ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Don't Hold Back FC Help please- Hitting the Phazers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akeller4265  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Don't Hold Back FC Help please- Hitting the Phazers Reply with quote

Ok, so I have 66 full combos in Guitar Hero 3. This song is the last one I have to go before Raining Blood and I still am not at all consistent with either of the Phazers. If anyone has any techniques that may help me/people who have fc'd the song before, please give your advice.

I don't know if it is at all weird that I have fc'd the Way It Ends before this, but I feel that I could fc that 5 more times before getting Don't Hold Back. Help me with this please!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I can't be of much help, as I have not FC'ed the song, but I did notice that you are a new poster, so I would like to welcome you to this wonderful community. I recommend reading these threads:

New to ScoreHero? Read here!

Forum Rules and User Agreement

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing much to do except being lucky to hit both Phazers in the same run.

Anyway, to hit them I suggest not strumming too fast (strum at TTFAF speed) during the groups of 2, and then speed up in the long streak of greens/oranges, and slow down again. Make sure to change frets at the right time.

The method you probably shouldn't try, because it's painful, is using every single HO/PO. I've tried it, it works, but OWWWW. Poor right arm.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have *technically* FC'd this song, but it was what some would call a "lolFC"--meaning that there was very little consistency/practice involved, it just... happened. So, take my words into consideration, give it a shot, but take them lightly--they are not concrete.

In all honsety, I just kinda spammed my strumming. The huge timing window lets you abuse it, but the fact is, that strumming is pretty damn fast (~17.1 nps?). Maybe it's just me, but... I was strumming really, really fast and never broke combo. I'm not sure what to tell you exactly. I'm not sure if it's important, but just note that the strumming there is all in triplets--6 notes to a beat, even though they're grouped in 2's.

As for the fretting, I suggest changing frets earlier than you would think to, DEFINITELY not later (unless you're using the HO/POs, but that goes against my above statement. If you wanna try it that way, sure, but it's not what I'm getting at). It's general, really: Spam strum and go down and back up the scale. Believe it or not, the strumming is actually very linear, despite its appearence.

My apologies for not being able to offer any more advice, there really wasn't a whole lot that went into mine. I hope this can be a little food for thought, though, and maybe it did some good. Good luck!!

I'm still stuck at 63 gold stars. *resent*
Fannypack  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strum kinda slow (lolnou not real slow but yesh) then i strum fast if you know what I mean

Anyone want to 1v1 quickscopes/noscopes on mw2 (360) add my gt JesusHellz
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 090353049866
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, there actually IS a method to get consistent. The first phazer ends like this:

Now, normally, if you start on a downstrum, you'll end on an up-strum if you strum through the whole thing. But do NOT do that! Strum it all except these last 4 green notes! There, you should use the first Ho/Po, and do a quick gallop (DUD).

The same goes for the second phazer. It ends on:

And if you're strumming it all, you'll end on an up-strum. Instead, use the last orange Ho/Po and down-strum the last orange. Takes some time to learn, but once you get consistent it'll be easy to FC the song. Good luck !

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strum slower then you think, Fret faster then you think. And figure out which strum it ends and starts on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
There's nothing much to do except being lucky to hit both Phazers in the same run.

Yeah, pretty much this. Being consistent at the phazers is really not something easy to do, at all.

Anyways, strumming the greens at the right speed (which is REALLY fast) and then strumming the other frets at about half-speed is pretty much your best shot. Pay more attention to your fret changes than your strumming speed.

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
The method you probably shouldn't try, because it's painful, is using every single HO/PO. I've tried it, it works, but OWWWW. Poor right arm.

Really? Did you downstrum? It's like 8.5 nps. I could probably do it with some practice, but...this looks easier;

hdhuhdhuhdhuhd
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I dont see how it could be easier, especially with the gh3 engine. That is pretty much a little slower version of Ballroom Blitz.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only just FCed this song about 2 hours ago, and now i can hit the Phazers everytime. The key is to not stop strumming through the whole thing, and making sure you put your finger down as soon as the next colour reaches the circle. Before and not after. I uploaded a video as well oh both Phazer FC's and my strumming hand, so you can get a hint of how fast you should strum. If you want the link, just ask.

oddlyuneven  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordvader178 wrote:
I only just FCed this song about 2 hours ago, and now i can hit the Phazers everytime. The key is to not stop strumming through the whole thing, and making sure you put your finger down as soon as the next colour reaches the circle. Before and not after. I uploaded a video as well oh both Phazer FC's and my strumming hand, so you can get a hint of how fast you should strum. If you want the link, just ask.

I would like to see a video of you FCing the phazers 5 times in a row...

The thing that sucks about DHB is not necessarily the Phazer in itself, it's that there has to be two sets of Phazers . Anybody can get lucky and hit them one time, but to combine that with getting lucky and hitting them again in the same run, especially when you're a nervous wreck already after hitting the first Phazer??? This song sucks to FC, and I feel sure I will never be able to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHB is a REALLY hard FC. I've practiced the Phazers over and over and over and not learned any solid method to FC either. I guess my best advice would be to practice Phazer II more than I, because it's harder (for some reason, though the speeds are the same ... I would say it's due to nerves) and to figure out where your up and downstrums are. Both end on a downstrum if you strum straight through, but you have to be careful, because if you strum too slowly you'll end up having a hammeron register and will overstrum at the end due to that or will overstrum right where the hammeron is.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Pas26  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the HOPOs is very hard. However, with some practice you can "feel" the right strumming speed to strum what you want, and end on a down-strum (or up if you prefer). FCed this 3 times, including twice in random run (and I guess in a row, but they was a pretty long time between them). I could make a vid of me hitting Phazer 1 5 times in a row if you want, oddlyuneven.

Almost forgot: I prefer to slow my strumming down at the end of phazer 2 and use a couple of HOPOs. Practice Phazer 2, get semi-consistent then get a lucky run with Phazer 1 (It's at the beginning of the song so just restart if you miss). And if you feel like it you could gallop the last 3 greens of P1. You can just strum until the last HOPOs, then do a quick gallop (d-u-d).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i strummed it all fast actually o.O i have a video showing how i strummed it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDzjMXkvZ2k
lordvader178  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddlyuneven wrote:

I would like to see a video of you FCing the phazers 5 times in a row...

The thing that sucks about DHB is not necessarily the Phazer in itself, it's that there has to be two sets of Phazers . Anybody can get lucky and hit them one time, but to combine that with getting lucky and hitting them again in the same run, especially when you're a nervous wreck already after hitting the first Phazer??? This song sucks to FC, and I feel sure I will never be able to do it.

I will do my best But which Phazer?

The second Phazer for me is alot easier then the first, only because it starts off by going down. I dunno why, but my mentality is just the fact that ths second phazer comes, bam easy, but the first Phazer comes it was a 50/50 chance i would hit it.

It's more a matter of pressing your fingers at the right time then it is getting lucky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: