ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So I broke my GH:WT drum pedal..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fermentor  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: So I broke my GH:WT drum pedal.. Reply with quote

Is there ANY possible way of getting my Rock Band 1 pedal to work for the WT set?
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you manage that? It's nearly indestructible.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Briane  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can rig up a piezo somewhere on the RB pedal, it would work. Just need something to hit the piezo. Maybe mount a little "beater" on the underside of the pedal that hits a piezo mounted on top of the sensor cage or something. You don't want to crush the sensor but just hit it, so I don't think the existing stoppers on the RB pedal would be smart.

Probably a $5-$10 fix depending on what sort of stuff you have around the house.

RB pedal will inevitably break though too
Fermentor  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:

I was playing I.V. by X Japan on RB2 and while hitting the quick double bass notes about half way through the pedal stopped registering. I checked it, and apparently I smashed the little knob type thing into the button that registers the notes hard enough to dent in the button completely.
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fermentor wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

I was playing I.V. by X Japan on RB2 and while hitting the quick double bass notes about half way through the pedal stopped registering. I checked it, and apparently I smashed the little knob type thing into the button that registers the notes hard enough to dent in the button completely.

You hopefully didn't break the piezo sensor when you broke through it, so it shouldn't be hard to fix. This probably belongs in the Hardware section of the forums though.

Try opening up the pad were the sensor is located and find out what you broke.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:
Fermentor wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

You hopefully didn't break the piezo sensor when you broke through it, so it shouldn't be hard to fix. This probably belongs in the Hardware section of the forums though.

Try opening up the pad were the sensor is located and find out what you broke.

lol. It's not a Piezo sensor. it has a toggle switch that reacts to magnets. In the end, however, the RB sensors are both cheaper and more effective than piezo sensors.

BTW, when my RB pedal broke, I bought a big piece of steal and re-enforced my pedal (beware; the pedals on amazon and other sites just holds it together; it DOESN'T re-enforce it.) you could probably do the same thing for your WT pedal.
electronvtec  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:

I've already gone through one pedal and my second pedal is showing signs of imminent failure as well. These things are chincy as hell, not indestructible by any stretch...
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oneeyedlittleman wrote:

lol. It's not a Piezo sensor. it has a toggle switch that reacts to magnets. In the end, however, the RB sensors are both cheaper and more effective than piezo sensors.

GHWT pedal is a piezo sensor. Hence the velocity sensitivity. Also, the round shape...

I don't think you can judge velocity with a set of magnets.

As for which is more effective, definitely the piezo. No need to lift the pedal up a certain distance to reset the magnet for the next hit when there's double bass.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
oneeyedlittleman  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
oneeyedlittleman wrote:

GHWT pedal is a piezo sensor. Hence the velocity sensitivity. Also, the round shape...

I don't think you can judge velocity with a set of magnets.

As for which is more effective, definitely the piezo. No need to lift the pedal up a certain distance to reset the magnet for the next hit when there's double bass.

I was talking about the RB pedal and why it isn't compatible. and i don't think toggle switches have a reputation of shattering.
DocMenac  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exact same thing happened to me. The little plastic pad underneath the striker on the pedal smashed in in the middle of a song, rendering the pedal unusable. Just contact RedOctane support and RMA your pedal. That's what I did. I used the express RMA option and I had my replacement pedal at my doorstep 4 days after I filed my original problem with tech support. Didn't cost me a penny either.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oneeyedlittleman wrote:

I was talking about the RB pedal and why it isn't compatible. and i don't think toggle switches have a reputation of shattering.

Why were you talking about the RB pedal when no one was mentioning it, and the title says "I broke my GHWT pedal"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: