it.

I've read many complaints about the PS3 and very few had the price as the main point.
Most of them also appeared to be written by a far more mature person than your post did.

Quote:

We don't get full backwards compatability (which is unforgivable IMO, especially since we've waited so long for it)

Oh this is just in, NA PS3s in April will have the same backwards compatibility as Euro PS3s. Watching Sony right is now is like watching a relative go senile.

Last edited by Loncaros on Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptLtrl wrote:

whats with the personal attacks? personally, i don't think "money management" has anything to do with wanting to drop 600 on a console just for 2 games (1 now.)

<Fenster> eh
<Fenster> 89 is only 7 less
<Fenster> what's 7 quite bitter beings when you already have 89
* You were kicked from #toys by Echelar (MAGIC PENIS BOX-HO)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay now all we need is FFXIII...

But DMC4 is awesome enough, it was pretty much the only reason I was gonna get a PS3. Now I can wait 3 or 4 years until a lot of exclusives come out that are worth purchasing, sans FFXIII since that will be out in like 2 years.
CaptLtrl  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is everyone is turning on sony now cause they are the big dog. They have a lot to offer, but it's taking a while because of it's price to amount of games ratio. Once some more games come out, exclusive ones, peoples stories will change.

I'm just tired of seeing people so eager to jump on the sony hate wagon. They are trying to bring us new experiences just like everyone else is. We only benefit from having more competition. Plus, it's a good system. Probably my favorite at the moment.

Just representing the other side. I may be immature, but my points are still valid.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the PS3 is there's a shitload of technology nobody needs in it, thus the ridiculous price no one wants to pay.

It took developers years to finally get as much as they could out of the PS2, and the PS3 is lightyears ahead of it, so what, you want us to wait 5 years before really quality games start coming out on it? No thanks, I'll stick with my Wii(when I get one) and my 360(when I get one) because I don't need to spend 600 dollars for one game.

Edit
CaptLtrl wrote:
The problem is everyone is turning on sony now cause they are the big dog.

What does that even mean? Sony is easily at the bottom of the market at present, and I don't see it changing any time soon with this backwards compatibility foul-up (which, it seems, everything Sony does is a foul-up ever since PS3 was even announced...)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
The problem with the PS3 is there's a shitload of technology nobody needs in it, thus the ridiculous price no one wants to pay.

It took developers years to finally get as much as they could out of the PS2, and the PS3 is lightyears ahead of it, so what, you want us to wait 5 years before really quality games start coming out on it? No thanks, I'll stick with my Wii(when I get one) and my 360(when I get one) because I don't need to spend 600 dollars for one game.

Edit
CaptLtrl wrote:
The problem is everyone is turning on sony now cause they are the big dog.

What does that even mean? Sony is easily at the bottom of the market at present, and I don't see it changing any time soon with this backwards compatibility foul-up (which, it seems, everything Sony does is a foul-up ever since PS3 was even announced...)

You can't look at me with a straight face and tell me sony did not dominate the console market last generation.

Like I'm saying, I have one, it's great. Your hate is misdirected and unfounded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: