ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Travis Barker, Rascal Flatts and Oasis for GHWT DLC in Jan.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mallrat  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
This is some weak stuff. Normally people complain about lack of metal and what not in RB, but this is actually a valid complaint now for WT. By the end of January, that would be three months of no new metal and Death Magnetic was technically released in September, so that's actually 4 months. And it's been the only challenging DLC released. I might snag one or two songs, but that's just for kicks. I doubt I'd even play them much. Hell, I'd take a lame Dragonforce song right now and some of you know how much I dislike DF XD

I really want to play World Tour more, I actually like the game, but the lack of some solid DLC releases is just a real downer. It's good that they are releasing stuff weekly, but when it's this?

Plus isn't it ironic that Nickelback has a song in the game, when he publicly said that music rhythm games are keeping kids from going out and making rock bands? XD

Y'know, ever think that maybe, just MAYBE they are avoiding heavy metal stuff for a while because they, oh I dunno, have a game of about 40 odd Heavy Metal songs coming within a few months?
darkviperd00d  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't tell me that you would prefer having Nickelback/Oasis DLC to, say, Queensryche/Judas Priest DLC can you?
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mallrat wrote:
Y'know, ever think that maybe, just MAYBE they are avoiding heavy metal stuff for a while because they, oh I dunno, have a game of about 40 odd Heavy Metal songs coming within a few months?

Yeah for a completely separate game that is not apart of World Tour. Yes I know Metallica is coming in a couple months (If they stick with the schedule) and I'll eat that up like no tomorrow, but should that mean people who own World Tour should never get a metal song again and be stuck with just everything else that is released? Plus there's plenty of other metal bands that people want that aren't even going to be considered for Metallica, since they chose the bands for it, which could be for World Tour.

I'm not asking to see a full month of metal, though that would be seriously kick ass, but maybe they could toss in one three pack in there or a mixed collection? I'm sure some people would appreciate a small pack sometime soon, cause not everyone can afford the full priced game.

Last edited by MSH-Hitman on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teh48Finn  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOLFMOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait
I thought Post-Grunge was a way to describe all the shitty bands that came out after Nirvana?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: CA Finn
J.T.  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see nothing I'd be remotely interested in there.

Seriously, the FF pack on RB this week beats all of that combined.

SP, Nirvana and Eagles are worthy DLC... Nickleback, not as much

http://dlchero.erraticinc.com/xbox/talbainj

Top 50s (X Guitar)
Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You (11)
I'm Shipping Up To Boston (15)
Thrash Unreal (20)
Hey (38)
Do You Want To (42)
Entangled (44)
Complete Control (48)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFKkVYJqRdY The beauty of song
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to hand it to Neversoft- it takes balls to release DLC from a band that is hated by 90% of the world.

Edit:

Checked out Ticks - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4KvHB4zpNX4

sounds like an awesome song- I'll definitely pick it up

also Silverchair is win obv

Last edited by toymachine on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
mac081793  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This list is complete fail.
I was expecting much but alas, my hopes are gone. =/

Nazo64  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm. Disappointing.
EffectZ  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes more blink and TB can't wait!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow epic fail!!!!!!!!! THERE ARE SOME BANDS THAT DO NOT APPEAL TO ME!!

Seriously guys, I can't stand the amount of complaining when new DLC is announced. First of all, they just announced a month's worth of DLC over a week before that month starts, which is really nice. Second, there are undeniably a ton of great artists here. As much as people on Scorehero love to hate Nickelback, they are always on the iTunes top songs because PEOPLE LIKE THEM. Similarly, PEOPLE LIKE GUITAR HERO. Therefore, these PEOPLE will be happy that they can play songs by a band that they (gasp) like. If any of you saw the RB DLC download statistics, you would've noticed it looked incredibly similar to a list of the songs in popularity order on iTunes. The fact of the matter is, GH and RB are very popular games, perhaps the most mainstream games ever. Activision is going to cash in big time with a band like Nickelback, even though the 1% of GH players on Scorehero are going to bawwwwwwwww. Same goes for Low of course.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to be disappointed that there are bands in here that you don't like, but it really annoys me to see things like "RB got band x and I love band x but GH gets band y and band y sucks!" RB has had plenty of bawww-worthy DLC as well (see: Nickelodeon songs) but they've had a steady stream of DLC for over a year whereas GH:WT is just starting up.

Another thing about these packs is that there's a ton of diversity. I'm a little surprised that somebody would hate every single song in that list, with so many genres and artists represented. If you're just seeing Nickelback or Low (which by the way is an incredible drum remix) and ignoring everything else because of that, you're missing a lot of great bands.

Also, considering there's already 44 songs out for DLC (on SH at least) for WT and only 67 for GH3, it's really amazing how fast people can take things for granted and start getting upset because there's one or two bands they dislike. Neversoft/Activision aren't aiming to please one specific person, they're looking mostly at what's popular. Anyway, I guess it's just frustrating to see how people can get so angry over something that's totally optional and so much more abundant than it has been in the past.

darkviperd00d wrote:
you can't tell me that you would prefer having Nickelback/Oasis DLC to, say, Queensryche/Judas Priest DLC can you?
I can't personally, but I can guarantee that at least 30% of the people that play GH could.
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this series (I'm sure the majority of you own GH3 as well) has plenty of Absurd Ultimate Guitar Challenge songs now with the Dragonforce pack, TTFAF, DWDTG, and whatever else is just under that level. The vast majority of songs aren't going to be challenging to SH, because the vast majority of songs aren't this nonstop shredding nonsense. As I recall a small tiny handful of incredibly talented players can say that they're "done" with the aforementioned songs, so the rest of you might as well just go back to them and stop complaining that yet another A.U.G.C. isn't out yet.

Also as a drummer I can tell you that a lot of metal is actually really boring or annoying to play. A lot of it is just spamming the bass pedal until your foot falls off. In this game, I find songs like Love Spreads, Assassin, Obstacle 1, Rooftops, Misery Business, and Demolition Man (and of course the Tool songs) fun and interesting because of the fills and flourishes going on, but since on this side 99% of the people play guitar they are like "yawn I am so bored by this lack of challenge and my mad skillz are just too much complain rage whine".

If you want challenge start the drums. You'll feel like a noob all over again!

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
darkviperd00d  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hydrapower wrote:
I think this series (I'm sure the majority of you own GH3 as well) has plenty of Absurd Ultimate Guitar Challenge songs now with the Dragonforce pack, TTFAF, DWDTG, and whatever else is just under that level. The vast majority of songs aren't going to be challenging to SH, because the vast majority of songs aren't this nonstop shredding nonsense. As I recall a small tiny handful of incredibly talented players can say that they're "done" with the aforementioned songs, so the rest of you might as well just go back to them and stop complaining that yet another A.U.G.C. isn't out yet.

Also as a drummer I can tell you that a lot of metal is actually really boring or annoying to play. A lot of it is just spamming the bass pedal until your foot falls off. In this game, I find songs like Love Spreads, Assassin, Obstacle 1, Rooftops, Misery Business, and Demolition Man (and of course the Tool songs) fun and interesting because of the fills and flourishes going on, but since on this side 99% of the people play guitar they are like "yawn I am so bored by this lack of challenge and my mad skillz are just too much complain rage whine".

If you want challenge start the drums. You'll feel like a noob all over again!

I agree, since I much prefer fun charts to challenging charts, but none of these songs seem fun to the smallest extent. Oasis songs are usually boring as hell, and Nickelback is just flat out annoying. Dimension, as I said, will be interesting as will Silverchair who I overlooked. The country songs could be interesting since the ones on Rock Band weren't bad, but then again it is country music. And also for you people saying "stop complaining", people have the right to react to DLC announcements any ways they chose. If I want to say that I think this DLC is garbage, then so be it as it's my opinion.

Last edited by darkviperd00d on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:54 am; edited 3 times in total
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see here...

First Week - Meh
Second Week - More Brad Paisley? Yes Puhleeeeeease. And Hillbilly Deluxe also looks pretty fun on RB.
Third Week - So, you properly represent Hendrix, and you properly represent Travis Barker. Now tell me why the hell you guys never did this for GHIII when you had Tom Morello. I demand a reasonable explanation. Also, woo, drummers.
Fourth Week - I Love Wolfmother, I liked what I've heard of the Vines and I've heard good things about Silverchair. Looks like a Must Buy.
Fifth Week - Oasiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. This is indeed a must buy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

December 23rd: Terrible.
January 8th: A Rock Band repeat which makes me not buy any of them.
January 15th: EPIC. Well besides Low. But +44 is such win, especially Lycanthrope.
January 22nd: Very nice. Didn't see it coming and three great bands/songs. I might pick this up.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see the Australian pack at first glance. I retract my last statement, that looks like a must buy to me

And maybe I'll check out +44 too.... (Edit regarding: WIN, WIN, WIN! )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: