ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League AA - S3 Winners: backinblack167 & Beauregard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beauregard  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eachann wrote:
I'm surprised at the h8 for this song from people like DaddyLongLegs and other top of the league players... I for one am really happy that this song got in because it gives me at least a fighting shot of moving on This type of songs... lots of runs of chords and such and no crazy solo type parts.. .is the type of song I do best on. Whether I win or not doesn't matter that much since moving on would just allow me to play against Daddylonglegs.. lol... but I guess that's what it's all about, playing the best...

Anyway, I like this song... I don't know if I can beat Beauregard on it, but I like it nevertheless.

To answer your question Beauregard, in the past seasons pictures haven't been required. I just got a new camera phone so I could take pics now.. heh... but I don't have a cable to put them on my PC yet. I'd have to go buy one if they changed the rules to ask for picture proof.

you can send photos by way of cell phones to your email address, thats how i get all my pics uploaded, just send it like a text message. and good luck on this song, iv already improved my old score by 190k

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well eachann, the reason you like this song is the reason I hate it. I can't stand songs like that. I enjoy solos and what not. Take a look at my week one scores and this will come apparent. I believe I got 409 on monkey wrench. I played it twice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edam wrote:
Oh, nice. I don't really like to play One for the road, so I'm glad i won't have to.

i spent about 2 hours on it and i don't have to play it

oh well i upped my score by 30k up to 450k

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, really shocked to make the playoffs, this means i'll have break out the elastic bands for a quick external whammy bar fix (that little plastic bit on the semicircle piece has broken). This may sound stupid, but there doesnt appear to be a due date for this score, is it just me being stupid and missing them?
eachann  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauregard wrote:

you can send photos by way of cell phones to your email address, thats how i get all my pics uploaded, just send it like a text message. and good luck on this song, iv already improved my old score by 190k

Lol.. i'm so toasted... hah... i have improved on my score by over 100k, but your previous score was about 8k above mine so I have another 100k'ish to go....

Oh well at least I got to play a song I like in the playoffs.

The crazy solo type songs are my downfall, DDL... on Cherry Pie I had a pretty good run, I got the highest score amongst those of us who didn't FC it... but I missed 5 notes, all in the solo Hopefully if I keep improving something will click and I'll be able to do those types of parts better...
daddylonglegs75  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPXenon wrote:
i'll have break out the elastic bands for a quick external whammy bar fix

Haha I have to do the same thing. Mine has been broken for quite a while and my sisters hair ties work great.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eachann wrote:
The crazy solo type songs are my downfall, DDL... on Cherry Pie I had a pretty good run, I got the highest score amongst those of us who didn't FC it... but I missed 5 notes, all in the solo Hopefully if I keep improving something will click and I'll be able to do those types of parts better...

Ya keep practicing and you will get it. I recommend hyper mode. For me it helps me concentrate on what is happening at the moment instead of whats coming.

p.s. I have no idea how I hit the CP solo I really don't know whats going on haha. I'm just lucky I guess. But my one suggestion is that you hold down yellow and tap blue accordingly if you aren't doing that already.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as daddy said, just keep practicing and finally your fingers will
be able to move much faster than you think.. I just took a movie of
my fretting hand on the CP solo and I have no idea how I do that so fast :S

Well, my best advice on that solo is, on the last hold before it comes,
switch over to third position with your index on yellow, then keep yellow held
down and treat the blues and oranges as trills and after the last orange
just move down your hand to normal position again for the last bit..

When I changed my position like this it helped me alot since you can tap
your second or third finger way faster than your pinky..

Hope it helps

Goals:
600k TTFAF [X]
23 million [X]
Top 20 GH3X [ ]
Beauregard  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here is a sneak peak of the score im submitting i could FC this song if it weren't for the "fast picking" part

-5 run, if you beat this one eachann you deserve to move on. (beat yours drazar )

additionally, i have know idea where i got that 190k thing, could have sworn my old score was 250 at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... congrats Beauregard... I don't think I'll be beating that. But dont' think I"m not going to keep trying until the last minute!

When is the deadline?
backinblack167  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck in the playoffs everyone!

Thanks for another great season, rabies. You did an exceptional job handling this league much like last season.
Beauregard  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eachann wrote:
lol... congrats Beauregard... I don't think I'll be beating that. But dont' think I"m not going to keep trying until the last minute!

When is the deadline?

Tuesday night at midnight PST if memory serves.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like songs that reflect difficulty rather than impossibility. As far as I'm concerned, a lot of the solos do that, and when the entire match is decided by if one guy can play a crazy thirty-second note run and the other guy can't, even though he nails everything else consistently and the first guy has a single lucky run out of fifty, that doesn't exactly reflect favorably in my opinion.

If the song is downright impossible, great. Then it will still be a challenge for both parties. If the song is downright possible, then at least nobody's at a disadvantage that reveals very little about their "inferior" skill. When it's one brief section that might or might not be feasible when the rest of the song is easy, like two of week four's songs, then I don't understand the point. Difficulty should be remotely consistent.

But if you like songs that simply reflect who has more time and patience to spend in practice mode, and can successfully translate that into playing a live song, more power to ya. I get maybe one hour per day, so there's only so much "practicing" I can do.
Drazar  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauregard wrote:
(beat yours drazar )

fixed, i was going 2-2-3 instead of 2-3-3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite close to 450k now. I just want a run where I at least hit everything except for fast picking. Then I'll be happy.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: Wupun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: