ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
xbox360 'open tray' issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXcelon969  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: xbox360 'open tray' issue Reply with quote

this really doesn't fit in any forum so i'm asking here.

i have a basically new xbox360 elite and now it's got this issue where i usually takes 5 to 20 open/close tray functions in the xbl home screen to finally read a disc.

discs arent scratched, compressed air does no good on the cd tray.

anyone else have this issue? i read it's not covered under the warranty. anyone have a fix?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to Gaming Discussion.
Not sure how to fix your problem.
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: This post has been deleted. Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
wursty420  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a better fix then mine, my 360 is doing the same thing so i just bang on it with my fist a few times after i close the trey, it works but im praying for a RROD so i can get a new 360
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Zz WUR5TY zZ
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wursty420 wrote:
thats a better fix then mine, my 360 is doing the same thing so i just bang on it with my fist a few times after i close the trey, it works but im praying for a RROD so i can get a new 360

...LOL. I thought I was the only one that used this as a viable method...

My cousin and I hit his 360 too to solve the problem. It works every time.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
FoG  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try pushing the tray to the right while putting in a disc. The tray might be out of alignment.

[quote=/"MarkMadness/"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat[/quote]
My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote=/"dudextr/"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
howlong  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if push comes to shove you can break down and buy a new dvd drive. find out what kind you have, say its a benQ, then take the chip out of yours (i cant think of the name of the chip, but its the one were all the robins are attached) and plug it into the new x360 drive. and it will work.

well.. thats just what i did. with my modded one
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: lilhaywood999
V0Lt4Ge  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used one of those DVD laser lens cleaner things on mine. It worked fine both times I had this problem.

"Now, if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish... Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry - an absolute death machine."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: V0Lt4Ge
Dumple  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for some tips guys, mines having the same problem

But is anyone else's making a loud scratching/buzzing noise when you put in the disc and then not reading them at all? Thats what happening to mine
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has the same problem, and it usually seems to be effected more by colder weather. I play in a sunroom, and during the winter, overnight the Xbox would be subject to 40 degrees and during the summer, 80. Heat doesn't do anything bad though, so what I usually do is turn on the heater in the sunroom and leave for about 15 minutes before playing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: