ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH Controller
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Controller appearance status:
Stickered out
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Modified to enhance preformance
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
No stickers, No enhancers, Just good ole' fashion GH SG controllers
52%
 52%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 44

schzoidbaka  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: GH Controller Reply with quote

Is it decked out in stickers? Is it left the way you got it? Or is it "modified to enhance preformance" because you rock out too hard and too much?

Post pictures of your guitar, I'll post mine up too, because it just looks way, too, awesome. Mr. Green (when I get a picture).

HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now, my guitar's pretty much the same as it was when I bought it, with the exception of a few stickers here and there. Once I get my disc fixed I plan on makin the controller better. But until then I really have no need for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for option 2, on the basis of future intent No stickers or anything, plain Jane, but at some point I intend to do an RF mod for it, cause I'm a hardcore anti-wire type (play other PS games with a Madcatz 2.4GHz wireless and I can't imagine ever going to back to a regular PS/2 Ultrashock). I'll probably do the strum bar velcro mod as well at the same time when I have it open to do that.

Unfortunately, I can't find any of the "you can plug anything with a PS connector into it and make it wireless" type RF controllers locally (they make it a lot easier, cause they take the controller output wires as an input). So I'm trying to decide whether to buy something off the net or eBay or something, or get another Madcatz for rippin' open, and mess around with wiring the buttons into it, instead of the PS connector outputs from the other way, which sounds... vaguely annoying. Hence, my procrastination. I'll get to it one day though.

Riz.
Genga  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine has a couple stickers on it, my nautical star, which all my real guitars have too (except one bass, its too sexy to sticker) and my "JC" which is my inspiration for wanting to do well in GH (I may change the J to another C, to inspire me to do well to make a girl happy )

ive also got the strap clip in the back of the guitar like a real SG, it makes the guitar that little bit higher and the neck end can slip down when you play with a top on, but its good for when you want to play lefty flip, its the same height
Chime  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked "Stickered" but actually I have painted on a skull. I also have put some pins on the strap
IronEddie42  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked "Modified to enhance performance" even though mine's not modified to enhance anything ... except maybe appearance.

I've painted mine gloss red, painted the pickguard and all of the "hardware" matte black, the fretboard is black, back of the fretboard red and on the back of the guitar, I finally found a use for that stencil of the "Scary Guy" that came in my Metallica Live Shit Binge & Purge box set - I stenciled him on the back ...

I'm at work right now, I'll take a picture of it tonight so you guys can see ... it looks purdy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronEddie, that sounds pretty kickass. Can't wait to see it.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronEddie42 wrote:
I picked "Modified to enhance performance" even though mine's not modified to enhance anything ... except maybe appearance.

I've painted mine gloss red, painted the pickguard and all of the "hardware" matte black, the fretboard is black, back of the fretboard red and on the back of the guitar, I finally found a use for that stencil of the "Scary Guy" that came in my Metallica Live Shit Binge & Purge box set - I stenciled him on the back ...

I'm at work right now, I'll take a picture of it tonight so you guys can see ... it looks purdy.

That's the kind of guitar I want. The glossy paint stays on the guitar right? I was thinking about painting mine, but I was afraid it was just going to peel off after a few hours.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend gave me this pin...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
IronEddie42  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
IronEddie, that sounds pretty kickass. Can't wait to see it.

Yeah, it came out pretty good ... the Scary Guy on the back is a little blurry because it was difficult to get the stencil 100% flat on the back of the guitar, but it came out good enough for me.

HylianHero wrote:
That's the kind of guitar I want. The glossy paint stays on the guitar right? I was thinking about painting mine, but I was afraid it was just going to peel off after a few hours.

Nah, if you use the right paint ... I went out to my local arts & crafts store, purchased a gloss red spray paint, a flat black spray paint and a clear-coat gloss spray paint (if you wnat, I can give you the exact brand and color and everything when I get home) and it came out really great. I did 3-4 coats of the red and black and then another 2-3 of the clear-coat.

The trick is to do A LOT of light coats and eventually you get one nice, even, shiny coat. And don't be impatient like me ... and do yourself a favor - go out and buy a 2nd guitar hero controller so you don't have to go 2-3-4 days without guitar hero

Anyways - like I said, when I get home tonight, I'll snap some pictures and post em up for you guys ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda figured it'd have to be a few good coats in order to make it work right. I was thinking about giving my guitar the Eddie Van Halen paint job, sine I figured it'd look awesome on the guitar. I just wasn't sure if the paint would've stuck to the glossy surface of the plastic or not.

It'd be nice if you could give me the brand you used for this though. I don't wanna assume I know what I'm doing and screw it up.

(Oh, and I don't have to worry about a few days without Guitar Hero. My game disc's been broken for a few months now, so a few more days without gaming isn't gonna kill me, since I still can't play it anyways.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronEddie42 wrote:
I've painted mine gloss red, painted the pickguard and all of the "hardware" matte black, the fretboard is black, back of the fretboard red and on the back of the guitar

So now you're SG controller looks like the default SG in the game!

Hellion42  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appearance: I have "42" as a 12th fret marker, and a triangle next to the start button so my dyslexic ass can remember which one is which. Stickers were pilfered from the sheet that came with my DS/Mario Kart bundle.

Performance: I got a couple of rubber bands looped around the back peg and whammy bar... otherwise my whammy won't whammy very whammily.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is just straight up defaulted out theying yang. but mine is pretty worn down, namely the strum bar. that little white protective coat is gone and it's been used so heavily that the clicking sound drowns out all the notes if i try to make videos and i'm not willing (yet) to open it up and fix it since it's still in awesome shape for play.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:
mine is just straight up defaulted out theying yang. but mine is pretty worn down, namely the strum bar. that little white protective coat is gone and it's been used so heavily that the clicking sound drowns out all the notes if i try to make videos and i'm not willing (yet) to open it up and fix it since it's still in awesome shape for play.

Quieting the strum bar is actually very easy. Just get a piece of double-sided tape, open up the controller, and go to the strumming area. Strum up and down and you'll see these little white things hit the top of the guitar. Take off one side of the double-sided tape, slide it underneath the white things, and it's good to go.

It makes your strumming a little bit tighter, but it doesn't really affect it too badly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: