ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bass pedal woes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whocanshred  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Bass pedal woes Reply with quote

One day, during the hot Australian summer, I noticed my bass pedal was registering hits when the pedal goes back up into its neutral position after a normal hit. I later discover that the sensor covering was peeling off and getting sticky. I then decided to remove the sensor out of the pedal housing and now one of the two wires has detached from the piezo.

Can I just solder it back with the 40watt soldering iron I have lying around? What should I do with the pedal afterwards?
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bass pedal woes Reply with quote

whocanshred wrote:
during the hot Australian summer

I lol'd because you're probably the first person I've seen to use imagery in their problems. Nice going.

I don't see why you couldn't.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
MrBrownStain420  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soldering would work just fine on something like that... just don't burn yourself (I tried soldering back one of the wires on my new pads and burnt the living hell out of my hand).

Because you ARE a metal God, and not a plastic one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrBrownstain420
whocanshred  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh, I failed. All I did was spread out the solder that was already there. But its also disappointing to know that the two wires are held in place by small blobs of white putty. Alternatively I tried electrical tape just to hold it in place, but that didn't work very well. I shall now attempt using blu-tack to hold it in place.
MrBrownStain420  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to get some solder to hold it down. Should be a few bux at radio shack or home depot.

Because you ARE a metal God, and not a plastic one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrBrownstain420
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whocanshred wrote:
Sigh, I failed. All I did was spread out the solder that was already there. But its also disappointing to know that the two wires are held in place by small blobs of white putty. Alternatively I tried electrical tape just to hold it in place, but that didn't work very well. I shall now attempt using blu-tack to hold it in place.

LOL. Fail. Welcome to the world of poor manufacturing my friend.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: