ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Songs that make you strum when there's no audible beat
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
random  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get the end of Take Me Out pretty consistently by watching the bar lines and grouping the chords into fours. I start on an upstrum since the first chord is not on a line, then I pretend that the next chord and every fourth one after that is accented (every other downstrum), and just aim to keep the downstrum for those right on the bar line. I don't watch the notes, just the bar lines.

You have some leeway with the timing, as long as you adjust if you notice your strum creeping either in front or behind the bar line. The strums in between lines seem to take care of themselves...I think there's a natural tendency to space them evenly between the "accented" chords.
UltraPants  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

random wrote:
You have some leeway with the timing, as long as you adjust if you notice your strum creeping either in front or behind the bar line.

If you can't keep the rhythm yourself or if it's during a ritardando or accelerando in the song, I'd suggest combining what rhythm you're able to keep with your eyes as guides. Like random said, you have some leeway with your timing, and since you KNOW the part and the notes after so many times, keep an eye just below your 5 hollow dots at the bottom of your fret board, and if you see notes start to pass them before they're registered, speed up a LITTLE bit for just a second until they're all still in front. You might not get it perfectly the first few times or the several times after that, but I find it a nice way to make sure that my combo doesn't bid me farewell for the next 40 notes.
upchuck55  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to head bang and stomp around, (see scott ian) and I make my own drum beat.
ES942  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
Even though it has a beat..the one I struggle with the most is the fast orange note run in Texas Flood..

has anybody ever gotten that? It annoys me greatly. I flat think its just impossible.

..and Hellion has a point...trying to replicate perfectly something the original performer did in free/loose time is just ridiculous.

i don't mean to brag, buti get that every time. a key is to slow down your strumming. you are most likely going too fast. also, pay more attention to the targets on the bottom of the screen
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that on the variable tempo sections that if I try to go by eyeballing it, I do worse. Generally speaking, the game doesn't seem to actually transition; it just jumps two or three times. Take Sedated: it goes from eighth notes to dotted eighths to something slightly longer I can't recall, but the game never actually changes the tempo, which is what would normally happen in, say, a .mod file.

Considering this, I just look for the spots where it changes, and hope to adjust appropriately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: