ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Travis Barker, Rascal Flatts and Oasis for GHWT DLC in Jan.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCgoalie17  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Neversoft took half a step forward with these songs and packs
the only reason i say half a step is because of the country songs. We all know this is GUITAR Hero not BANJO Hero (but that would be lol) or ACCOUSTIC GUITAR Hero, even though the accoustic is not that bad, but my point is Country on a Rock/Metal game dosent fit in with everything else so when i shoose what to get from these oacks its certainly not this

The songs I probably am getting are from Nickelback, and whats the problem with Nickelback I mean i understand if your Canadian but come on these guys are great, Wolfmother for sure, Hinder, maybe i first gotta here the song, Rev Theory for sure, obviously no country, maybe Low but only to see how much of a dousch bag it is, and maybe some Oasis and thats it. I will be feeling this if the songs are actually good or if theyre bad
jrgonzalez83  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only read the first couple pages of comments but it seems like most of you need to get a grip and chill out. Not every DLC is going to be OMGTRYANDFCTHISLOL!1! This is a full band game intended for a wider audience than score hero.

By the way, excellent choice with Ticks, regardless of what anybody else says. The Nervous Breakdown by Brad Paisley next, plox!!
deathbat911  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only one i'm looking forward to is whats my age again.
i wish they would add some more metal and hard rock for DLC though.
thumbs  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like Neversoft is stumbling into the new year and their 3rd month of weekly DLC. I think they were more at home to releasing DLC every few months, but hopefully they'll get the hang of it and pick up the quality with the quanity. Though the lack of difficult and hard rock/metal songs is being solved with the upcoming Guitar Hero: Metallica. Harmonix already has the head start and are puting the pressure on the house that Tony Hawk built making it a week-to-week challange of dominance in the music game industry. Harmonix has the DLC in a firm grip, but Neversoft has the capabilities to release decent weekly DLC and sequel/add-ons. Neversoft just forgot to stretch their hamstrings before they entered the DLC race, which Harmonix is miles ahead in, but there is still time to catch up.
bluearmageddon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: SO MANY Reply with quote

SO MANY OASIS SONGS

I need a crapload of wii points to get me through all this lol
Kurtruns  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, as if we didn't have enough oasis from the three pack AND the song that was already in the game???? Of course, hell would freeze over before a track pack with bands like Children of Bodom, Avenged Sevenfold, and The Human Abstract came out... I understand that Neversoft has to accomidate the WHOLE gh community, (which the majority of can't even pass RaBl,) but there ARE good songs out there that aren't on a DragonForce scale of difficulty. Like maybe a Rise Against track pack would be good??? Serously though... the only DLC that I have downloaded for GHWT is the FREE NEVERSOFT TRACK PACK with Anything and Electro Rock... I almost had a stroke from the frustration of trying to FC Electro rock, but I know that is more fun than playing Nickleback...
darkviperd00d  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCgoalie17 wrote:
I believe Neversoft took half a step forward with these songs and packs
the only reason i say half a step is because of the country songs. We all know this is GUITAR Hero not BANJO Hero (but that would be lol) or ACCOUSTIC GUITAR Hero, even though the accoustic is not that bad, but my point is Country on a Rock/Metal game dosent fit in with everything else so when i shoose what to get from these oacks its certainly not this

The songs I probably am getting are from Nickelback, and whats the problem with Nickelback I mean i understand if your Canadian but come on these guys are great, Wolfmother for sure, Hinder, maybe i first gotta here the song, Rev Theory for sure, obviously no country, maybe Low but only to see how much of a dousch bag it is, and maybe some Oasis and thats it. I will be feeling this if the songs are actually good or if theyre bad

Judging by your post i'm guessing that you're about 12. One day you will realize that Nickelback is awful and an abomination to music everywhere. I remember when I was 12 I liked Nickelback, but then I started to listen to real music. Also you say Neversoft "took a step forward" with the DLC because of putting country music in the game, but then you complain about country music being in the game....what?
diddin  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who loved Paisley in Rock Band, Ticks will be another fun song with a lot of variety. Ticks looks like it will have some harder stuff though.

I've also had the honor of seeing Brad Paisley live, he really is a great guitarist.
S1ckH4nds  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone from Neversoft / Activision / whomever please kindly explain the following bits:

Quote:
After making a successful splash into Guitar Hero World Tour downloadable content with three singles off their critically acclaimed Dig Out Your Soul album, gamers will have the opportunity to shred, drum and wail away to the full album from beloved, multi-platinum UK rock band, Oasis, in its entirety on January 29th. Joining "Bag it Up," "Waiting for the Rapture" and "The Shock of the Lightning" are "The Turning," "I'm Outta Time," "(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady," "Falling Down," "To Be Where There's Life," "Ain't Got Nothin," "The Nature of Reality" and "Soldier On."

The Oasis Album will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 1520 Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system for $18.99. The Track Packs will be released for Xbox 360 for 440 Microsoft Points and PLAYSTATION 3 system for $5.49. The songs on the Oasis Album and in each Track Pack will be released as downloadable singles for Xbox 360 for 160 Microsoft Points, PLAYSTATION 3 system for $1.99 and WiiTM for 200 Wii Points.

The way I'm reading that, it sounds as if the Oasis album pack will consist of eight songs (and that's backed up by the post on the official GH forums here), at a price of 1520 MSP / $18.99. That can't possibly be right, can it? You're charging 190 MSP / $2.37 per song? Or will it be that the album pack includes the three previously released singles as well, which drops the per-song cost to ~138 MSP / $1.72 per track for all eleven songs, but thereby screws over everyone who bought the track pack when it was first released by forcing them to buy eight songs at the full 160 MSP / $1.99 per track price point?

Some sort of clarification on this bit would be just awesome, because as it stands, it makes no friggin' sense whatsoever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S1ckH4nds
tf93  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Country DLC! I like all the country songs in the pack and some of the rock stuff, i really wish i had a mic so i could sing hillbilly deluxe, that what be really fun.
Yewb wrote:
Are you sure you actually played better, or did you just think you played better because... you know... you were ON COCAINE?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 103244300504
TimoThong  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF RAP?

You've got to be kidding Neversoft. That song may be good on drums but it cant be played on guitar.

MOAR METAL PLEASE ?
fm20000  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prettyy lame DLC IMO. Only good songs i will be downloading are dimension and what's my age again.
AnimalMother870  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck country
LeCoy  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathbat911 wrote:
the only one i'm looking forward to is whats my age again.
i wish they would add some more metal and hard rock for DLC though.
What is this then? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj_t1Fv9l-U

Seriously Nickelback really isn't that bad... just their radio singles. The rest of the songs on the albums are badass.

Xbox Live Gamertag: KingofFunk412
squeezable  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Hell Yeah will be one of the Rev Theory songs?
Exciting DLC!

My Yootoob
http://www.youtube.com/XPS3bballfreakX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: baseballkid1226
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: