ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The (un)Official GHWT PC Bug Report Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: The (un)Official GHWT PC Bug Report Thread Reply with quote

READ THIS POST AND LOOK IN THE BUG LIST BEFORE POSTING YOUR PROBLEM. THANK YOU!

This is where the biggest collection of bugs, glitches, and downright sloppy port issues. If you have a UNIQUE glitch/bug/wahtev, post it, and if somone else can confirm it, then I'll add it to the list.

Special Rules:

1: If there is evidence that you pirated it, (ie: a glitch because a disc wasn't ripped right...etc) you will absolutely no help. Also, I will trace your IP, find where you live, and smack you with a rubber chicken. /joke

2: Don't post a bug thats in the list. If someone else posted it, but it ISNT in the list, go ahead and post it so it has confirmation, and WILL get added that way.

3. If you come across a new glitch that is UNIQUE to the PC/Mac version ONLY, Make sure that you say something like "I found a new glitch, its blablabla. Please update the OP." You know the deal.

Everything will be in this format:

Version Number

Category of Bugs/glitches

-Details of Bug -Submitter

FIX

-All fixes for said bug go here.

Next Bug:

etc.

Okay, onto the actual glitches!

CONFIRMED

Version 1.0.1

Various sloppy port issues:

-The ATi Catalyst Drivers 9.5 and up have stuttering problems on Vista/7. -eydee (he DID post it first.)

FIXES:

-Apparently a new Catalyst version was released that fixes the stutter. I've only read about it once....and I cant find the post right now....Just run WinUpdate and you'll be all set.

-WORKAROUND VISTA/7 BETA: If you cannot update to the latest Catalyst and/or it does NOT help, go to Career and create a setlist with the song(s) you want to play, then select the Tool venue. Apparently it works fine there.

-Other: Downgrade to 9.4 or use XP.

-Random lag spikes for some people. Others its just keeping the game at a stable framerate. -Various

FIXES:

-Plenty Hardware-related.

-This is a boost program I wrote for this game. Its still very much in beta, with lots of stuff not working. But its a start.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1460691#1460691

-The hair and lighting is not quite right. The hair looks like its off of a polly pocket at times, ant the light doesn't naturally blend around character models, it aliases the edges of the models, making them look like they're cell shaded.
Hair- ezodagrom
Lighting- HunterXyron1134

FIXES: None

-Front Row Camera is in the config file as an option, but enabling or disabling does nothing.

-HunterXyron1134 (noone else posted this from what i can tell)

FIXES:

None unless Aspyr adds it in later on, or there's a community patch.

-The game crashes on certain venues when you finish a song in Band Career. -gerarKIA

FIXES:

None at the moment. I'm researching this problem, once I can get my shiny new Windows 7 install to render games properly.....>_<

(And before you all accuse me of pirating, NO. I DID NOT. This techie guy at my school who im good friends with does a lot of crap for the big M$, so they gave him a RTM copy of 7 that he let me install.)

ONLINE BUGS

-If you name your online account the same thing as your band name, and cannot access online features, you cannot use your save file. -Ondersjaak

Fix:

-Rename your band. Simple enough. Or always make sure you have online when playing.

Keyboard Bugs

-Plugging in two keyboards locks your computer, forcing you to hard reboot. -Ondersjaak

-FIXES: None.

Wait.....the only logical one I can think of is plug the second KB in after the game is loaded......idk if that would work. Its worth a shot.

-The keyboard emulates the Tilt sensor for SP activation, so if you disable Tilt Sensor in options, you cant use SP on your keyboard. -eydee

FIXES:

-There will NOT be a fix unless in a patch Aspyr changes this. Or a community patch. (so in other words, NO)

VOCAL BUGS

-The vocal system is way off synch, and you also have "vocal lag" ie: You say something, 1 1/2 sec later u hear it out of your speakers. -Gaia

Fixes:

-There probably wont be one at all, unless Aspyr patches it, or theres a community patch (in other words, theres not gonna be a fix)

-Certain mic's arent recognized on certain computers. -trav257 -jof

FIXES:

VISTA/7:

Rename the Microphone in the Control Panel to "Logitec USB Microphone", no matter what brand it is, and the game will recognize and use it. -jof

Universal:

Download the Vitality No-CD Exe (Google it, I will NOT provide),and, using a hex editor, search for "Logitec USB Microphone" and replace it with the name of your mic.

DRUM GLITCHES

-ION Drum Rocker kits act like an unpatched console version- the cymbals hit orange and the respective pad it emulates in Rock Band, ie:

The Yellow cymbal hits both yellow and orange....etc.

FIXES:

Wait until Aspyr Patches.

UNCONFIRMED BUGS

Version 1.0.1

NONE AT THE CURRENT MOMENT

Feel free to submit more or to submit fixes, or even to point out oopsies I made in the post.[/b][/b]

My Youtube | iPhone RockBand Customs Research | My Twitter, with my GH/RB updates!
SThorpe wrote:

so did anyone get to touch Matt's Banstick? O_o

EviLize wrote:

Yeah, while he was playing pop'n I was playing around with it for a little bit.

Last edited by HunterXyron1134 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:26 am; edited 10 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TehMinja1134
Eyce  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, new update in the stuttering bug.

I get absolutely no problems if I'm playing in that freaky tool venue. No stuttering at all during any parts of the song.

As soon as I loaded up a normal arena it came back.

Can anybody confirm this?

The stuttering isn't an FPS problem, as the venue and the characters have absolutely no problems with their animation, it's the actual Fretboard scrolling object that seems to have the problems syncing to the rest of the game.
jof  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought World Tour today, together with the official USB Mic.

The Mic is working fine in windows, but Guitar Hero doesn't recognize it.

Someone else with this problem here?
eydee  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some keyboard bugs:

BUG 1:

Although guitar, bass and drums are all fully playable using the PC keyboard, the tutorials (all except the last one) are grayed out and disabled if you don't have a controller attached.

BUG 2:

It is very hard to activate the star power while using the keyboard. In previous GH games it was enough to tap the corresponding key, now you have to hold it for a while to get SP activated. Missing notes is almost guaranteed.
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyce wrote:
Alright, new update in the stuttering bug.

I get absolutely no problems if I'm playing in that freaky tool venue. No stuttering at all during any parts of the song.

As soon as I loaded up a normal arena it came back.

Can anybody confirm this?

The stuttering isn't an FPS problem, as the venue and the characters have absolutely no problems with their animation, it's the actual Fretboard scrolling object that seems to have the problems syncing to the rest of the game.

Similar to the Catalyst problem. Are you using an ATi card?

jof wrote:

Whoops, forgot to add this one...my bad. I dont know why it does this. Try setting the USB mic as the default record device in the Windows Sound Mixer.

eydee wrote:
Some keyboard bugs:

BUG 1:

Although guitar, bass and drums are all fully playable using the PC keyboard, the tutorials (all except the last one) are grayed out and disabled if you don't have a controller attached.

BUG 2:

It is very hard to activate the star power while using the keyboard. In previous GH games it was enough to tap the corresponding key, now you have to hold it for a while to get SP activated. Missing notes is almost guaranteed.

Bug 1: Thats not a bug. They purposely disabled those unless your using a controller.

Bug 2: I think that is just you. I have no problemw with kb sp. If anyone else can confirm it ill add it but until then i dont thing this would be classsified as a bug, just lag.

My Youtube | iPhone RockBand Customs Research | My Twitter, with my GH/RB updates!
SThorpe wrote:

EviLize wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TehMinja1134
Eyce  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXyron1134 wrote:
Similar to the Catalyst problem. Are you using an ATi card?

I know it's the Catalyst problem because I run an HD4850. I just thought that for now it's a decent enough workaround if you aren't freaked out about floating snake things.
eydee  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXyron1134 wrote:

Bug 1: Thats not a bug. They purposely disabled those unless your using a controller.
OK, it's a bug in the developers' head unless there's any good reason to do this. You know when you start a new career the game offers you to view the tutorial but you can't. Why does it offer it then?

HunterXyron1134 wrote:

Bug 2: I think that is just you. I have no problemw with kb sp. If anyone else can confirm it ill add it but until then i dont thing this would be classsified as a bug, just lag.
I have zero lag in the game (lucky, I know) and my brother with a different config has the same issue. Try hitting and releasing the SP button very fast (we play expert after all). It won't work (8 out of 10 times), you need to hold it for like 300-500 milliseconds. In a faster song a lot of notes come in that time period. I'm waiting for confirmation as well.
jof  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXyron1134 wrote:

jof wrote:

Whoops, forgot to add this one...my bad. I dont know why it does this. Try setting the USB mic as the default record device in the Windows Sound Mixer.

I did this already with the same result.
trav257  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jof wrote:
HunterXyron1134 wrote:

jof wrote:

i have the exact same problem.. using the official xbox 360 WT kit here too.. if i use the xbox controller and just the mic.. it comes up and shows the mic is the controller when i start up the game.. but when you try to select the vocal career it says "you must have a microphone connected..."
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eydee wrote:
OK, it's a bug in the developers' head unless there's any good reason to do this. You know when you start a new career the game offers you to view the tutorial but you can't. Why does it offer it then?

Because its Aspyr. :p

eydee wrote:
I have zero lag in the game (lucky, I know) and my brother with a different config has the same issue. Try hitting and releasing the SP button very fast (we play expert after all). It won't work (8 out of 10 times), you need to hold it for like 300-500 milliseconds. In a faster song a lot of notes come in that time period. I'm waiting for confirmation as well.

I play on expert too, songs like B.Y.O.B. I ,again, have no problem with the activation lag. Maybe your keyboard is just old, o isnt communicating very fast. I dont know how to fix this.

jof, about the mic not being recognized wrote:

Hmmm.....do you have any other USB mic's to test it with? Try unplugging/plugging it back in while tha game's running.

SThorpe wrote:

EviLize wrote:

eydee  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXyron1134 wrote:
Maybe your keyboard is just old, o isnt communicating very fast. I dont know how to fix this.
It's not new but it works fine in GH3, GHA and FoFiX. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a search on scorehero, then the internet for GH3 PC keyboard lag, seeing as how that would have more hits than GHWT, but i got nothing.

I really dont know how to help.

Hey, out of curiosity, do you use a USB kb, or a PS/2 one?

SThorpe wrote:

EviLize wrote:

eydee  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXyron1134 wrote:
Hey, out of curiosity, do you use a USB kb, or a PS/2 one?

It's PS/2. And the mouse as well though I don't use it in the game. I can tell that it's not keyboard lag because nothing else has this, just the SP. Fret buttons, strumming, whammy, menu navigation etc. all good. Keyboard lag would effect everything as far as I'm aware.

I found this. Take a look at the third post and possibly the whole thread:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86574&highlight=ghwt++guitar+gh3+star+power

It seems like the keyboard emulates the tilt sensor* and they managed to port a bug to PC. How impressive.

(*it makes sense, if you disable the tilt sensor in the options menu then the SP doesn't work at all)
jof  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HunterXyron1134 wrote:

jof, about the mic not being recognized wrote:

Hmmm.....do you have any other USB mic's to test it with? Try unplugging/plugging it back in while tha game's running.

I have no other USB Mic and I tried already unplugging/plugging during the game.

I openend a ticket at Activision. Let's see what they say about it.
jof  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found now a solution for my problem!!

Vista installed the mic automatically as an USB Audiodevice simply called "Microphone".
In Control Panel in the Sound icon "Recording Tab" i renamed it to "Logitech USB Microphone" and now it get recognized in the Game!

I found the solution because in Windows XP it installs as "Logitech USB Microphone" automatically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: