ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH controlling your life?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: GH controlling your life? Reply with quote

Does anyone else actually feel that although you enjoy GH integrated with Scorehero, that GH is controlling/ruining your life? For example, sometimes I'll get home real late (around 1 am) knowing I have to get up in 6 hours, and then, stupidly, I'll sit down at the computer and check the scorehero forums. I'll look at all the new things that people have said, and then respond to things that interest me. Then, as I look at people's score and recently added scores, I'll look over at my SG controller and stare at it for a minute. I'll say to myself, "Well...I guess I can just try CFH once or twice to see if I do any better...I'll only play for about 15 minutes." I say that EVERY time, and let me tell you...before I know it it somehow has become 4 am, with me occasionally being stoked that I got a new high core, or most likely being pissed off that I ruined an FC or screwed up some dumbass part. Following that, I usually sigh, put the guitar down, turn off the TV, and get into bed asking myself "WHY did I stay up doing that AGAIN???" To top that off, I get up in the morning having gotten about 4 hours of sleep, and then before I go anywhere, the first thing I do is check ScoreHero!! I swear this game is controlling my life, and sometimes I feel like it's ruining it. Damn this addiction...

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Anthony  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: GH controlling your life? Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
I'll say to myself, "Well...I guess I can just try CFH once or twice to see if I do any better...I'll only play for about 15 minutes."

Well the time must've payed off with your new score of 418k, very impressive.

And yeah.. I apologize for ruining everyone lives (including my own).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: GH controlling your life? Reply with quote

Don't feel too bad... The following is courtesy of my favorite beverage. DAMN YOU BEER!!!

DiscGolferFry wrote:
Does anyone else actually feel that although you enjoy *Coors Light* integrated with *Aqua Teen Hunger Force*, that *Coors Light* is controlling/ruining your life? For example, sometimes I'll get home real late (around 1 am) knowing I have to get up in 6 hours, and then, stupidly, I'll sit down at the *TV* and check the *fridge*. I'll look at all the new things that people have *forgotten in there*, and then *drink the* things that interest me. Then, as I look at *the Girls Gone Wild* and *the stupid,* recently *ubiquitous, singles commercials*, I'll look over at my *monkey* and stare at it for a minute. I'll say to myself, "Well...I guess I can just try *spanking* once or twice to see if I do any better...I'll only play for about 15 minutes." I say that EVERY time, and let me tell you...before I know it *I'm chafed and* it somehow has become 4 am, with me occasionally being stoked that I got a new *strange look from the dog*, or most likely being pissed off that I ruined an *afghan throw* or screwed up some dumbass part. Following that, I usually sigh, put the *rubber duckie* down, turn off the TV, and get into bed asking myself "WHY did I stay up doing that AGAIN???" To top that off, I get up in the morning having gotten about 4 hours of sleep, and then before I go anywhere, the first thing I do is check *the fridge again*!! I swear this *Rocky Mountain Elixir is* controlling my life, and sometimes I feel like it's ruining it. Damn this addiction...

Thank you, folks! Shows at 8 and 11... Tip your waitress... Try the veal !!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
trofl  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: GH controlling your life? Reply with quote

discgolferpro wrote:
DiscGolferFry wrote:
<snip>

Not sure about the beverage of choice, but ATHF being a problem, yes. My friends can't watch that show anymore because I always spoil the episodes for them.

My problem isn't GH and ScoreHero, it's GH and ScoreHero, BMUS and Matt's IIDX Score Tracker, having a DDREx machine on campus...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
UltraPants  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely sympathize with you JHetfield...

I've lately found myself getting home around 12:30am to 1:00am, think "I'll just shower, go to sleep, and then just play in the morning". And even though I expect myself to have that willpower every time, I still end up picking up my SG, turning the PS2 on, and then playing until about 4:00am. At that point, I go to sleep usually, get to sleep, set my alarm for about 7 hours later, get up, and go right back to playing, despite the committments I have later on that day, I'll usually play until about 15 minutes before I have to be somewhere, and rush out (clothed, mind you) and just get wherever right on time instead of a couple minutes early, and can't help but think "...You know, this would've been a lot less stressful and lot easier had I not played that song those last three times...".

May the future have mercy on our dedication to video games come November of this year.
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH makes me late for work.

Well I'm always late anyway, GH is just the most recent cause.

Oh, and FWIW Sealab > ATHF

*prepares for flaming*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellion42 wrote:
Oh, and FWIW Sealab > ATHF

Eh, Sealab has its moments. I just prefer animated fast food . And Carl.

"Look, all I know is that this cord here was plugged into my house, and your house was glowing like the frickin' sun! So I put two and two together there eh, and decided that you're PISSIN' ME OFF."
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
ES942  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez, thank god it came out when i was only 14.
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sympathize with both JHetfield and DiscGolferPro. I'm really addicted to GH/ScoreHero and fairly addicted to alcohol. Lately though I haven't even been drinking that much because it makes me play a lot worse at GH. I probably skipped 2/3 of my classes last quarter in college just to play this damn game. And the next couple are only going to be worse with GH2 coming out...

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

achat  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, where do i start? well, i guess the first signs of total addiction were clear when i bought the game during finals week for my first semester of college, and i actually justified not studying because "people play counterstrike for a living, right?" (by the way me and my roommates played for over 12 hours the first full day we had the game) this was, of course, before scorehero came out, and before i was really any good, but after i beat cowboys from hell on expert at the end of the second week, i was done for. it's gotten to the point now where i'm considering telling my dad he can "take this job and shove it" because i can't seem to take back my 6th place ranking. and it's pissing me off. but i'm gunning for it.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think that the creation of Scorehero was JCirri's secret plan to keep the rest of society occupied doing impractical activities while he divulges his awesome 2000 ft. tall robot that will SOON TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!

Batteries not included

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: GH controlling your life? Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
Does anyone else actually feel that although you enjoy GH integrated with Scorehero, that GH is controlling/ruining your life? For example, sometimes I'll get home real late (around 1 am) knowing I have to get up in 6 hours, and then, stupidly, I'll sit down at the computer and check the scorehero forums. I'll look at all the new things that people have said, and then respond to things that interest me. Then, as I look at people's score and recently added scores, I'll look over at my SG controller and stare at it for a minute. I'll say to myself, "Well...I guess I can just try CFH once or twice to see if I do any better...I'll only play for about 15 minutes." I say that EVERY time, and let me tell you...before I know it it somehow has become 4 am, with me occasionally being stoked that I got a new high core, or most likely being pissed off that I ruined an FC or screwed up some dumbass part. Following that, I usually sigh, put the guitar down, turn off the TV, and get into bed asking myself "WHY did I stay up doing that AGAIN???" To top that off, I get up in the morning having gotten about 4 hours of sleep, and then before I go anywhere, the first thing I do is check ScoreHero!! I swear this game is controlling my life

wow i do that exact same thing and i cannot stand it either. i used to think that i played Halo too much... damn, was i wrong.

speaking of Halo playing it online drunk tonight, if anyone would like to join me send me a friend request. Rampage Riley is the name.
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
Batteries not included

Giant robots don't need batteries. They feed off of pirates and ninjas.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt study for any of my finals at all, instead i played GH

granted, i did get all A's anyway and i wouldn't have studied regardless, but GH is my excuse

i would have been fired from my job, if i had one, long ago because of GH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: