ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Game suggestion thread: PC Games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk7777  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question guys; I'm considering getting a PS3 in October, and maybe Uncharted to go with it. I was just wondering, would it be worth getting Uncharted 1, and playing through the story line before I get UC 2? Or will it not make a difference? Just wondering because I was considering getting UC 2 without even bothering to get UC 1.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk7777 wrote:
Quick question guys; I'm considering getting a PS3 in October, and maybe Uncharted to go with it. I was just wondering, would it be worth getting Uncharted 1, and playing through the story line before I get UC 2? Or will it not make a difference? Just wondering because I was considering getting UC 2 without even bothering to get UC 1.

Can anyone really answer that? Uncharted 2 isn't out yet...

I can tell you that reviews I've read of the game (I don't own a PS3) herald its story-telling, characters and presentation. So if I were to make assumptions, the compelling story in the first Uncharted is probably worth the experience to prepare yourself for the sequel this fall.

On a side note, Uncharted is the one game I really feel I'm missing out on in not owning a PS3, but haven't been able to justify the console purchase. This new announcement of the Slim might just be my answer...

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
Megashot  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, my family recently got a Wii (my older sister did) and I'm wondering about some good games that are $20 or below. I don't have a lot of money in my bank account (only about $60 or so) but I would love to get a traditional game instead of just having Wii Sports and Wii Play. My sister got it for pretty much everyone to play, so some good games under $20 would be great. I plan on going to Gamestop tomorrow and browsing the store, but I would like some recommendations so that I'm not spending an hour looking through all the games.

Kind of Off Topic: Oddly enough, my sister's Wii had Wii Sports Resort inside the system as well. When did they start packing that into the systems? Or was it an accident? XD Either way I still need that Motion Plus so that all of us can play the Wii Sports Resort game. The Wii was factory sealed from Wal-Mart, and for some reason it has game data for "Thrillville: OTR" on the internal memory despite it being "factory sealed".

Proud owner of every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game! Rock on!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
Qarx  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you want a game for <$20, then try eBay. I got a copy of Metroid Prime 3: Curruption for <$15 .

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm ashamed. My favorite game of all time is not on the list. At least not after today!

PLUS!

World of Goo: This is an awesome game and it's really hard too! You'll be using those skips alot, but when you go back and actually do it, it's so much better. This game easily is on my list of games you need with a Wii.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: I still can't believe that this game has only one vote. It's the best Tycoon game out there, and by far the best rollercoaster one. I would give a recommendation to Three, but if you have Two, you really don't need Three, since it's on 3D. So, RCT2 pwns n00b.

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door: This Paper Mario by far beats One and Three. I've played all three and I can simply play this game and enjoy it the same on the first day I got it. Even if it's a bit shorter than 1 and 3(For me at least). It still packs alot in, especially into the Orient Express(Best Chapter in all Three Games Ever). Can't wait for the next one to go back to the roots, which I hope it does.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: This game was the favorite for me in the entire series, on Wii, it seemed like the perfect idea. Although it strays from the original Metroids where you actually have to look for things, it makes it much more user friendly, and the places seem a bit larger than the previous, so it was an extremely nice addition. Awesome game, on the same list for Buy Pl0x for Wii.

Donkey Kong 64: I'm really surprised this hasn't already made the list. This is an AWESOME game. If you haven't played this game, go out and buy a Nintendo 64 and get this game immediately. This is easily one of the best games I've ever played.

Burnout:Revenge: While it didn't have the best soundtrack ever, it was the best racing experience I've had in a long time. I still haven't perfect'd it, which makes it a bit tough, if you going for perfection, or Elite. But, it's a definite buy in my book.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Really, I should put 'Nuff said here, but I won't. This is my favorite game ever period. It's an awesome Legend of Zelda game, and it's really beatable in a long session if you're that devoted. Buy this with Donkey Kong if you haven't played it immediately.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: 'Nuff said, the fairy doesn't annoy you that much.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Much better than Melee and even the first one really. It has online which is always a plus, even if you suffer from it(I've really had no problems, so yeah....) and the new additions are awesome. Exclude Lucas...

Super Mario Galaxy: I've perfected this game 3 times. I think that's all I have to say really. There's nothing bad about this game, unless you want to call a game being too easy or lack of Voice Acting bad, which is really stupid if you ask me.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: It's surprising how this has more votes that OoT and MM, but it's still a great game. However, it's not the greatest of Zelda games, nor is it the worst. It's in between really for me, but it's still a great game.

Metal Gear Solid 3: WHY ISN'T THIS GAME HERE? THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME OF THE PS2. EVER.

Metal Gear Solid 2: While this isn't as good as Metal Gear Solid 3 or even 1. It's a pretty good game. It has its' flaws though, so I wouldn't go out and buy it right now, but I'm still recommending it easily.

Guitar Hero Series: While I do prefer it over the Rock Band Series, I'd still recommend it more than Rock Band, but it's really anyone's choice there. I just like Guitar Hero more.

Pokemon Stadium 2: I prefer this one over 1 majorly because I could easily beat Pokemon Stadium 1, but I hated the minigames on one as well. So, Pokemon Stadium 2 is easily another must buy for N64, if you don't have it already.

Super Mario 64: This game is awesome, and anyone who again doesn't have it/hasn't played it on their N64 is really missing out.

Kingdom Hearts Series: This is an awesome series, and it can get tough, so it's not a smasher, at least the first isn't the second can get into smashing on the main story bosses, but that chick with the white wings might bite.

Wii Music: This game is a load of fun, if you know what you're doing, which is really simple to be honest. I don't get why people degrade this so badly, it's really a neat game.

However, now it's time for the Minus Edition.

MINUS!

Bloom Blox:This game had a good concept but really just blew it up. I realize this is a kids themed game, but really? I mean the only real fun I had was playing Jenga, which I could easily do without a Wii, and using the sprays. It might just be me, but I really don't think so. (-1)

That wasn't so big was it?

I hope you enjoy that humongous post!
Saru786  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an Xbox 360 and I need some suggestions on games that are a heck of fun on Xbox Live on multiplayer. Mostly shooters will be appreciated.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Qarx  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raikri999 wrote:

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door:

+1 to this. I got it only recently, and boy was it fun. The only thing I hated was getting to something like floor 92 on the 100 Trials (or whatever it was called) and dying. I got so pissed that I haven't played it since >_>.
Raikri999 wrote:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption:

+1 to this, too. I had a lot of fun with it, and I was recently trying to beat it on Hyper difficulty.
Raikri999 wrote:

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask:

+1. Yeah, that game was a blast. Got it on Virtual Console, and was glad for doing so.
Raikri999 wrote:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time:

+1. Yeah, there's a good reason why it's considered the best game ever by many.
Raikri999 wrote:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl:

+1. I loved this game. Nothing about it disappointed... then again, I'm not one of those tourny fanboys who got all pissed about the game being different from Melee, but I'm not going to go there....
Raikri999 wrote:

Super Mario Galaxy:

+1. This game is awesome, and anyone who thinks otherwise should receive a punishment of 100 playthroughs of Superman for the N64.
Raikri999 wrote:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:

+1. I played the GCN version, and I gotta say it's pretty damn good. I just wish the extras were a bit more thrilling.
Raikri999 wrote:

Metal Gear Solid 3:

+1. Yeah, this game was pretty awesome. Getting to play as Big Boss while camouflaging yourself was a nice treat, and the dialog was just amazing (especially the one about the cardboard box XD)

Raikri999 wrote:

Metal Gear Solid 2:

+1. No doubt about it. Did you know the same voice actor who did Raiden does Axel from Kingdom Hearts 2?
Raikri999 wrote:

Guitar Hero Series:

+1. Not much else to say.

Raikri999 wrote:

Super Mario 64:

+1. Much like Super Mario Bros. 3, the only thing better than playing this game is to have a magical leprechaun come and bring you beer (+1 internets for whoever gets the reference).
Raikri999 wrote:

Kingdom Hearts Series:

I agree, but I wouldn't recommend Chain of Memories too much. A must-have for a KH fan, but disappointing gameplay. It's also disappointing that the "Final Mix" versions of each game are only available for Japan T_T. With the exception of Chain of Memories, which got a remake for the PS2.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
turbo  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HIGHLY suggest the game Team Fortress Classic.

It IS the greatest game of all time.
It IS the most timeless game of all time.
It requires more skill to be good at than any other game. DO NOT be turned off by this, the age of modern first-play-destroy-all games needs to end.
The variety of game play that it allows is absurd (in a good way).
It is the among the top of the most customizable games of all time. Others aren't any more customizable, but some are about the same.
It is the last game the truly bring something new to the table for FPS gaming.
It is 10 years old, so it can run on your mother's E-Machine.

Be patient with it. The better you get at, the better the game becomes, and the more you like it. I've played it since it came out. I've developed a tremendous amount of of skill, one of the best in the game. Because I'm so good at TFC, all other games are now boring and mediocre. I can go into CoD4 after not playing more than 3 times a year and have a score of 40-6 (really happened) while messing around with 55-prestige players.

Taken from my post in the TF2 thread:
Turbo wrote:
Here are some videos to get a feel for what it's like. I don't expect much of you to understand what is going on.
Primarily offense video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOCWr8gU64k

Both offense and defense sections:
http://www.own3d.tv/watch/logistica,11037.html

Trick Jumping (my friend and I made this one):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWGUoMbv-VA
The description in this last video explains a lot.

If you would like to discuss any of my claims made, please PM me on this website, or on IRC (Scrambles-... / Turbo).

PS. It's only $5 on steam. The community is very lacking in the player base, but we are all very loyal. There is a BIG difference in the public server play vs the competitive play.
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see this thread is still, albeit on the ground, still trashing for life.

A side note: I previously had these recommendations stored at work, but unfortunately my ability to add to it has become a bit limited. I'm going to go to a system of version control, but instead of using the sheet I have now, I'm going to chug through and do it over again - I have some modifications I'd like to make anyway.

So basically I'm going to be making updates to how I record these, but it's going to take a little bit so newer recs aren't going to show up for a bit. Thanks for your patience!
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megashot wrote:
Hey guys, my family recently got a Wii (my older sister did) and I'm wondering about some good games that are $20 or below. I don't have a lot of money in my bank account (only about $60 or so) but I would love to get a traditional game instead of just having Wii Sports and Wii Play. My sister got it for pretty much everyone to play, so some good games under $20 would be great. I plan on going to Gamestop tomorrow and browsing the store, but I would like some recommendations so that I'm not spending an hour looking through all the games.

Kind of Off Topic: Oddly enough, my sister's Wii had Wii Sports Resort inside the system as well. When did they start packing that into the systems? Or was it an accident? XD Either way I still need that Motion Plus so that all of us can play the Wii Sports Resort game. The Wii was factory sealed from Wal-Mart, and for some reason it has game data for "Thrillville: OTR" on the internal memory despite it being "factory sealed".

I heard that Lego Batman/Star Wars are fun, and my mom got Trivial Pursuit which is kinda fun (best with more people of course, but there is a single player).

And it was probably resealed. But hey, free Wii Sports Resort, eh? If you don't like it/can't afford Wii Motion+, sell it on eBay or something and use the money to get a better game.

Mario Party 8 (although $50) is also kinda fun. My little sisters are addicted to it. Look on eBay/Gamestop for some used games for low prices.

My recommendations:

Scribblenauts (DS) - In this game by 5th Cell, you can use roughly 22,804 words in the English dictionary to solve various puzzles, with points for creativity and not repeating words. Also comes with a level editor, although you can only make changes to existing levels. Mediocre controls, but tons of replayability. For only $30, this could be a must-have for the DS.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Some of your favorite Final Fantasy heroes come together to fight against each other in this new PSP game. Featuring fan faves such as Cloud/Sephiroth and Tidus/Jecht, 22 characters (two from I - X, one from XI and one from XII) along with cameos from other more minor characters are pitted against each other to determine the future of the Final Fantasy Universe. With many customization options - from equipment and abilities to "play plans" and "bonus days" to maximize EXP/Gil/etc. intake - and many many unlockable modes and challenges, this is a must-have for FF fans and fighting game fans alike. The $40 is totally worth it.
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
Chargus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raikri999 wrote:

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Really, I should put 'Nuff said here, but I won't. This is my favorite game ever period. It's an awesome Legend of Zelda game, and it's really beatable in a long session if you're that devoted. Buy this with Donkey Kong if you haven't played it immediately.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: 'Nuff said, the fairy doesn't annoy you that much.

I love you.

I cannot even express how much I love MM, I keep putting it in my N64 every year for a new run... And man is it still amazing.

It's really hard to choose my favorite game ever, but if I had to name three in no real order... LoZ: MM, OoT along with Wolfenstein Enemy Territory(I played this game SO much).
Necromac  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend some cool DS games to me?

I already have Scribblenauts and Pokemon Platinum, and I'm planning on getting the GH on tours.

Any particularly good games not in the OP yet that I'm missing out on?

Also, is GTA Chinatown Wars any good?

<--Thank You karatechess
I ed Jordan... WOOOOOOT, Thanks to lun471k for the kick-ass avitar
Qarx  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necromac wrote:
Can anyone recommend some cool DS games to me?

I already have Scribblenauts and Pokemon Platinum, and I'm planning on getting the GH on tours.

Any particularly good games not in the OP yet that I'm missing out on?

Also, is GTA Chinatown Wars any good?

Mario&Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is an OMG good game. WAAAAAAAAAY better than Partners in Time by a long shot. I still recommend PiT, but I liked BIS so much more.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village is another good game. I haven't beaten it yet, but it sure is fun. If puzzles are your cup of tea, then you'll love Professor Layton (heh, get the pun? He's british, and tea? Get it? Uh... it wasn't funny, was it?).

Contra 4 is a great game if you like shumps, even if you get it for the same reason I did: Contra and Super C on the NES are unlockables in the game.

I know you said Scribblenauts, but I still recommend it to everybody. This counts as a recommendation, too.

I'll check the games I already recommended later; as of right now, I can't think of any more games I can really recommend.

I haven't gotten any really good games for the PSP. I have Locoroco 2, Patapon, Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, and only the second two are ones I found enjoyable.

EDIT:

I just got Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII recently. I haven't really played much of either, but I can say my first impressions on both games: MGS: PO seems pretty faithful to the previous games on the PS2 so far, but I haven't gotten far enough to see this new "recruitment" feature they added for this game. As for CC: FFVII... I don't really understand the rules so far, but mashing the X button seems to work >_>.

My Backloggery
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
I just got an Xbox 360 and I need some suggestions on games that are a heck of fun on Xbox Live on multiplayer. Mostly shooters will be appreciated.
Do you really need to ask? I think it's pretty obvious what you should get.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some kind of decent RPG game on the computer (where u can download it) OR on the xbox, I plan on transferring (if i can) my pre order from MW2 to Dragon Age: Origins. Game looks awesome.

ANy suggestions? Primarily games i can download from Steam and are relitively cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: