ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Star power activation problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DivineMaddness  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Star power activation problem Reply with quote

So, I have some trouble getting the drums to register the double cymbal hit to activate SP. The strange part is that I don't have any sensitivity issues with either cymbal as they pick up hits quite well. My problem is just when hitting both cymbals to activate SP, especially in faster songs.
Beat Lou on Expert [ ]
5* Hard [ ] RB
TTAFTF Xpert [X]
snowyporpoise wrote:
Haha one day well run out of songs. And then welll be playing "Never Gonna Give you Up" by Rick Astley in Guitar Hero 71.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're activating on , , or any combo of yellow+red,blue,green or any combo of orange+red, blue, green

you should hit the non-charted color slightly earlier than the other for SP.

ex. activating on you should hit orange slightly before yellow.

but you cannot activate on

as for faster songs, i find it's a lot easier to wait until a lonely or (as they're most common) to activate on, so you don't worry about the bass or snare. If you activate it on these, you're still hitting the note so it doesn't cause the SP glitch for 99% FC.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
DivineMaddness  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll have to try that and see if it works. Thanks for the tips.
Beat Lou on Expert [ ]
5* Hard [ ] RB
TTAFTF Xpert [X]
snowyporpoise wrote:
Haha one day well run out of songs. And then welll be playing "Never Gonna Give you Up" by Rick Astley in Guitar Hero 71.
Velox  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im having a problem with my RB drum set when trying to activate SP.

I usually use it on a lone yellow or orange (blue on my set) to activate and it works well on most occasions, but sometimes it will fail to activate and just cause me to lose my streak. I dont get it, is there some kind of special place that is best to activate, or is there some rule to where you cant activate it right after your star has ended?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I El Martillo
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velox wrote:
im having a problem with my RB drum set when trying to activate SP.

I usually use it on a lone yellow or orange (blue on my set) to activate and it works well on most occasions, but sometimes it will fail to activate and just cause me to lose my streak. I dont get it, is there some kind of special place that is best to activate, or is there some rule to where you cant activate it right after your star has ended?

Define what you mean by "right after your star has ended".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mostly been playing on Medium but I find that it easiest for me to activate on the O/BD combo I just add the Y to it as well. I am about 95% consistent with that. Where as trying to add the O to Y/BD combo is about 30%...dunno why. Of course if O/BD isn't an option on the song then I get creative. This has worked well for me since I am 1st globally on medium GHWT drums!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mops wrote:
I have mostly been playing on Medium but I find that it easiest for me to activate on the O/BD combo I just add the Y to it as well. I am about 95% consistent with that. Where as trying to add the O to Y/BD combo is about 30%...dunno why. Of course if O/BD isn't an option on the song then I get creative. This has worked well for me since I am 1st globally on medium GHWT drums!

That's exactly how it is for me, I have to do it on the Orange/ Bass drum instead of the yellow. So you guys can try that (or the equivalent on RB drums)

And don't plan on staying first >_____>
mops  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ortiz1193 wrote:
And don't plan on staying first >_____>

Only 14,387,010 points to go!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just read the 2nd post of this thread all of your problems will be solved. If you want to activate with a charted note, YOU MUST hit the uncharted note first. That's really all there is to it. I almost never mess up activations now that I understand and have practiced that...
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:

I find that you cannot activate directly in a gap before the either. Game reads it as hitting the note too early.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Sulfurus PSN Name: Sulfurus
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm near positive I have, but it was intentionally early. Maybe something like, can't activate a beat a head of time or something.

My drums are too fucked to even try it now, though.

edit: May just have been a drum fill before it, though.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfurus wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

I find that you cannot activate directly in a gap before the either. Game reads it as hitting the note too early.

Thanks for pointing that out. That has not happened to me yet. Prolly cuz I almost activate on BD+Y or BD+O...
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deffinately was unable to activate like that during NSTB - I repeatedly did it by mistake and dropped combo. It may be possible if you try early enough and I would certainly agree that it is likely you can do it during a fill before the
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Sulfurus PSN Name: Sulfurus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: