SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Marching Band Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urisma wrote:
Well my first competition was Saturday in Friendswood, Texas. My school sweeped 5A, but got beat by 2 4A schools. But both have won state marching competition, and our program is only 6 ish years old, so I'd say that's pretty good. I think we can definitely make state this year.

Hey our school swept 5A at the Lamar Consolidated ISD competition this Saturday Where do you go to school? If you don't mind me asking, of course

Whether or not our band makes it to state kinda depends on me <_< I'm due for foot surgery (planterfibermitosis, yo) and since I play bass drum, I'm the only person in our 300-piece band that plays my part. We're boned if I can't march

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
Urisma  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmoArbiter wrote:
Urisma wrote:
Well my first competition was Saturday in Friendswood, Texas. My school sweeped 5A, but got beat by 2 4A schools. But both have won state marching competition, and our program is only 6 ish years old, so I'd say that's pretty good. I think we can definitely make state this year.

Hey our school swept 5A at the Lamar Consolidated ISD competition this Saturday Where do you go to school? If you don't mind me asking, of course

Whether or not our band makes it to state kinda depends on me <_< I'm due for foot surgery (planterfibermitosis, yo) and since I play bass drum, I'm the only person in our 300-piece band that plays my part. We're boned if I can't march

Didn't want to say where I go in thread, so I sent you a PM. Also, 300 people in your band? Dang. That's really big. Hope I'll get to see you at a competition!
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah if you see us I'll be the kid on crutches on the sidelines >_>

Verdict is in, I go in for surgery on the 15th so our bass line will have holes in it...joy >_>

Are you guys going to the Sam Houston contest this year?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
Urisma  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naa, we arent, I don't think. BOA this weekend, Duncanville later, then UIL area and hopefully state. We did sam houston last year, got 4th place.
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, shame. Hopefully we'll win it two years in a row

We did Duncanville two years ago I think but didn't do so good, its really random what contests we go to and I think SHSU is the first one I've been to twice, aside from UIL

I hope to see you guys perform at state, lord knows I'll have nothing else to do

Urisma  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate hate hate BOA. It's all politics, especially since all the schools that donated tons of money to them win everything. We didn't even make finals in the competition we hosted! Arg. I am angry.
louster200  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urisma wrote:
I hate hate hate BOA. It's all politics, especially since all the schools that donated tons of money to them win everything. We didn't even make finals in the competition we hosted! Arg. I am angry.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa what. You're from Woodlands (judging by your location to the side) Woodlands has a good band from what I've seen and heard from others.

Also, Ben Davis here :3 One of the largest in the state this year. ~260 people. Every contest has basically been we get second while Avon (2 time BOA grand nats champion) sweeps. >_> I'm slowly not having a good year. The band is just pissing me off.

We do have a cool show. <_< Drum break is fun.

EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for our drumline this year, we're plagued or something.

First off, 13 of our 15 drummers are returning, 8 are seniors. We have two new people. Amazing, yes? Our winds are terrible >_>

Then onto the line, our third bassist, who has been on the line for four years, moves to San Antonio, and his replacement sucks. Our lead tenor/quad player got knee surgery two weeks ago, and I'm (fourth bassist) getting foot surgery this weekend.

Balls

Urisma  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

louster200 wrote:
Urisma wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa what. You're from Woodlands (judging by your location to the side) Woodlands has a good band from what I've seen and heard from others.

Also, Ben Davis here :3 One of the largest in the state this year. ~260 people. Every contest has basically been we get second while Avon (2 time BOA grand nats champion) sweeps. >_> I'm slowly not having a good year. The band is just pissing me off.

I'm from the woodlands, doesn't mean I go there My school is actually quite new (this is out 6th ? season). I do admit, I was quite mad when I wrote that, and it's not completely true. However, it does seem that BOA is bias for schools that have a reputation (which my school does not. Ish. At least in marching band)
louster200  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urisma wrote:
louster200 wrote:
Urisma wrote:

I'm from the woodlands, doesn't mean I go there My school is actually quite new (this is out 6th ? season). I do admit, I was quite mad when I wrote that, and it's not completely true. However, it does seem that BOA is bias for schools that have a reputation (which my school does not. Ish. At least in marching band)

Ahh I see. Well, best of luck to you.

And I really guess I don't see the BOA bias since I go to a huge school with a long lasting reputation. But I do agree that there is some bias in the big events like BOA and ISSMA (indiana something something music association)

karatechess  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone going to C.O.C. this year? We made finals last year, think we ended in 2nd? Don't remember exactly. We had a competition yesterday, Volunteer Classic Marching Band Festival. 2nd place Majorettes, Guard didn't place (surprise surprise), Drum majors got 1st (with a score of 99), Percussion got first, 5 points ahead of the 2nd place percussion, and band got first. First in our class and first in combined classes A and B. No overall placement, but I'm pretty certain we got first if they did that.

Regardless, I was surprised with how well we did. I mean, we did good, but we've had a lot better runs. I think we won mainly due to the 70% music 30% visual judging, which is really weird. Regardless, we did decently.
Urisma  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... Area marching band for Houston area ish was last night, and we missed finals by a point. We were one of the earlier bands to perform, which sucks. That's happened a lot this year. Anyway, we made 5th, 7th, and 22 in music. Hu? and then about 8th and 17th in marching (There were 5 judges, 3 music and 2 marching). Same thing happened 2 years ago, where one judge gave us first in music, and a different one gave us almost last. (On a side note, the one who gave us first is a brilliant guy, with state marching bands, honor bands, and a thousand other honors. The one that gave us about last hasnt been alive as long as uor conductor has been conducting). Well, whatever. We have Duncanville competition is a week, so hopefully we will make an impact there.
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Area E champs

Urisma, there's always that one guy who just doesn't like what you do. At Area 2 years ago we were 6th after prelims and we got 4th, 6th, and 19th in music. Good luck at Duncanville

louster200  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Ben Davis is going to state again this year. I was a little nervous, but I think we can get a pretty high ranking.

Anybody here in bands that are going to compete in BOA grand nats?

CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urismo/Emo - which bands are you guys in?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: