ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
You know what really grinds my gears?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
popemobile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: You know what really grinds my gears? Reply with quote

When I have a really good run on a song, but then find out a better star power strategy, and then never be able to get that good of a run again.

For example, i got 320,000 on No One Knows and i made one mistake outside of the solo. Then i try again after i found out a better strategy, make 2 mistakes, do worse in the solo, and i end up with 7,000 more points.

Now i cant duplicate my run where i only missed one note, and that is what grinds my gears.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

\m/ Family guy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only Star Power timing and usage weren't the most important things for getting high scores, eh? =/

But, off-topic, you're most likely to do your best when you play fresh rather than repeat a song for the 10th time in a row in one sitting, because otherwise your muscle memory becomes far too expectant and alert (or more like... twitchy) and you end up playing it faster than it's actually going, simply because your hand muscles know exactly what's next and don't want to wait.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: You know what really grinds my gears? Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
When I have a really good run on a song, but then find out a better star power strategy, and then never be able to get that good of a run again.

For example, i got 320,000 on No One Knows and i made one mistake outside of the solo. Then i try again after i found out a better strategy, make 2 mistakes, do worse in the solo, and i end up with 7,000 more points.

Now i cant duplicate my run where i only missed one note, and that is what grinds my gears.

yeah tell me about it!! that's EXACTLY the reason i have trouble improving scores now...i seriously can hit just as many notes or almost as many as anyone on this site...but it's duplicating my best runs with star power that's the problem. i didn't know that this happened to anyone else. specifically, it happened to me with BATM

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what grinds MY gears? Lindsay Lohan. Runnin around in those little outfits. Dressed up...on stage...in your little outfits. I mean, you're runnin around on the stage, and I'm just sitting at home with my beer.

*ahem*

Yeah, I know what you mean about this. I do this all the time with the 4 starred songs I have. I'll do my entire run through a song (example of choice: Ace of Spades) and get a decent score. I'll then add in another SP usage and end up getting a little bit closer. Unfortunately, I get about 5% less percentage and am never able to connect the two. It'll be an eternal scale of suck for me. I'll either get the percentage or the SP usage.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that sucks

but you know what also does i just CfH at 96%
9.3mil[]
9.5mil[]
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kriller wrote:
yeah that sucks

but you know what also does i just CfH at 96%

Your grammar scares me. I can guess what you mean, but it's only a guess mind you.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Riz  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what grinds my gears... early last week, I finally passed BatM hard, so I could move on to expert stuff... once I got a few bucks from some of the early songs, I started buying bonus tracks. I decided one night, late, that just for giggles, I would try TBW. I got to 89% before I died. Wow, that was not as horrible as I thought it would be. So I tried it again. I got to 12%. I have not broken 12% since. Grrrr...
popemobile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what else grinds my gears...

not being able to find the right peanut butter to jelly ratio for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. i mean, it just is too much of a hassle scooping out jelly, then putting some back, but then scooping some more out, and then you think that you could use more peanut butter, but then you realize you put too much on, and you go into the other room and you cry

and thats what grinds my gears
Ral  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what really grinds me gears... when I keep messing up at the same part of something I know I can play. To make it even worse, they are star power notes. Then once I finally get it, I mess up once I activate star power.
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popemobile wrote:
you know what else grinds my gears...

not being able to find the right peanut butter to jelly ratio for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. i mean, it just is too much of a hassle scooping out jelly, then putting some back, but then scooping some more out, and then you think that you could use more peanut butter, but then you realize you put too much on, and you go into the other room and you cry

and thats what grinds my gears

you're not adding enough baseball bat...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to full combo You've got another thing coming on hard has been grinding my gears for the past several days..enough to make me want to quit this game....

Here is what is happening..

Try #1 - I play through the song..and mess up at a typical spot at the very end of the solo to blow my full combo...restart

Try #2 - I play through the song, mess up on some stupid easier part somewhere else in the solo.....keep playing just so i can practice the end of the solo..and nail it! restart

Try #3 - ...I duplicate exactly what happened on try #1...@#$@^@#$~!

Try #4 - I duplicate exactly what happened on Try #2....WTF?!?!?!?!?

....and it pretty much just keeps flip-flopping...I either screw up an easy part and nail the end..or i nail everything else and screw up the end.

.....its driving me nuts.
heathalynne  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraPants wrote:
If only Star Power timing and usage weren't the most important things for getting high scores, eh? =/

But, off-topic, you're most likely to do your best when you play fresh rather than repeat a song for the 10th time in a row in one sitting, because otherwise your muscle memory becomes far too expectant and alert (or more like... twitchy) and you end up playing it faster than it's actually going, simply because your hand muscles know exactly what's next and don't want to wait.

ITA. the 1st and 2nd times are always the best. then it just gets frustrating after. like you X4 through the stuff you never X4 through and you mess up the parts you are usually good at.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what grinds my gears?

When I try to peel out and I miss the timing and end up mashing the clutch for an indiscriminate period of time while trying to shift, and then I end up stalling out.

Well, I guess those technically aren't mygears, then, but...

Hehe, j/k. What really bothers me is that I don't know anyone in my area (Tampa, FL) who plays GH... rocking out is best done in large groups- that's why there are bands!
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heathalynne wrote:
UltraPants wrote:

ITA. the 1st and 2nd times are always the best. then it just gets frustrating after. like you X4 through the stuff you never X4 through and you mess up the parts you are usually good at.

I don't know, I beg to differ....last night I played Breaking the Wheel for 2 hours straight, and ended up getting my best score of the night by the end of the 2nd hour. Hopefully I'll do even better next time...

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: