ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Shadowed Guitarist or True Bassist
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moneybags137  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Shadowed Guitarist or True Bassist Reply with quote

This is more a question for bassist but guitarist can answer too.

I have to ask if you play bass whether you played guitar but someone over shadowed you and made you bass or whether you just purposely choose to be a bass?

Explain why and how it happened to you!

My Acc
Total Fcs [86] Latest: [Same Old Song and Dance]
Best(In terms of the Fc list): The Seeker
El jefe[4-7-09]
The log[4-10-09]
[51/70] FGFC GH3H
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: moneybags137
npuesey  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a guitarist But i love to play the bass. Most people find it boring but the bass is just a lot of fun for me. Maybe its because i like metal music. Heavier sound lol.

Wii Sports
3/8/09 I will always Remem... Crap i forgot..
Swigga  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: I'm the guitarist Reply with quote

But my friend Chose to be bassist. I have fun with bass though, it's all good as long as your playing.=D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kingofhearts948
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care, but if you take guitar from me, you better not suck.
zimzimmahzimmer  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:

my thoughts exactly.

http://iphonewallpapers.ilovefree.org/images/wallpapers/15315514/animals/giraffe.jpg
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yeah I hate that. One time we were playing this guy picked guitar right away i was like whatever let's see how good he is. he picked medium and he SUCKED. I was on Expert Bass. After the song I said OK I guess he relized now that I should be guitar. WRONG. He picked Guitar again and I said fuck it.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bassist all the way. First career I done on GH:WT, first career I'd like to have done on RB, and first instrument I'll choose for RB2.

I spent so much time on Practise mode on GHII.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a hardcore Guitarist before GHWT came out. I never would have thought I would be interested in Bass at all but once I actually played a few songs being Bass and learned how to hit the purple not correctly I was hooked on Bass. I don't know what it is about Bass that I like so much more than Guitar but I just played Guitar now if I want to play a certain solo in a song.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind playing bass under 2 conditions. The first is that I don't have to play a completely boring song. The second is that the guitarist isn't terrible. I won't quit the song entirely if these conditions aren't met, I just won't be that happy about it.
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:

Exactly.
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm better than all my friends, and they usually go ahead and jump to Bass. I always feel bad though and either play a few Bass songs or only do songs with the Rhythm guitar in them to make it more fun (TTFAF, Freebird, Dragonforce DLC, One, etc.) for them.
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:
I'm better than all my friends, and they usually go ahead and jump to Bass. I always feel bad though and either play a few Bass songs or only do songs with the Rhythm guitar in them to make it more fun (TTFAF, Freebird, Dragonforce DLC, One, etc.) for them.

That's very considerate and you are a beautiful person. This is usually what I try to do. Hold on, did I just call you a beautiful person? I need sleep..... ~.~

Anyway, yeah, I think its pretty much common courtesy that if you choose a song on RB YOU should be able to choose whether you are Guitar or Bass. I remember a couple of days ago, this kid picked Guitar and I was like, OK... that's cool. He picks Hard and fails out twice. Then I pick Souls of Black scroll down to X and -1 it. Then he plays Guitar for his song again (not too long ago this kindof would have pissed me off... I was obviously better than him and he still picked Guitar... but I'm becoming more and more patient with people who play on easier difficulties, a lot of people just play RB to enjoy the game and we have to realize that :P) so I say, OK that's cool, but please stick to Medium, bro. He proceeds to do decent on the song. Then I pick Ride the Lightning and he jumps to Guitar and I was like seriously? Then he plugs in a mic and goes, "Yeah, seriously." I proceed to leave. I have patience... but not enough to deal with a bag of douche that large.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose to be a bassist half-way through RB1. I'm not ultra skilled so I'm average on guitar, but I do stellar on bass, so that's where I stay. Also, no one complains when I pick bass in band play.

Bass is the only career I 100% completed in GHWT, before I ditched the game and moved to RB2, where I quickly dominated its bass career too.
FranGH07  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

npuesey wrote:
I am a guitarist But i love to play the bass. Most people find it boring but the bass is just a lot of fun for me. Maybe its because i like metal music. Heavier sound lol.

This. And the fact that some songs are easier, but fun at the same time. I don't know why, but I love the sound of the bass.

PD: I play Bass in both games, RB and GH

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
MPTG  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a guitarist both in plastar and realtar,I simply suck in bass and on guitar I improve at an amazing rate from day to day(I only have 10 songs which are not 5 * on hard in the GHWT setlist,after not being able to get one when I got GHWT).

And I just hate massive strums with nothing to serious in between(excluding metal songs)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: