ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH: WT PC Customs ARE HERE (w/ TUTORIAL)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kielidge  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the xendecrypter on the rooftops_2.fsb.xen file, this obviously gave me the decrypted file. I then used the FSB extractor on this page: http://aluigi.altervista.org/search.php?src=encrypted (Ctrl + F FSB to find it).
I used that to extract what the decryptor decrypted and the result was very strange, it was the mp3 of the vocals, but it was distorted and was also slowed down. I am going to play around for the mp3 for a bit, if I find anything else I shall make another post.
choseh  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there. i presented the problem to some people i know and i wanna thank zerox for providing me with a tool that allows me to split the waves into usable parts. you still gotta guess how many different samples there are inside the wave.

let's say we have byob_drumcymbal.wav this contains 4 different "tracks" for the cymbals so you run splitt.exe byob_drumcymbal.wav 4 and it splits into 4 usable tracks! \o/

tool can be downloaded here:
http://choseh.de/~chosi/kram/splitt.zip

happy guessing
Kielidge  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice tool! Thanks!

So I played around with this for while and found out a few interesing things:

The songname_1.fsb.xen files contain the drum tracks. The wav of this file is always, out of what i've tested, split into 4 files (This, I hope, means it's not random). The 4 files are different parts of the drums.

The songname_2.fsb.xen files contain lead guitar, rythm and vocals. These files are always split into 3 seperate files using the splitt.exe tool (Again this is out of the songs I tested, so it may not always be 3, but more than likely is because i've not come across one that isn't, yet).

songname_3.fsb.xen files are quite strange, to me they just contain random guitar sounds and 2 empty wavs (The wav file has the word crowd in it, which may give a hint to what these are used for). These files were split into 4.

Some songs I could not test because they could not be extracted by the fsb extractor, i'm guessing the decryption of the xen files is a little different for these ones. Songs that did not work for me are: Crazy Train and What I've done. I didn't test all songs so there could be more (I might consider writing an app to test all of the songs...) Also I could not get the dlc.fsb.xen files to extract, but I only tried 2 so one of them might.

Hopefully this helps.
choseh  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldn't extract hot for teacher as it's giving me weird chars while extracting. dunno. but yes. drum tracks (file 1) are usually 4 tracks and vocallead are 3
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. That splitt tool you linked to doesn't work for me. It keeps crashing when I try and run it. Is there anything I need installed to make it run?

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:
Oh my god I've never seen a bunch of bitching children like this before.

OMG I got perma-rockered! /world

So fucking what. Play your plastic guitar and get over it.
choseh  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm don't know. just go to start -> run -> cmd -> press enter
then go to the folder where the splitt.exe is, copy some wav inside that folder and use it like that: splitt.exe wavefilename.wav 4 (for drums) or 3 for the vocallead wave (which consists of vocals and guitars), crowd files usually consist of 2 tracks

that's what you get
choseh  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kielidge wrote:
Very nice tool! Thanks!

So I played around with this for while and found out a few interesing things:

The songname_1.fsb.xen files contain the drum tracks. The wav of this file is always, out of what i've tested, split into 4 files (This, I hope, means it's not random). The 4 files are different parts of the drums.

The songname_2.fsb.xen files contain lead guitar, rythm and vocals. These files are always split into 3 seperate files using the splitt.exe tool (Again this is out of the songs I tested, so it may not always be 3, but more than likely is because i've not come across one that isn't, yet).

songname_3.fsb.xen files are quite strange, to me they just contain random guitar sounds and 2 empty wavs (The wav file has the word crowd in it, which may give a hint to what these are used for). These files were split into 4.

Some songs I could not test because they could not be extracted by the fsb extractor, i'm guessing the decryption of the xen files is a little different for these ones. Songs that did not work for me are: Crazy Train and What I've done. I didn't test all songs so there could be more (I might consider writing an app to test all of the songs...) Also I could not get the dlc.fsb.xen files to extract, but I only tried 2 so one of them might.

Hopefully this helps.

yeah there are plenty of songs that won't work. sometimes the drum fsb won't extract, sometimes the crowd one. somebody should check that xendecrypt thing. we need a version that does it properly
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pointless observation:

I copied and renamed assassin_1.fsb.xen, or whatever its called, to byob_1.fsb.xen. No music at all played. Which was strange, seeing as how the other 2 files are there, the other tracks should have played.

And again, this was just a pointless observation i made. Dont think this will help, but you never know.

My Youtube | iPhone RockBand Customs Research | My Twitter, with my GH/RB updates!
SThorpe wrote:

so did anyone get to touch Matt's Banstick? O_o

EviLize wrote:

Yeah, while he was playing pop'n I was playing around with it for a little bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TehMinja1134
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no matter, I have a different program that extracted the .wav's and the clue is when you extract the multi-channel .wav from the .fsb container, look at how many channels fsbext says the .wav has. The .wav file will actually have half that many channels.

E.g. If fsbext says it has 8 channels, then it really has 4. (Courtesy of bnw)

Now, I really wish some of these tools would be programmed in C#. Everyone does it in C and I have A LOT of trouble reading that :P

Anyways I am going to see if I can make a multichannel .wav in Audacity. Then I'm going to see if I can make an encrypter, but I'll probably fail.

Anyway, someone needs to work on the note charts. If you need help on getting the sections, PM me. I can get the note charts split into their sections (e.g. byob_song_expert, etc.) but I can't seem to get any matches with GameZelda's specs. Idk. Oh well.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

TSorbera  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXyron1134 wrote:
Pointless observation:

I copied and renamed assassin_1.fsb.xen, or whatever its called, to byob_1.fsb.xen. No music at all played. Which was strange, seeing as how the other 2 files are there, the other tracks should have played.

And again, this was just a pointless observation i made. Dont think this will help, but you never know.
The same thing happens in GH3 PC, i.e. renaming the music files makes them not work. I'm guessing the file name is listed or implied somewhere in the file(s, for GH3). (of course, GHTCP uses new file names, so it's possible to use custom names, just a direct file rename won't work)
GHTCP (Guitar Hero Three Control Panel) - for all your GH3 PC needs*
*not quite all needs, but for custom songs, custom game images, black background speed boost, and more
howlong  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool stuff :3 if you got all the command line tools worked out and actually got customs running, but only through cmd i could make a gui tool for it. im still working on my gh3 ps2 ghi tool. which is actually almost done, accept damn vista not working.. anywho, drop me a pm sometime.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: lilhaywood999
thepoop555  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another little update. I don't know why, but when I looked at the .wav files in a hex editor, I kept seeing LAME 4.97 or whatever. But LAME is for .mp3 files I thought. Well turns out that if you rename all the .wav's to .mp3's, Audacity imports them as actual .mp3 files instead of FFMpeg .wav files. And they play!!!

So, for some odd reason, that tells me that the audio is again in .mp3 format, just they renamed them to .wav files.

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

thepoop555  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Post:

Sorry, but I just got a encryptor working for GH WT audio!!! This means were close!!! But I also had to modify the decrypter because unlike GH3 and as bnw said, each song has their own unique key, and GH3 had one common key.

So now I am going to try and get a custom audio track in there, post back when I succeed!!!

Arandomguy1 on YouTube
TrevorTheGreat wrote:

choseh  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about proper de-xening of the xens? ;) hot for teacher, dammit_1 for example are all broken after decryption. can anyone have a look at this?
Kielidge  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also is there any chance you can post the source code to your encryptor, I want to see how its done, cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: