ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Day That Never Comes :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChRoMaTiC  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: The Day That Never Comes :( Reply with quote

OK... this is making me... kinda angry

Now im not a "great" guitar hero player... but im decent...

- i can consistently 5 star raining blood on expert and any other song except for through the fire and flames on expert
- i can consistently beat through the fire and flames on expert

Now the only song i fail is the day that never comes.. and my problem is not the solo at all... i can combo most of it (i miss in solo d)

My problem is the annoying part which goes [G][Y][B] then [R][B][O] just before the solo. whats a good technique for it??? i can beat it with star power but BARELY... surely this part cannot be THAT hard... whats a good technique for it???
lordvader178  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hardcore Riff? The triplets? Tap the one on the most right hand side. I do it like this

Then just move your hand up the fretboard for the others.

13rats  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer tapping it in GHWT because there's no need to strum and the timing window is tighter than in GH3, and in GH3 I like one-handing it because the timing window lets me be a bit slower. In GH3 I play 123 on the GYBs, 124 on the the GRBs, and 123 on the GRYs. On World Tour I Play 131 on the GYBs, 121 on both the GRBs and GRYs. Good luck, this riff only appears twice in the song at its full speed so it isn't too hard to do well on the song without comboing this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep at GH3 i can't make it but in WT i can just cos you dont have to strum soo if you make some mistake's it doesn't matter soo WT is the best for this song

complete TTFAF on expert [X]
complete TDWDTG expert [X]
25 FC on expert (WT/3/A) [] 22 so far
15 FC on GH3 expert [] 12 so far latest hit me whit you best shot.
5* all songs [] TDWDTG,TTFAF RaBl.
a proud 3 fingerer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: patjean
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapping might be hard to get down, so if you just want to pass, only focus on hitting two of the three notes.

If this is charted:

Play it like this

You should be able to hit those two notes about every time. Sure, you rock meter will drop slightly, but pretty slowly, given you hit 2/3. And since you have a full bar of star power, hitting 2/3 under star power will shoot your rock meter up, and you should be at the top again once it runs out.

I would anchor and strum the lowest note (green or red), and pretend it's just a simple strummed note to one hammer-on.
0v3rki11  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NfskMjmMal2 wrote:
Tapping might be hard to get down, so if you just want to pass, only focus on hitting two of the three notes.

If this is charted:

Play it like this

You should be able to hit those two notes about every time. Sure, you rock meter will drop slightly, but pretty slowly, given you hit 2/3. And since you have a full bar of star power, hitting 2/3 under star power will shoot your rock meter up, and you should be at the top again once it runs out.

I would anchor and strum the lowest note (green or red), and pretend it's just a simple strummed note to one hammer-on.

If you're trying to pass, this. That, and just alt strum 8th notes too

I still need a GH game >.<
codysgames  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres one that's pretty easy due to WT's slider notes.

On the [G][Y][B] part, you should hold down green with your (left) index, tap yellow with your (left) ring finger, and tap blue with your right hand index.
Then once it switches to the [G][R][B] do the same exept tap the red with your middle finger (left hand).
Then on the [G][R][Y] part, do the same as before just hit the two yellow with your (right) index.

It sounds hard, but if you get the timing right it really isn't. Just remember you have to completely let go of all the other notes if you want the greens to be hit automatically. And don't try it on slow or anything, it's actually harder for some reason.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tap this (in GH3). Every highest note in the triplet is tapped. I can't do it one-handed for some reason.

Guide to the Tick Engine in Guitar Hero 3

Current GHIII Goals:
700k TTFAF (current score: 661k)
Aram  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordvader178 wrote:
The Hardcore Riff? The triplets? Tap the one on the most right hand side. I do it like this

Then just move your hand up the fretboard for the others.

^^^^^ What he said.

I slide my ring finger and then I start to tap, like this:

* = Tap
_ = Slide

13313*13*13*13*13*13*13*12*12*12*12*12*12*1

13313*13*13*13*13*13*13*12*12*12*12*12*12*1

Use that if you want to tap it. If you want to pass it do what NfskMjmMal2 said.

GH3 Scores [360]
68/70 GH3X FCs
TTFAF 943k
Retired
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do it with one hand, and for a while i messed up because i would be trying to hit the top note on the beats, which is way earlier than it should be. However, if you do that, your rhythm will be off. It's easier to get the rhythm by NOT anchoring the bottom notes, and then later when you understand the rhythm better anchor it for easier finger movements.

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
thedevilsreject  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just one hand right the way through it using

1-2-3 for the and

1-2-4

Repeat for the ones starting on red. And unlike lemon I find it way easier not to anchor.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: