ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Questions, getting a second pedal....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyleKorver  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Questions, getting a second pedal.... Reply with quote

So today i received my second pedal (it's a RB set btw), but won't be able to test until monday, so i wanted to ask questions to those playing any GH/RB with 2 pedals(just regular songs on Expert, no Expert+):

a)Is it easy getting used to using both feet on quick double hits, or does your brain stick to the "move the right leg quickly twice" thing?

b)Is there a noticeable increase in scores?

i guess that's it

jeffo2448 wrote:
Van Halen - .... umm... he's having a WHOLE game devoted to him
RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess the only thing where i see it becomes easier is on the tool songs and scream aim fire on ghwt. There are a couple songs on ghm where double pedal could help you on expert without x+ (Hit the lights mainly)

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyWaffle wrote:
i guess the only thing where i see it becomes easier is on the tool songs and scream aim fire on ghwt. There are a couple songs on ghm where double pedal could help you on expert without x+ (Hit the lights mainly)

The intro fills on SAF? I find those much easier with just one foot. I guess Tool, and the three Metal Blade Record tracks would be easier with two feet.

I've only really used my on On Broken Glass. But if you're looking for another on disc song, American Woman can die in a fire. I know I'm horrible at the main kick pedal beats, but seriously; they're at just the most awkward speed for my right foot. Anything faster or slower would be better. Whenever I use both pedals, it isn't as hard.

I have two MadCatz portable drum pedals, so it's a pain to hit double taps using it because of how RB drum pedals work. If I could hook up two World Tour pedals I could start practicing some crazy shit

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, your left leg will not want to co-operate.

I would suggest playing regular Expert or even Hard, but using your left foot for all the kicks, just to build up the endurance and independence.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: