ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:M, differences from WT drumming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: GH:M, differences from WT drumming Reply with quote

I have noticed a couple of things right off the bat, but I am sure there are more.

Star Power
- If you activate at the same time as a charted Y or O, you no longer need to hit the uncharted note first. In fact you break combo if you do. Activation now works much better if you hit both at the same time regardles of a charted note.

Expert+ Mode
- New Expert+ mode has more bass notes charted for double bass play. Expert+ is only available for certain songs.

Accent Note
- The accent note now explodes into an orange color instead of the white flash in WT (Xbox 360 at least).

Bass Note
- X360 & PS3 - The bass note is now segmented with vertical lines and has a gray appearance. (Transitions from purple to grey from bottom to top)
- WII - Bass noe still purple, but has vertical lines?

Midi Interface
- GH:M does not have the double triggering problem that WT has with some E-Kits. I plug my Roland TD-20 directly into the WT kit with no issues in GH:M.

Last edited by ABee1010 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
sockpuppetss  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Activating is much easier now. It's more fun that way.
GRYBOPandRYBOGP  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bass notes are still purple on the Wii.
The way you spelled Metallica reminds me of the way Lynyrd Skynyrd was spelled on the cover of GH:M originally.. >_>
ohh noes! typing error, someone call the police!!
Me - "Hello, 911. I'm calling on the behalf of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Neversoft has failed to spell the name correctly on the game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. This will effect their image and possibly reduce sales for the band. I suggest suing the company."
Police - "Who the fuck do you think you are? WMG? Get off our line."
Parama  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRYBOPandRYBOGP wrote:
The bass notes are still purple on the Wii.

As are slide notes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bass notes are still purple on the PS3, but they are a bright purple instead of a dark purple, and segmented. Makes them much much easier to read.

*EDIT* Are you sure they are grey on the 360 and not just like the PS3 (purple with a bright center that kinda looks grey?)
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terjyn wrote:
The bass notes are still purple on the PS3, but they are a bright purple instead of a dark purple, and segmented. Makes them much much easier to read.

*EDIT* Are you sure they are grey on the 360 and not just like the PS3 (purple with a bright center that kinda looks grey?)

I am positive that the "Bass Drum" notes are grey, I have not played bass guitar yet so I am note sure about open bass notes. I actually liked the purple a little better...
GRYBOPandRYBOGP  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii bass drum notes are segmented.

Although in the Music Studio (GHMix), the bass notes recorded are gray.
The way you spelled Metallica reminds me of the way Lynyrd Skynyrd was spelled on the cover of GH:M originally.. >_>
ohh noes! typing error, someone call the police!!
Me - "Hello, 911. I'm calling on the behalf of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Neversoft has failed to spell the name correctly on the game, Guitar Hero: Metallica. This will effect their image and possibly reduce sales for the band. I suggest suing the company."
Police - "Who the fuck do you think you are? WMG? Get off our line."
Terjyn  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABee1010 wrote:
Terjyn wrote:

I am positive that the "Bass Drum" notes are grey, I have not played bass guitar yet so I am note sure about open bass notes. I actually liked the purple a little better...

They look purple to me on videos on Youtube, and in fact look identical in every way to the PS3 version. /shrug
dore  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Activating star power before a YB (on a Rock Band kit, at least) doesn't work at all. I guess that's a safeguard so that you don't accidentally activate but it's kinda annoying. Did it do that in WT, too? I never played enough to notice something like that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terjyn wrote:
ABee1010 wrote:
Terjyn wrote:

They look purple to me on videos on Youtube, and in fact look identical in every way to the PS3 version. /shrug

I looked closer and you are riight! I have a Low-def TV and it is pretty hard to notice, but there is a hint of purple at the bottom of the bar. For the most part it looks grey on my setup but I see what you are talking about now. I will rephrase above...
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dore wrote:
Activating star power before a YB (on a Rock Band kit, at least) doesn't work at all. I guess that's a safeguard so that you don't accidentally activate but it's kinda annoying. Did it do that in WT, too? I never played enough to notice something like that.

Yup, that is the same as WT. Thanks for confirming thou...
PhilipinoPride  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also shows how many stars you have during the song and the star will be glowing if you don't miss a note
[6:41pm] xsiick: I love PhilipinoPride
[6:41pm] xsiick: go ahead
[6:41pm] xsiick: sig that
[x] Beat the Rock Band 2 endless setlist on expert drums
[x] Get a #1 score on Scorehero Rock Band 2 expert drums (RHCP- Tell me Baby) got taken away from me
[ ] Get past a major RB2 drummer on scorehero career leaderboards (I still need to put up all my scores)
[x] Get all achievements for RB2
[ ] Get #1 on XBL leaderboards on a RB2 song for drums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Philipino Pride
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: