Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jason2890 - I Still Exist
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason2890  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Jason2890 - I Still Exist Reply with quote

I still exist.

Yeah, it isn't very competitive over on the PS2 side, yet, but I'm currently ranked first overall with 23 FCs and still a ton of sightread scores to improve. It doesn't say much that I'm ranked 1st on PS2 but only 41st across all systems >_> heh.

The only notable thing I really did was FC Bark at the Moon on my second run. Other than that, I only went through and redid songs in the first few tiers and tier 5 because I enjoy those songs. I'll eventually go through and replay all the songs and hopefully get over 16 mil overall.

^lol drunk and decided to go FC this. First GH1H FC was Fire it Up. I missed the picture and forget the score though, so whatever. Going for Texas Flood now.

^FC #63! This song was so annoying, but I'm glad to finally get it out of the way. First try tonight, too! Hopefully Don't Hold Back is next. That, or FCPREMIX.

^FC #62! Take This Life was #61 but I forgot to update the thread. I got it the first time I FC'd past Solo 2, so I was lucky not to choke. Whoo!

^Geez, just before 4 days ago I had been stuck at 55 FCs for over half a year, and now I'm knocking out songs left and right. That makes #60, and I'm glad I made it a good one. Impulse is an awesome song. It took less tries than I thought it would.

^Glad to finally have this song out of the way. I hate how it sounds and it's not very fun to play. Now I have all the first 7 tiers of songs full comboed. FC #59, BOOYA. Expect Impulse for #60, because I love that song.

I picked up GH3 again a few days ago for the first time in forever and got a few new FCs. Pretty happy to get this finally. Anyone that's seen me play this song should know how crazy this is for me to have actually gotten (I tap the entire solo, and I elbow strum the part with two strums in "Start Soloing" since I don't use my pinky and my 3-finger fretting isn't really good enough to hit this solo without the aid of tapping).

Also got Rock You Like a Hurricane for FC #57 and Rock and Roll All Nite for FC #56. Pics on my score sheet if anyone's interested.

EDIT: Just FC'd War Pigs for FC #32. Half of the game down.

EDIT: FINALLY! After several runs between -1 and -5, got this the other day (messed up SP, but oh well):

EDIT: No picture, and I don't have the exact score, but it's on the leaderboards under Emptyset's tag. How is this rank 3rd? This song isn't nearly as hard as I anticipated. I messed up a lot outside of the touch-strip part of the solo at the end, so 340k at least next time I play it.

EDIT: Me and Emptyset figured out the real ways to FC a few of the Freebird solos.

Jason2890 - Freebird Solo I+J FC Hands
Emptyset - Freebird Solo C FC Hands

EDIT: YESSSS IT'S FINALLY DONE! FIRST IN THE WORLD!

PASSED THUNDERHORSE (ON EXPERT!!!) STRUMMING ONLY WITH MY BUTT!! AND WITH 4 STARS EVEN!

NOBODY HAS EVER DONE THIS BEFORE I AM THE FIRST IN THE WORLD WITH DOCUMENTED PROOF SO THIS IS AN EPIC ACCOMPLISHMENT.

HERE IS THE VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mGoe2jxsJA

Thanks to my friend Jess for recording it, and my friend Mike for letting me play his guitar with my butt.

just hanging out here streaming with my friend mike. come watch us!

EDIT: Me and dpoeschl co-op FC'd Take This Life over at Emptyset's today, and got it on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o4-n5HwLMU

Yay first place.

EDIT: come watch me stream

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jason-rocks-out

EDIT: Finally got it! After three chokes in One Last Solo, finally got FC #55!

EDIT: Inspired by Chris, so I'm going for a Cliffs of Dover FC finally since I've been trying to get there for awhile

Also probably playing TTFAF just for the lulz afterward.

EDIT: Finally did it ! Clipped my own toenails, and by myself! AND it's on video too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcDxW_37A5k

EDIT: Streaming currently OFFLINE!

EDIT: I've lost all of my respect for Emptyset. Wow, just wow. I'm tired of explaining it, just watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8LJmwddRpI

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyK0ncJmxuI

645k on TTFAF. A decent run for me, but I missed a lot of stupid easy stuff. By the way, before anyone says anything, I'm not saying "lefty flip" to make it sound impressive, because I'm left handed and that's how I play anyway. I just put "lefty flip" in the topic description in case somebody wants to see how TTFAF looks with the notes on opposite sides rather than seeing the video for the mediocre score I got.

EDIT: WOW finally did it. The first random strum in One FSA FC on LEFTY FLIP. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D-So8cIPIA

Proof that One WILL be FC'd!

Finally broke 14 million for overall career score with a cruddy improvement on Barracuda and a -2 run on Rock and Roll All Night (why I still haven't FC'd that, I don't know).

Currently streaming at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jason-rocks-out

Streaming = offline

Tapping Videos

Hands - Mosh 1 97%
Hands - Cliffs of Dover Intro Solo A+B FC
Hands - Cult of Personality Solo! FC
Hands - Cult of Personality Keep on Soloing/Don't Stop Soloing 99%
Hands - Six Solo FC

Screen Videos

Screen - Mauvais Garcon FC
Screen - Jordan 394k

EDIT: Got them to work on Youtube, so I changed all the links to be convenient Youtube links now. Whoo!
EDIT16: Streaming offline

EDIT15: I've gotten tired of GHIII so I decided to go back to 80s for a bit.

Finally 7 starred Because, It's Midnight, for 8th on Scorehero. I was working on this for awhile. Absolutely horrible percentage, but I have my own star power path that gets me a ton of points on all the parts of the solo I can combo (namely A and the beginning of B):

EDIT14: FC #52, was long overdue for this.

Missed a lot of points due to a late last activation, but it's all good. I just need Suck My Kiss and I'll have the Quickplay Exclusives FC'd.

EDIT13: Stricken Solo video with hands, tapping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCqIk2Ksxng

Also, any requests? My friend with a video camera is up for the weekend.

EDIT12: Got FC #51 today, Stricken. Whoo! I had to take the solo into practice mode, and I ended up figuring out how to tap both hard parts and got the FC. I'll probably make a hands video sometime soon so other people can see how to tap it if necessary. No pinky ftw!

EDIT11: Hit my 50th FC today, Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll! Now that I've reached my goal of 50 FCs, I'm going to work on optimizing my old scores and hopefully get back in the top 5 again.

EDIT10: Yesssss FC'd Knights of Cydonia today after many tries.

(Reason the score is so low is because of the PS2 lag spikes. I didn't use SP on it, and I was able to FC it first try because the lag spikes weren't nearly as bad)

This is my highest score on it though, which is a -1 under SP:

EDIT9: Two new FCs today, Black Magic Woman (which I forgot to look up a path for >_< and Pride and Joy, which I activated poorly on. Oh well, that's two more FCs in the bag, making 47 total.

^accidentally hit green on my Pride and Joy score, so had to get a picture of the setlist.

EDIT8: FC'd Holiday in Cambodia today for FC#44, and also got first on Mauvais Garcon.

EDIT7: Finally got my GH3 Guitar God status with a 5* on TTFAF, putting me just over 23.2 mil overall. Also FC'd In the Belly of a Shark for FC#42, but that's not nearly as cool as finally 5*ing TTFAF.

EDIT6: Broke 23 mil today with a 576k run on One. Also took first on Mauvis Garcon today, and got my 41st FC (I'm in the Band).

EDIT5: Finally FC'd Before I Forget for FC#37. (Also got Go That Far for #36, but that song sucks and nobody wants to hear about that). Would've broken 560k on Before I Forget, but I activated one note late and overran the first SP in the bridge. Oh well.

EDIT4: Got my 34th and 35th FCs with In Love and Minus Celsius, respectively. Now I have half of GHIII FC'd, yay. Also hit 22.7 mil with those scores, so I should be getting to 23 million soon.

^First place on In Love by a decent margin with a pretty good path.

^this song was a pain

EDIT3: Hit my 31st FC this morning (Reptilia) and finally broke 22 mil! Better watch out, Tapion, I'm coming up pretty quick. I still have a few easy songs to improve on, but I'll probably hit a wall around 35 FCs.

EDIT2: FC'd Cherub Rock for first place whoo!

EDIT: Got GHIII today for PS2 and played around for a bit. I'm up to the fifth tier and I have 8 FCs...here are a few of the better scores.

^2nd place for now

^also 2nd place, I know where I missed points, so I'll redo it later

^1st place for now because I have a good star power path, but I can't FC the solo ugh I'll get this soon

^sightread on La Grange which was 2nd place...picture is of the setlist since there wasn't a stat screen since it went to the Slash battle. I'll FC this next time.

^3rd on Welcome to the Jungle. -1 in a random spot in the verse, easily FC-able.

^6th place on The Way It Ends. It's pretty tough on the strumming hand, but it's fairly straightforward. If I could ever figure out the solo I can definitely break 525k or 550k on this.

More to come tomorrow, I'll try to fill in the rest of my scores and get some more FCs.

Finally got around to using the optimal path on this song (Getting the 2nd activation is tough because I only use tilt activations, but I finally got it this time).

I don't think I'll ever get this FC though. I've 100%'d this song before with bad SP and several overstrums, and I can't seem to get through the verses without overstrumming.

Over the next few days I may get a video of Six on performance mode with 330k+ or possibly a Misirlou video.

Last edited by Jason2890 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:03 am; edited 83 times in total
ultimateaggie12  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow holy shit

14 sightread FC's including Mountain Song O_O on RB2!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: ultimateaggie Wii Friend Code: 545594118477
emptyset  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I only seem to play with you when we're drinking, I forget how my best run on this song is a mediocre run for you when you're sober. Excellent job on the 361K - I wouldn't write off the FC just yet.

And please, 330K Six Perf? You can do better than that.

Also, this is old, but Jason is player 1 and I'm player 2. You had to be kidding me:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was quite the epic battle.

102 points away on a DRAGONFORCE song

haha

crazy.
samling  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emptyset wrote:
Also, this is old, but Jason is player 1 and I'm player 2. You had to be kidding me:

Haha, that reminds me of this: http://www.altered-screens.com/other/institutionalized_close.jpg. Armageddon was the winner.

NICE job on the -2 run on Miserlou. That's incredible. I consider myself a pretty decent strummer, but I've got a long way to go before I ever do anything like this.
SalBasss  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always super impressed by anyone tearing Misirlou, Six, or even TLTB up. I'll have to keep an eye out for future stuff from you, man - especially a performance mode Six. God that would be incredible.
Jason2890  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump because I got GH3 finally
Jason2890  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for Cherub Rock FC/1st place
JR626  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice FC, that ending is kinda tricky.

Congrats.
CryptopsyBodom  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job jason! We need to hang out and play soon!
Jason2890  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for 31 FCs and 22 mil (4th overall).
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for a thread from you for an age, and you pop up at last, heh. You realise you're the best left-hander on Scorehero? Along with Dr0id, anyway.

Great job on all your accomplishments, particularly Misirlou (although I know it's old by now). Keep up the good work.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
Velocity92C  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stopping by to say these are some very nice accomplishments... keep up the good work =).
Jason2890  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverSwift wrote:
I've been looking for a thread from you for an age, and you pop up at last, heh. You realise you're the best left-hander on Scorehero? Along with Dr0id, anyway.

Lefty pride! Thanks for the Misirlou comment too, heh.
Jason2890  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for first on In Love and 35 FCs.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: