ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Can we enforce Proof for new #1 scores?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should JCirri enforce proof for #1 scores?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 29 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 34

rabies  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Can we enforce Proof for new #1 scores? Reply with quote

I think this community is pretty much becoming seasoned. We know the regular cast of characters..we know who is topping the charts and has phenominal skill....

..and while I like seeing new players come along, nothing irks me more than seeing a new #1 score from some unknown player, who has absolutely no proof of this new #1 score which is often substantially higher than the existing #1 score which I KNOW has been accomplished through much hard work and perfect execution of the optimum star strategy.

I know the current strategy is to submit a PM to the mods and they will investigate...but sometimes this does not lead to any action. I'm sure the person in question will use the 'I don't have a camera' excuse or something...

Not saying its not legit..but it seems weak. You can at least save the game...and take a picture later of the song summary screen at a later point in time.

..and to address the 'regular' crowd who occasionally posts a high score with no proof....perhaps once your name is 'known' in the community..the rule can be a bit lax. Nobody would question any high score ES or Krim would mark down for example.....though even that maybe contested...afterall, the competition between those two is pretty furious right now...and so maybe enforcing proof would not be a bad thing...just so there is no doubt.

..man..maybe I just need to calm down... i just can't stand it when we have something cool going here, and people have to come in and corrupt it.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, you're right. I know if I'm ever gonna get a high ranked song I'm going to submit proof. It's smarter for the person to do that anyways; that way, they can ensure that they don't get busted for a score that could actually be true.

However, REQUIRING proof may be a bit difficult. Not very many people have the means to actually get proof, so that would instantly put them at a disadvantage by never being able to be #1 on this site.

This means that I am undecided, since although it is nice for the first place person to have proof, it may not be possible for them to get such proof.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I put a 3rd option in there for 'Rabies just needs to calm down'...but that did not see to take..sorry about that.

..and i am right there with you. When I first joined, I posted all my scores and thought..man...who wants to take pictures of all their scores and post that?

...then I got my first #1 score....I immediately ran all over my house looking for a camera..and had to ask here about where I could post it for free so it could be seen. Not just for this site...but mostly because it was a bit of a huge feeling of accomplishment.
popemobile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with requiring proof

i spent at least an hour trying to figure out how to get the pics on to my computer and onto this site, and it wasnt even for top five scores. I think proof should be required for first place, especially if the score is 1000 points higher than scores from people who have near perfect star power strategies and have perfected chord squeezing. I've PM'd JC about some scores but i have still seen no action taken
Matt  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for now its best to look at these things on a case by case scenario. We need to balance integrity with community. But I'll bring it up with JC.
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rabies, what sparked this rant, Shredder's 1st place score for Smoke On The Water on Hard? I, too, thought it was a little fishy beating out JCirri and Echelar by so much.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

popemobile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT:i think it was a person for a song in the fourth set on the hardest difficulty

Last edited by popemobile on Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
ES942  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was my guess.
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I speak for the administrators when I say to please refrain from mentioning names. If you are suspicious of a score, PM JCirri. Keep accusations off the Forums.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
Rabies, what sparked this rant, Shredder's 1st place score for Smoke On The Water on Hard? I, too, thought it was a little fishy beating out JCirri and Echelar by so much.

No worries, I just beat it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all is right with the world again.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Matt  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
I think I speak for the administrators when I say to please refrain from mentioning names. If you are suspicious of a score, PM JCirri. Keep accusations off the Forums.

You can PM me too :p
ES942  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echelar wrote:
dspoonrt wrote:

you're crazy
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
Echelar wrote:
dspoonrt wrote:

you're crazy

Look who's talking.
cat  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proof should be required for any top 5 score.

People can say they don't have a camera and such but here are a few points.

1. Everyone has a memory card. Even if they don't realize it's a top 5 or even top 10 score they can still take a photo of the High Scores or the Song Select screen.

2. Kids of 12 have mobile phones, these days most phones have photo taking capabilities. These phones also have MMS facilities which can be used to send a picture to an e-mail address, and who doesn't have an e-mail address?

3. Not being disrespectful to Krimsun or ES but the rivalry is pretty fierce. It could get to a point where either party could use there status as board regulars and guitar gods to post fake information. Note I'm not saying either would, but it is feasible this sort of occurance can arise.

4. Pictures are usually easy to spot if it's a fake.

To summarise, I don't think we should accept high scores without picture or video evidence. I'm never going to be anywhere as good as some of you, so am probably not qualified to even be in this debate but people can get very sensitive over "being the best" and seeing a non-pic'd high score above theres can be very annoying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: