ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Neversoft Employees: Has the GH:M Engine Been Changed?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mack31  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Neversoft Employees: Has the GH:M Engine Been Changed? Reply with quote

Is the Guitar Hero:Metallica engine any different from the GHWT engine? So far, GH:M seems easier to hit stuff in my opinion. For example, I've already gotten 100% (not FC) on The Shortest Straw. The solos aren't ridiculously fast, but it seems like it would be harder to accomplish this. Maybe I'm just better than I thought. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

EDIT: We've had quite a few responses to this thread all believing that the GH:M engine has been made slightly easier. Can any Staff or Neversoft employees confirm the status of the GH:M engine?

Last edited by Mack31 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samson007  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with you on that one actually.

I have a hit a few solo sections....that I could hardly read, let alone play. Also, I have seen my room-mate who is a "decent" expert player hit some stuff that in any other game would be WAAAAAY out of his league.

Could be the engine, could just be luck.

Darkest  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, like I've 100%'d so many solos that I couldn't on stuff like GH2 or RB2...like the entire Hit The Lights solo, Beautiful Mourning, most of Whiplash.
Graf  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gos of metal are smiling down at us with this game.

Call it skepticism, but I feel like I am hitting some insane stuff as well. I FC'd the 2nd solo in War Ensemble in practice, when in World Tour I wouldn't have been able to touch that. I think the engine is slightly different, meaning it is just different enough for people to notice, but not SO different that it is like the difference between GHIII and GHII.

Maybe it's just the overwhelming amount of AWESOME pouring through the controller. Adrenaline gets pumping and people do better.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was playing ghm for like 7 hours straight last night, and i do think maybe the engine is tweeked somewhat, i think theres something about it that just makes me want to play better and try harder (not just phenom fc'ing the whole game in like 3 hours) but i felt the urge to play the tool songs off world tour, and i did notice its a little harder to hit, so i would say GHM is a better engine overall, almost felt like in between GH2 and 3, but much closer to 2, which is good i think.
DualHazzarD  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they put the timing window back to where it was at GH3 if not, close.

GH1 and 2/RB games probably are the hardest to hit solo's on due to the timing windows.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it is easier to hit crazy solos than in GH3 for some reason. Fast strumming parts are harder, but not because of the timing window being harder, but rather too easy. I was just testing on some of the songs that have fast strumming sections, and it seemed like my notes were disappearing almost a measure ahead of the frets when I went too fast. It's damn near impossible for me to get consistency on songs like War Ensemble because I just can't get the rhythm correct.

Awe well, it's still a fun game!
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
BShea  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I'm feeling like its closer to GH3 than GHWT, which I'm okay with since I've learned that GH is less precise with the window than Rock Band.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91390
sockpuppetss  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's way easier. My friend and I both agree. I have been fcing solos left and right. I can't even FC the second Mr Crowley solo on WT
jeremiahsjohnson  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sockpuppetss wrote:
Yeah it's way easier. My friend and I both agree. I have been fcing solos left and right. I can't even FC the second Mr Crowley solo on WT

Crap. And here I thought I was just getting better.

Yeah, it seems easier.
sockpuppetss  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremiahsjohnson wrote:
sockpuppetss wrote:

Crap. And here I thought I was just getting better.

Yeah, it seems easier.

Yeah I realized I wasn't getting better when I went back and got 130k on Rude Mood.
Sk8er4ever714  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told by memesis(he works for Neversoft, incase you didn't know) that GH:M has the same engine as GH:WT. I personally thought that the GH:M engine was "easier"/more leniant myself, but then I found that out. I guess I'm just better than I thought. ¯\(°_o)/¯

<-Old and way outdated scores, lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Sk8er4ever714 PSN Name: Sk8er-182 Wii Friend Code: 4407521356750541
Mack31  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sk8er4ever714 wrote:
I was told by memesis(he works for Neversoft, incase you didn't know) that GH:M has the same engine as GH:WT. I personally thought that the GH:M engine was "easier"/more leniant myself, but then I found that out. I guess I'm just better than I thought. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Can we get him or some other Neversoft employee to confirm that in this thread please? That would be appreciated.
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it feels about mid way between GH3 and GH:WT... I personally think the timing window is perfect where it is now, including the string notes. But yeah, I've been tearing up solo's too, at least as well as when I used to play GH3 a lot, if not better... I only missed one notes (in the slowest part) of the Hit the lights solo, 800+ note streak on shortest straw (all downstrumming), etc.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vampyromaniacal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: