ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:WT Drums and MIDI-USB Cable dont work?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matnus  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: GH:WT Drums and MIDI-USB Cable dont work?! Reply with quote

hi i got my usb-midi-cable today and it doesnt work.
i have made all these things that stands in this guide http://redoctane.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/redoctane.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=21748&p_created=1225236414&p_sid=r-YqIIhj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD01MjgsNTI4JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1
when i start the tuning software, i can choose Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth and when i click 'test' i hear a sound on my headset, but the led is still green and i can switch from 0-20 sensitivy nothing happened.
can everyone help me?
sry for my english im german
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same exact thing is happening to me. Can this question please be answered??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel posted a solution to this problem either in hardware or miscellaneous GH discussion. If you search for it for awhile then you might be able to find it. Basically your computer has too many external things going on and so the option that is supposed to show up at the bottom isn't showing up because it can't recognize another one. Or something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant find it..
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went digging for ya. That post should have everything you need. I believe the second giant quote is Squirrel's post from another thread.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it works thanks hooray!!

The solution of the problem.

It is again (i.e as many people) due to Logitech drivers and particularely the one that is automatically installed with usb audio devices like the Pocket POD. Its name is LVUSBSTA.SYS.

The problem will be solved if you follow this procedure:

1 - Go in the register of windows using "regedit"

2 - Then go into the following key:
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE /SYSTEM /CurrentControlset /Control /Class /
{6BDD1FC6-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

3 - Click on this key and delete the "LowerFilters" item.

4 - Then go to the folllowing key;
{6BDD1FC5-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

5 - Click on this key and delete the "UpperFilters" item.

6 - Move back to the root of HKEY LOCAL /MACHINE /SYSTEM /CurrentControlset /Control /Class /

7 - Launch a search (i.e Ctrl F with the option to search in "Data") and type "LVUSBSTA". For any place found (only in the "Control / Class" area), just delete the "LowerFilters" item (it is the item that contain the value LVUSBSTA found).

Then when you plug your Pocket POD the MIDI ports will be now created in Windows. And when launching VYZEX the MIDI ports will be either automatically detected (or you select it manually). Everything will be working.
Orson  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matnus wrote:
yeah it works thanks hooray!!

The solution of the problem.

It is again (i.e as many people) due to Logitech drivers and particularely the one that is automatically installed with usb audio devices like the Pocket POD. Its name is LVUSBSTA.SYS.

The problem will be solved if you follow this procedure:

1 - Go in the register of windows using "regedit"

2 - Then go into the following key:
{6BDD1FC6-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

3 - Click on this key and delete the "LowerFilters" item.

4 - Then go to the folllowing key;
{6BDD1FC5-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

5 - Click on this key and delete the "UpperFilters" item.

6 - Move back to the root of HKEY LOCAL /MACHINE /SYSTEM /CurrentControlset /Control /Class /

7 - Launch a search (i.e Ctrl F with the option to search in "Data") and type "LVUSBSTA". For any place found (only in the "Control / Class" area), just delete the "LowerFilters" item (it is the item that contain the value LVUSBSTA found).

Then when you plug your Pocket POD the MIDI ports will be now created in Windows. And when launching VYZEX the MIDI ports will be either automatically detected (or you select it manually). Everything will be working.

FANTASTIC!!!

Immediatly after I deleted those files, I was able to tune my Drum Set!!! Thanks so much to the inventor of this!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: