ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Purple line solos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xS1cKH47VdZx  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Purple line solos Reply with quote

is it just me or are these solos just hard. i can hit just about anything but if it is made see through then its just not happening. does anyone know why?
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple notes are actually broken. It's harder to combo these parts because you unintentionally abuse the timimg window. The only thing I can think of to get around it is to hold all lower frets when needed (e.g. should be played as , etc).

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
olle92  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueTornado wrote:
Purple notes are actually broken.

What does that mean?

GesterX  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

olle92 wrote:
BlueTornado wrote:

What does that mean?

It means that they don't work like normal hammer-ons and each "purple line solo" as you call them has to be worked out.

For example a lot of people complain about the short one in Living on a Prayer. Even though it's very easy a lot of people will randomly drop notes there for seemingly no reason.

I have to admit I was skeptical at first but when people like Lo7 and BaseballKid, who have FCed Jordan (on the GH2 engine which is much much stricter), come out and say something doesn't feel right it pretty much confirms there is something wrong.

So in order to hit them I would take them into practice and "figure out" a way to hit each individual section.

On a side note these sections in GH:M are fixed.
olle92  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
olle92 wrote:
BlueTornado wrote:

What does that mean?

It means that they don't work like normal hammer-ons and each "purple line solo" as you call them has to be worked out.

For example a lot of people complain about the short one in Living on a Prayer. Even though it's very easy a lot of people will randomly drop notes there for seemingly no reason.

I have to admit I was skeptical at first but when people like Lo7 and BaseballKid, who have FCed Jordan (on the GH2 engine which is much much stricter), come out and say something doesn't feel right it pretty much confirms there is something wrong.

So in order to hit them I would take them into practice and "figure out" a way to hit each individual section.

On a side note these sections in GH:M are fixed.

oh, thanks. i haven't really played WT because i find the purplenotes hard to hit. but now that iknow why, ill definitely go back and try to get some fcs.

UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueTornado wrote:
Purple notes are actually broken. It's harder to combo these parts because you unintentionally abuse the timimg window. The only thing I can think of to get around it is to hold all lower frets when needed (e.g. should be played as , etc).

Purple notes aren't broken. They have pretty much the same timing window as the regular HO/POs, which get tighter the faster the notes come.

The difference with purple notes is explainable by this example:

Say you have a pattern at about 12 NPS. If you try to do it as , the yellow note will be skipped because the red note would've been played before the yellow note, which will cause you to miss, of course.

Another thing is, people expect the purple notes to be different. For sure, they are graphically different. That makes some people think they are gonna be easier or have a completely different window than the regular HO/POs, which makes them hit 'em a bit later than they would normally hit regular HO/POs. Result: miss!

My only tip is to try to hit them a tad in front of the time they come. If you don't like that way of playing, try changing your video lag.

/speculation

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Parama  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, in GHWT, they have no back end. That's fixed in GHM though.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
Also, in GHWT, they have no back end. That's fixed in GHM though.

To be exact, in GHWT, the back-end gets tighter as the notes get faster and closer to each other. As you said, it's fixed in GHM (but tightened up for strumming sections).

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: