Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Free Jamstykk contest #2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclewilly  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Free Jamstykk contest #2 Reply with quote

Well it seems we are hungry for another Jamstykk...this time a Midnight Black one for first place a free industrial Gaming Magnet and T Shirt for the runner up. The Contest starts now! In each video to be accepted here are the requirements for a good entry. The video must show You playing and the screen I want to see the scores for sure. To keep it real the video still gets uploaded to YouTube, the title is Jamstykk Contest #2, the description is the song name, the final score, the word Jamstykk (so I can find it), and your Name. Tags are to say Jamstykk Contest Number two Good Luck all I will be watching you.......

OK, I will now address the moderators question from my inbox (thanks)!
Hey unclewilly,
I just wanted to check in with you about the details of the contests that you are holding in the forum. I see you updated it with contest #2. Was there a winner for the first contest and have you given any prizes yet? I understand that you are looking for good players to jam on the Jamstykk and then use that footage of them for your promotions?

Please update the first post with full details of exactly what you are looking for, what it will be used for, deadlines, and eventually who the winners are and links to the final product. If you have an idea about how it will look when it is edited, you should also give people an idea about that.
I like the idea of your product and the design and you are so far following the rules. I just wanted to have those kind of details out there to keep everyone happy.

-BriGuy

The Deadline is 1/9/2009 at Midnight, at that point 3 finalists will be chosen for the prizes, only two people will win. The finalists will then upload a different video meeting the same criteria for final judging on Friday, 1/16/2009 at Midnight.

This contest entry is a video of you on your pre-existing guitar controller playing your favorite or best song. This means: This video will be of YOU and Your TV with your LP, WT, SG, or any other guitar controller. You do not get a Jamstykk to make the video unless you win this contest.

The Winners will be posted as in the Jamstykk contest winners announced thread after the contest is over.

Most of you are familiar with Freddie Wong's YYZ on Expert video, this would be a definite winner, but if you want you can just film the screen and you playing. If you are not familiar with it, get familiar. We are looking for the next internet STAR! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua3hZXfNZOE

The final Score must be visible in the video.

You must be recognizable in the video.

There were two Jamstykk winners in the last contest, xtreme carbon and one other banned guy (He stole his video)

Their Jamstykk has been shipped.

Good luck all, don't let Freddie's video be the only GREAT one on the net.

If you don't understand the rules, please ask on this post, someone will answer you. Late entries will NOT be accepted.

Last edited by unclewilly on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:04 am; edited 2 times in total
BigJayDogg3  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'd get a much bigger/better response in Misc. GH discussion.

Also, can we has some So What? I'd love to see how NS would try to censor it. "I've this, I've that, I've even a school girl's."

If either of the above happens, I will eat the contents of a tea bag and post it on YouTube, quote me. >_>
Friedmannn  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be doing this! Except I have a question.

I want the Jamstykk so that I can play Rock Band on Wii, because at the moment I don't have a Wii Guitar the works with Rock Band (I have a Wii Les Paul...), so is it alright if my video is of me playing 360? And is the winner decided on who plays the best, or what?

Also how many videos can we submit? Just one?

xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now why didn't you just give the pink one out in the 2nd competition?

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
unclewilly  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOl, cause I knew that it turned you on being Pank and all

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friedmannn wrote:
I'll be doing this! Except I have a question.

I want the Jamstykk so that I can play Rock Band on Wii, because at the moment I don't have a Wii Guitar the works with Rock Band (I have a Wii Les Paul...), so is it alright if my video is of me playing 360? And is the winner decided on who plays the best, or what?

Also how many videos can we submit? Just one?

360 is Fine, but, I'm only pretty sure that it will work for Wii Rock Band...I need to talk to our manufacturer. One entry per person this time....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigJayDogg3 wrote:
I think you'd get a much bigger/better response in Misc. GH discussion.

But it's hardware...and seems that you found it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another question, in the picture it shows an adapter that I assume you plug into the PS2 slot and PS3 / Wii USB slots. Would a PC recognize it? Because then I could use it with Frets on Fire too.

Gio  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all up for this but I don't have a webcam to show my hands all i have is a capture card. Can i still enter with a capture card video or do you really need to have hands in the video ? I really want to try one of these out.
Friedmannn  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any form of capture card videos should be accepted because of last time...

ND1310  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayb if he does something distinct that can make sure its really him like if he strums 3 times b4 the song or something so u kno its him, or like he could press the buttons in a certain pattern or something
unclewilly  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gio wrote:
I'm all up for this but I don't have a webcam to show my hands all i have is a capture card. Can i still enter with a capture card video or do you really need to have hands in the video ? I really want to try one of these out.

Thanks ND1310 for a great idea...before the song starts please press orange 5 X, then Yellow 5X and red once and I'll know that you did this for me special....., then you can use the capture card...good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQOhF4-zCZE&fmt=18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLZnwiIskS4 another entry is on!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclewilly wrote:
Gio wrote:

Thanks ND1310 for a great idea...before the song starts please press orange 5 X, then Yellow 5X and red once and I'll know that you did this for me special....., then you can use the capture card...good luck!

not a bad idea, you might want to put that in your entry requirements

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: