Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rivalry of Mediocre Expert GH Players
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laupow17  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: The Rivalry of Mediocre Expert GH Players Reply with quote

Ok, ok, so I know I'm not the first person to come up with the idea of a rivalry of not-so-elite GH players, but it seems that even the definition of average on ScoreHero means at least 50 FCs... And unfortunately some of us just don't quite make the mark. This rivalry is for us.

Admins:
RichardGHP (PM him with your scores for the Expert rivalry!)
blackhawk12 (PM him with your scores for the Hard rivalry!)
laupow17 (Say nice things to him so that he doesn't bring the smackdown on your ass.) (Jk, jk. I'm a nice admin)

Rules and stuff:
1) 2 Expert songs and one Hard song will be picked a week, and who gets to pick the songs will rotate every week down the list of participants found below. The Expert songs are intended to improve overall, the Hard songs are intended to refine squeezing and activation techniques.
2) The songs can be from any game, as long as everybody has the game (so if you join, make sure to name which games you have).
3) Keep in mind that the fundamental goal of this rivalry is to improve, not to win... So don't pick a song that you're naturally extremely good at just to win...
4) Obviously, the highest scores on each song determine each week's winner, but I have a special scoring system in mind that I want to run by you guys and see what you think.
5) This is not my rivalry; it's everybody's. So if you have suggestions to make, I'd love to hear input!
6) Pictures of scores are not required, just PM RichardGHP your scores, please! But if you're proud of your score, by all means, take a picture!
7) No singling people out as being un-mediocre. It's unsporting and makes them feel unnecessarily self-conscious.

Please, please join if you're interested. Everyone is welcome, even if you have Through The Fire And Flames FCed already... (Just keep in mind, though, the competition for you will be pretty boring).

Also worth noting is that you are allowed to join this rivalry at any time. The only penalty you'll incur is last place points on all the songs in the weeks you missed, but because of the unique scoring system, that doesn't put you out of the running. By the way, I probably should get to the scoring:

Expert rivalry rules
My plan for the Expert part of the scoring is kind of like the scoring in golf. The lower the better.

Each person will start with a score of 0. The person who gets first on a song will get 1 point for that song. The person who gets second on a song will get 2 points, third 3 points. etc... An FC of a song chosen will earn you -1 points. (And you don't have to get the FC of a song the week the song is due; the -1 rule will apply for all the songs picked throughout the entire rivalry). You will also get -1 if somebody else picks a song you've already FCed (you'll have to communicate to me somehow that you've FCed it). (I might change this rule later, though.)

Hard rivalry rules
As I mentioned above, we also have an additional rivalry going on involving songs on Hard level. AJ (blackhawk12) will be spearheading this effort, so PM him with your Hard scores if you participate in the hard part of the rivalry. I really don't know the finer details of this rivalry yet because it's AJ's brainchild and I'm hoping he has some good ideas.

P.S.
I have GH1, GH2, GH:80s (just got it!), GH3, GH: Aerosmith, and GH: WT.

Standings
1PARTYBOY1: 4
vlad-: 11
illiniguy: 18
blackhawk12: 12
stubbscroll: 20
RichardGHP: 24
laupow17: 24
eagle777: 17

Week #2 Songs
1) In The Belly Of A Shark
2) Through The Fire And Flames

Vlad - ITBOAS – 321,394 *FC* 3
TTFAF – 631,317 2

AJ – ITBOAS – 325,570 *FC* 2
TTFAF – 557,791 3

stubbscroll – ITBOAS – 306,656 5
TTFAF – 492,394 4

Jon – ITBOAS – 330,042 *FC* 1
TTFAF – 0 7

Sidney – ITBOAS – 330,934 *FC* 0
TTFAF - 727,600 1

Jesus – ITBOAS – 284,770 *FC* 6
TTFAF – 473,561 5

Richard – ITBOAS – 286,680 6
TTFAF – 417,073 6

Total points for this week:

Sidney – 1, winner of this week
AJ – 5
Vlad – 5
Jon – 8
stubbscroll - 9
Jesus – 11
Richard - 12

Winner Of Cycle 1: blackhawk12

Jon's 1337 List of Gold Star Recipients
Richard: 2
AJ: 1
Jesus: 1 (I really think he deserves another one. He sold me his soul!!! Oh...and died for our sins. That too.)
voidedalive2x: 1 (I give this one somewhat reluctantly. It's not like he gave me his soul or something...)

Jon's Soul Count: Mwahahhahahhahahahhahahhahaha

Songs That Have Already Been Picked
Suck My Kiss
Before I Forget
Impulse
Monsters
Knights Of Cydonia
Cherub Rock
The Metal
School's Out
Down 'N Dirty
Black Sunshine
Cult Of Personality
Number Of The Beast
Mauvais Garcon
Same Old Song And Dance
Stricken
F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.
FC 40 Expert GH3X songs [X] #40, Monsters
FC 50 Expert GH3X songs [ ] 49, Pride And Joy
FC 20 GH1X Songs [X] #20, Sharp Dressed Man
FC 25 GH1X Songs [ ] 23, The Breaking Wheel
My Accomplishment Thread
^^Please, please tell me what you think I should go for next! =)

Last edited by laupow17 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:50 am; edited 112 times in total
1PARTYBOY1  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for this if more people join. I have GH2, GH3, GH:WT, and GH:M.
I have 40 GH3 FC's but looking at your scores i think were pretty close in skill level.

Goals: 55 FC''s GH3X[](54); 700K TTFAF[](646k) My Accomplishments
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xPartyBoyxBB
Fannypack  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill join got I got GH3 and WT and RB2 if you want to count that and I have GH2 if I can find a working playstation

Anyone want to 1v1 quickscopes/noscopes on mw2 (360) add my gt JesusHellz
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 090353049866
soccerkeeper212  

Location: On a little island no one cares about: AKA Long Island

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THNX 4 GIVING ME CREDIT FOR THE IDEA!!!
Well, for an "average" explanation, it got confusing due to the fact that we are using multiple games. It became hard to judge. Also, surprisingly, 40-50 FCs IS average, statistically.
Wow why am I making excuses for myself? I just f*cked up.

Now that my self reflection is over, good luck with the rivalry!
No damn it Chris Vance is the direct cause of everything bad about rhythm games. You know when your drums miss a note? Vance. When the person you're playing with disconnects right at the end of the song? Vance. When your drum pedal breaks? Vance. He was hired only so that they could contain him only to making really hard note charts. You know how GH:M turned out so well? That Kirk Battle actually exists, and they managed to have Chris's overcharting powers concentrated entirely on that song. 10 QA testers gave their lives trying to play that song. On the last venue it's not Cthulu behind the ice, it's the concentrated evil of Chris Vance's charting abilities made manifest.
My accomps
laupow17  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soccerkeeper212 wrote:
THNX 4 GIVING ME CREDIT FOR THE IDEA!!!

Thanks for the warm wishes, but I'm sure you're not the first person to come up with the idea.

soccerkeeper212 wrote:
Also, surprisingly, 40-50 FCs IS average, statistically.

While I don't dispute that, I haven't seen any "statistics" that would indicate what average is on ScoreHero is at all, whether it be 6 FCs or 60... I wouldn't be surprised at all if 40 were average; I just haven't seen anything substantive one way or the other.

Anyway, we got two contenders already! I'll add you guys to the list!
My Accomplishment Thread

TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'll join. I've only got GH2, GH3 and a half working copy of RB2.

Some slogans for Scorehero, courtesy of Sloganizer
Scorehero. Impossible is nothing
I'd sleep with Scorehero
Some for TheTrueSatanist:
Jesus loves TheTrueSatanist
Archang3L  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I'll take part.

I'm not as good as some of you guys, but oh well. :P

I have GH2, GH3, GHA, GHWT and GHM

"You're not smart. You're not a scientist. You're not a doctor. You're not even a full time employee. Where did your life go so wrong?"
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Archang3L666
laupow17  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1PARTYBOY1 wrote:
I'm up for this if more people join. I have GH2, GH3, GH:WT, and GH:M.
I have 40 GH3 FC's but looking at your scores i think were pretty close in skill level.

I'm not so sure about that, but thanks.

Anyway, you were the first person to reply, so you have the honors of picking the first week's songs! (They'll have to be from GH3 until Fannypack gets a PlayStation.)

My plan was to have the scores regularly due by 11:59 pm on Saturday, but I'm thinking of making this week's scores only due next Saturday (that is, almost two weeks from now) just to give some more time to people who might want to join this week. But 1PARTYBOY1, go ahead and reply to the thread with your song choices (2 of them) if you'd like. We'll just have some extra time for your choices.
My Accomplishment Thread

1PARTYBOY1  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laupow17 wrote:

Anyway, you were the first person to reply, so you have the honors of picking the first week's songs! (They'll have to be from GH3 until Fannypack gets a PlayStation.)

My plan was to have the scores regularly due by 11:59 pm on Saturday, but I'm thinking of making this week's scores only due next Saturday (that is, almost two weeks from now) just to give some more time to people who might want to join this week. But 1PARTYBOY1, go ahead and reply to the thread with your song choices (2 of them) if you'd like. We'll just have some extra time for your choices.

My choices are Before I Forget and Suck My Kiss. I need some motivation to FC those.

Goals: 55 FC''s GH3X[](54); 700K TTFAF[](646k) My Accomplishments
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xPartyBoyxBB
stubbscroll  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't participated in a rivalry in ages, and I'd like to join. I need motivation to improve my scores.

I guess I am mediocre, I have ~20 FC's in GH3, and very few in the newer games. I currently have access to GH2, GH3, GH:WT, GH:M and GH:SH, all on the 360. I also own GH1 and GH80's for the PS2, but I don't have access to them until the next semester starts (didn't bring them home for the summer).

laupow17  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stubbscroll wrote:
I haven't participated in a rivalry in ages, and I'd like to join. I need motivation to improve my scores.

I guess I am mediocre, I have ~20 FC's in GH3, and very few in the newer games. I currently have access to GH2, GH3, GH:WT, GH:M and GH:SH, all on the 360. I also own GH1 and GH80's for the PS2, but I don't have access to them until the next semester starts (didn't bring them home for the summer).

Not a month ago, I had 16 GH3 FCs. I'm not kidding. Look at my scores if you don't believe me. So have hope.

And 1PARTYBOY1, you have no idea how happy you've made me picking Before I Forget. That was the song I was going to pick.

Suck My Kiss though...ach...
My Accomplishment Thread

blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll also join.

I have GH 1, 2, 80's, and 3.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.
Archang3L  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this will pretty much only be GH2 - GH3 songs?

They seem to be the only games that everyone here has.

"You're not smart. You're not a scientist. You're not a doctor. You're not even a full time employee. Where did your life go so wrong?"
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Archang3L666
laupow17  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archang3L wrote:

Actually, until Fannypack gets a PlayStation, they'll have to be from GH3.... That's ok, though. I have plenty of songs to go after in GH3 anyway.
My Accomplishment Thread

Archang3L  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laupow17 wrote:
Archang3L wrote:

Actually, until Fannypack gets a PlayStation, they'll have to be from GH3.... That's ok, though. I have plenty of songs to go after in GH3 anyway.

Alright, well I'd better get to work on Before I Forget. I'm utterly hopeless at that song.

Hopefully I'll be able to 5* it for the first time.

I can't remember how I usually go on Suck My Kiss. I remember that song annoyed me, but I'll have to play again to make sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 1 of 67

Jump to: