ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I've got no challenges...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kain42  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: I've got no challenges... Reply with quote

so i've taken a small look around, and compared to the top 30 or so i'm nothing. but around my town (windsor located 45mins north of San Fransico, California) i'm one of the best that i've found.

the only song i can't beat is cowboys from hell on expert.

anyone have any tips?

i need to be waaay better then i am now.

i don't know what it is but i just can't do the main part for CfH...but i can do great on other songs, mostly 4 and 5 stars on my expert ranking, a few 3er's =P

anyways just joined so here i am. rock me like a hurricane.

Last edited by Kain42 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: I've got no challenges... Reply with quote

First off, I make a motion that this maybe be moved to a different forum. This doesn't really stir up any rivalries. (I'm not saying that you did it on purpose, it just doesn't belong here.)

Secondly, welcome to ScoreHero. Only about a quarter of us who post on the forums can hit the part from CfH, so don't feel too bad about it. And from the sounds of your rankings, it shouldn't be much longer till you at least pass the song.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah after posting it i noticed it prolly doesn't belong here, so i'm just gonna leave it and go find the general forum. =P
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the community.

No worries, I'll move the topic to Misc Game Discussion for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that too. Except.. I am the best in my lowly state of Vermont, or from the people I have talked to.. Unless someone is hiding, I am the best in my place. But. For beating cowboys on Hell on Expert... I probably played.. 10 hours straight, 3 days ago too, until I beat it. and I mean.. I constantly played.. My advice is.. get 190,000 before solo, and you are golden. The only problem is when you start getting 255,445 and you are beating yourself up for missing one note in the chorus... But I ended with.. 260,000 something and when I saw that five star pop up, I was.. very... very.. happy to put it mildly.

Do it over and over again. Master the chours.. Get the hammer on's and pull offs. It is an extremely easy song for me now. I am having trouble with texas flood by SRV ... I am getting 140,000 .. but I just can't get that last 10,000... Good luck.
Kain42  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't attempted CfH in along time, i'm just too scared i guess to just get to 14% and fail.

i can't HO or PO, i've trained myself into just strumming like mad, and it really sucks because this is one of the songs that is pretty easy if you can HO or PO with ease.

i've tried to break myself of the habit, but i can't seem to do it just yet...haha.

yeah i wish i could say the same, but CA is huge and prolly has a vast majority that plays this game. i just am lucky to live in a small town with only a few other players. Mr. Green
Maelstrom  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I do to hit that part on CFH is use index, middle, index for the initial g r g pattern then shift my hand up one fret and index, middle, index, middle, index, ring, index, middle, index, middle, ring, pinkie (if that makes any sense) I also just alternate picking up and down (up down up down up down, it's easier for me that way and more close to how you really play the song)

Basically you have:

G R G (Hand shift) R Y R Y R B R Y R Y B O

.I M I (Hand shift) I M I .M I R I .M I M R P

I just assumed by main part you meant the main riff at the beginning that reoccurs throughout the song, anyway, that's how I do it :P and the dots are just to make the text line up better.
Kain42  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did mean the main rift.

that's how i try it, but i always miss the notes, i don't think i strum fast enough when i play the song..or i'm off a beat when i do strum.

i really should play it again, it's been weeks since my last attempt...

but how you play it makes sense to me. when playing hard and expert i keep my index finger on the red, i switch it to green when it needs to be, i find it easiest to play this way.

index - red
middle - yellow
ring - blue
pinkie orange

that's how i line my fingers up at least...

i think tomorrow i will attempt to play it once more.

thank you for your feedbakc. Mr. Green
Maelstrom  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, you'll get it I still mess it up sometimes, just depends on how lazy I am when I'm playing, lol.
Kain42  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, i hate it when my fingers get lazy and stop listening to me.

but after a few mins break they get back in line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: